***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

32 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

maybe that's why he doesn't want the job because we never (As far as we know) went and got his suggestion possibly?

Sorry for catching up with these a wee bit late. I'm told that's part of it, his preferred choices aren't immediately available and (at least some of) the board want someone in now rather than the summer.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, The Dude said:

Us. Wilson had a hand in taking him to Huddersfield iirc.

That'll be where the Wagner rumours were coming from then. If Wagner coming was his main stipulation for coming then it was never really realistic.

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So if we appoint a manager its because of a home game tomorrow? What a roaster you are if you actually believe that

What is so hard to understand. We have no money, King lied to us about "over investing". Tomorrow we have a cup game which will generate some revenue, but I don't think it will be enough to allow us to make an appointment.

Rather than chuck insults at me why not wait to see how it pans out. I'd be more than happy to be wrong

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Us. Wilson had a hand in taking him to Huddersfield iirc.

He joined Huddersfield a few months after Wilson left but aye I'd assume Wilson had him on a managerial database for Huddersfield. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Any other names you are aware of!?

DOF the only ones I'm aware of that appear to have a shout at Wilson & Mitchell.

Wilson recommended a few names. Wagner, Caixinha and Garry Monk are apparently ones he mentioned. There seems to be a bit more than it being about a manager though. He's VERY aware that if he comes here and fails then it's a big problem. He's not a Johnny Foreigner who can just ride off into the sunset with his compo cheque. If it goes tits up here it's going to follow him around for the rest of his career/life. He wants to make sure he has all the tools needed to be a success before committing to anything. He has that at Southampton. We need to convince him it'll be provided for him here.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

DOF the only ones I'm aware of that appear to have a shout at Wilson & Mitchell.

Wilson recommended a few names. Wagner, Caixinha and Garry Monk are apparently ones he mentioned. There seems to be a bit more than it being about a manager though. He's VERY aware that if he comes here and fails then it's a big problem. He's not a Johnny Foreigner who can just ride off into the sunset with his compo cheque. If it goes tits up here it's going to follow him around for the rest of his career/life. He wants to make sure he has all the tools needed to be a success before committing to anything. He has that at Southampton. We need to convince him it'll be provided for him here.

So Barrbaroasters comment above that we will need to see the attendance tomorrow before we decide if we can afford to employ a manager is bullshit then? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He joined Huddersfield a few months after Wilson left but aye I'd assume Wilson had him on a managerial database for Huddersfield. 

Aye that sounds about right. From everything I've read and heard about him he appears to be very meticulous in what he does and how he does it. There's lots of long-term planning and data-gathering to get the best for the players. There was a thing in The Sun (I think) where he spoke about their player databases of every local club and player down to U7 or U8. I know they done similar with Falkirk too when he was working there and tried to really expand their local footprint in youth football.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Surely the chance to be in charge of Rob Kiernan and Michael O Halloran is a big pull to him though..

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its a bigger responsibility at Rangers though, he can organise the whole show as director of football, at Southampton Les Reed is the director of football and Wilson director of scouting and recruitment.

He will be well aware he has a chance to mould our famous football club with all the related grief/elation that goes with it, it will be a whole lot less comfy than his present job but I think the ambitious streak he obviously possesses will lead him to us.

I have zero inside info just a gut feeling.

3 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

So Barrbaroasters comment above that we will need to see the attendance tomorrow before we decide if we can afford to employ a manager is bullshit then? :lol: 

Glad you find the situation something to laugh about.

15 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

What is so hard to understand. We have no money, King lied to us about "over investing". Tomorrow we have a cup game which will generate some revenue, but I don't think it will be enough to allow us to make an appointment.

Rather than chuck insults at me why not wait to see how it pans out. I'd be more than happy to be wrong

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

Glad you find the situation something to laugh about.

No. It's you we are laughing at. But you knew that already.

So whats your estimation of the attendance needed tomorrow in order to allow us to employ a manager? 

Just now, pcbear said:

Its a bigger responsibility at Rangers though, he can organise the whole show as director of football, at Southampton Les Reed is the director of football and Wilson director of scouting and recruitment.

He will be well aware he has a chance to mould our famous football club with all the related grief/elation that goes with it, it will be a whole lot less comfy than his present job but I think the ambitious streak he obviously possesses will lead him to us.

I have zero inside info just a gut feeling.

I can't disagree with a word of this and it's something he's VERY aware of. I've got a few people who know him well and everyone has said the same. As much as there's a risk it can go wrong there's also a potentially massive reward if it does go right. That he said no last saturday yet we're still talking with him a week later is an encouraging sign imo. There's definitely a pull for him there otherwise we'd have went our separate ways by now.

19 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

what's so hard to understand is why you feel the need to lie.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As far as you know though, he hasn't rejected us - yet?

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can't disagree with a word of this and it's something he's VERY aware of. I've got a few people who know him well and everyone has said the same. As much as there's a risk it can go wrong there's also a potentially massive reward if it does go right. That he said no last saturday yet we're still talking with him a week later is an encouraging sign imo. There's definitely a pull for him there otherwise we'd have went our separate ways by now.

Fingers a crossed for a big crowd tomorrow this appointment deepens on it:lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

No. It's you we are laughing at. But you knew that already.

So whats your estimation of the attendance needed tomorrow in order to allow us to employ a manager? 

Ok I apologise I shouldn't have used sarcasm as it's obviously beyond your comprehension. I sarcastically said if there's a good turnout we'll have a few quid.

At no point did I suggest that we would need this money to appoint a manager or DOF.

However I stand by my statement that we are SKINT.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We aint going to be shite forever and he could be part of the launch pad of our institution, we don't play in the  EPL with its obscene riches, but our club has riches of its own which money cant buy.