*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

7 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The organisation is the problem and the structure of the team could be vastly improved by introducing a 4-4-2 with two banks of four that are difficult to break down and quick counter attacks with fast wingers.  The coaching aspect I'd say was a misnomer, they by and large wouldn't get any better even if Mourinho came in, they are too old or the raw potential is lacking in the first place for that to happen.  They just need organised better and that should be possible in a week.

A week ? Really ? And I don't think there's anything wrong with a 433 as such but I hope there is a reaction but I think we are asking a lot, in a week,for a under 20s manager and no new personnel. 

7 hours ago, ZZed said:

I am hoping the players are wanting to prove the point that they are better than what we have seen so far this season. 

... and that would be shocking! But I know it happens. Oh and I expect a win ( and would have even with MW in charge) 

7 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

disagree completely

if players have been played out of position and are not happy with the system, it doesn't take much to play them in their strongest positions and go to a more familiar formation.

you can work that out in 10 minutes

Ah FM2017 management at its best - a wee quick change of shape and positions and we are Barcalona! ( or PSG) - it's so easy - I hope you have put your cv forward for consideration. 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah FM2017 management at its best - a wee quick change of shape and positions and we are Barcalona! ( or PSG) - it's so easy - I hope you have put your cv forward for consideration. 

Fancy getting to fuxk you tedious rat.

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

BP9, stop talking shite for one minute. 

You trying to tell me players were not played out of position under Warburton?

Are you also saying playing a player in or out of their position makes no difference to their performance?

Are you then saying that it is a long drawn out process making changes in formation and changing from playing a player out of position back to their natural position?

You're a fucking clown sometimes.

3 hours ago, JoeFraser said:

Hello, I am a first time poster here so forgive me a bit. I am actually a Bournemouth fan who signed up here ( and also follow follow ) to keep track of Emersons progress. Before ye all say " go away ya sassanach"  or slightly similar words, I was born in the southern general and lived my first four years at Striven Gardens, North Kelvinside and Cairnhill Circus, Crookston before moving down south. My old man was a jaggies fan, but I can remember my mum singing follow follow to me, though I don't think she went as far as billy boys. Anyway enough about me, I just wanted to ask about the above stats: didn't Hyndmann get an assist last week for Waghorns goal to add to the one for Miller in the Motherwell game? Also he had a shot tipped onto the bar so, whilst I agree he didn't look as effective in the holding role, he still managed  to have a positive effect. So good luck tomorrow, I will be watching on sky, hopefully you can pull back 3 points and then get the manager or DOF and coach situation sortede as soon as and close the gap on that other team next season.

Your Mum didn't do a good enough job then if you grew up supporting them and not us :tu:

"Your Mum didn't do a good enough job then if you grew up supporting them and not us"

Well I didn't want to bring this up but:::: whilst staying with my Auntie in East Kilbride in 1972  one of the neighbours, my cousins friend was a Gers fan and they were playing St. Mirren in the cup. So I managed to persuade my dad that I would be ok going at the grand age of 13. On the coach I went for an easy game. Well it did turn out to be easy,,, unfortunately it was for them who won 4-1 at Ibrox. As you can imagine I was the butt of much ire on the coach, called a jinx and told to never come back etc. I think it was good humoured. Family life in later years means I have never been able to return to put the jinx to bed, but I will get back one day. Bournemouth, well we were never a threat to anyone until we ( in desperation and having no money ) decided to give the managers job to a rookie ex player. Now we are in dreamland, we used to have bailiffs turn up for 25 grand debts, now we have signed a player for 15 mill, it just doesn't seem real.

50 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Are you also saying playing a player in or out of their position makes no difference to their performance?

Are you then saying that it is a long drawn out process making changes in formation and changing from playing a player out of position back to their natural position?

He's a clown all the time.

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Who are they?

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Who was played out of position - perhaps a case for waghorn? And he scored a good few goals from right wing. Who else? The rest seem to get played pretty much in their 'natural' position! 

Love the last line - good debating tactic that! 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Who was played out of position - perhaps a case for waghorn? And he scored a good few goals from right wing. Who else? The rest seem to get played pretty much in their 'natural' position! 

Even fucking Joey Barton was played out of position while he was here, are you fucking nuts?

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Aye that wee boo boy winger Halliday really made CDM his own. Sure I also spotted RB Tavernier in centre midfield a few times as well. And guess what, striker Kenny fucking Miller has been deployed in not only centre midfield too under MW but on the wing tae. That's 3 examples, just off top of my head. There are no doubt plenty more. 

I won't call you a clown but I don't think you know much about Rangers at all or indeed football but do love going gainst the grain in just about every topic just for the sake of it. 

Guest Lloyd72
30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No one really just Tav, Halliday, Ball, Dodoo, Miller, Windass, Forrester, Waghorn and Garner.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Just fucking pump them.

I'm depressed all fucking week thinking we'll get humped then the day before the game, I'm ready for chibbing cunts and we're going to pump the opposition.

This is King's fault!

Dont think that will be a good defence IF your caught chibbing cunts, I would rethink that one.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A week ? Really ? And I don't think there's anything wrong with a 433 as such but I hope there is a reaction but I think we are asking a lot, in a week,for a under 20s manager and no new personnel. 

These guys have all played elsewhere & with differing systems - I don't think it should be too much to ask.

Key elements are we don't expose our CB's with reckless pushing up of the full backs, then a lot of the rest falls into place.

3 hours ago, JoeFraser said:

"Your Mum didn't do a good enough job then if you grew up supporting them and not us"

Well I didn't want to bring this up but:::: whilst staying with my Auntie in East Kilbride in 1972  one of the neighbours, my cousins friend was a Gers fan and they were playing St. Mirren in the cup. So I managed to persuade my dad that I would be ok going at the grand age of 13. On the coach I went for an easy game. Well it did turn out to be easy,,, unfortunately it was for them who won 4-1 at Ibrox. As you can imagine I was the butt of much ire on the coach, called a jinx and told to never come back etc. I think it was good humoured. Family life in later years means I have never been able to return to put the jinx to bed, but I will get back one day. Bournemouth, well we were never a threat to anyone until we ( in desperation and having no money ) decided to give the managers job to a rookie ex player. Now we are in dreamland, we used to have bailiffs turn up for 25 grand debts, now we have signed a player for 15 mill, it just doesn't seem real.

Boooringggggggg :Zzz: