Post match Reaction.

Guest Lloyd72

1 minute ago, Lothianbear said:

We are a mess, that performance was a shocker but not suprising, Feel sorry for Graeme Murty, he's not what we need right now but feels obliged to help out , The board need a exierenced guy in now , wait no longer ......please !

The emphasis you place on experience alone concerns me. The board need a guy with experience and who has a proven track record elsewhere. Preferably not a person that has been here before, but someone with a track record who can take this club forward in a dynamic way. I agree with the timing, that person should be in now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The emphasis you place on experience alone concerns me. The board need a guy with experience and who has a proven track record elsewhere. Preferably not a person that has been here before, but someone with a track record who can take this club forward in a dynamic way. I agree with the timing, that person should be in now.

I don't want someone who has been here before, i want someone who can get this lot playing and show a bit of backbone, someone who knows how to get a performance from a team. 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I can't see Eck taking it without guarantees for next season otherwise he'd be in now

No one else is lining up to give him a job. If he got offered a position till the end of the season he would jump at it.

Things have changed in the last few weeks (at the board's behest) which means a drastic change in tactics is required. 

Front load investment, do what they need to do or we'll be here this time next year in the same place, talking about the same damn thing.

The gap is so large now between us and the manks that it's gonna take at least 2-3 years to even get in a position to challenge IMO. 

The Board are running out of time - the fans on their side won't abide in them very much longer.

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He's just a yes man. Just tell the board you don't want it and stop prolonging this pish. 

Folk were spouting we didn't need a man to come in before this game, well they were delusional because if we don't there will be no European football.  

Precisely - many stated last week we desperately needed someone. If Big Eck says no, then it could be a 4th or 5th place finish. It's really that bad... 

I also don't understand the capitulation since hogmanay... it was a reasonably decent performance that day, however since that match it's been a nightmare. That's after Hyndman and Toral arriving, too... bizarre. 

At some point players have to stand up and recognise it's their bloody careers on the line, if they're a part of the worst Rangers side in Premiership history;

a) They won't be at the club next season

b) They won't get to train at a great centre every day

c) won't get to play in front of 50k passionate fans

d) won't get a decent contract anywhere else

e) Forever remembered as nothing... 

Warburton has assembled a group of immature imbeciles. 

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The board are more concerned about how they can sell next year's season tickets.  

I don't believe that to be true, as the board and the fans both know that we will be loyal and once again go to the well and provide our support.

It's a different discussion regarding the board v a successful footballing team.

3 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

It's 3.00 on Monday morning and I can't sleep.
Found myself watching the black bin liner blowing about on the park in the background.
Think i'll go back to bed and try again.  

Aye it's testing everyones resolve but do you think the bin liner could come in at CDM?

9 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He's just a yes man. Just tell the board you don't want it and stop prolonging this pish. 

Folk were spouting we didn't need a man to come in before this game, well they were delusional because if we don't there will be no European football.  

I have to admit prior to the game I was hoping that maybe Murty with Miller at his back might be able to hold it together and give time to find a suitable long term replacement- How wrong was I!

Murty is not a Manager- he is am employee who has been stuck in a role well beyond his skill set by his employers.  It is the equivalent of asking the Hospital janitor to do the Surgeons job- he does not have a chance.

King created the problem, and apart from his Trump like media release when he got rid of Warburton is once again no where to be seen. Due to the way in which King and Co have "managed" this Club, and despite overwhelming support from the fan base in season ticket sales, our aspiration level for this season looks to be now 3rd place. We are fortunate that Neilson left Hearts this season and that they have their own problems otherwise even 3rd place would look an unrealistic goal, but continue to fail to perform as we did today and then even 3rd place will be beyond this team.

King needs to start grasping his responsibilities and delivering on all his sound bite promises that he made prior to taking control. 

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

I don't believe that to be true, as the board and the fans both know that we will be loyal and once again go to the well and provide our support.

It's a different discussion regarding the board v a successful footballing team.

I think you are in for a shock regarding season ticket sales. We are in a worse state than ever with absolutely no leadership at any level and just going with a straw poll taken in pub last night then I believe that the majority of fans have had enough of this shite. When you have got to the ridiculous point when you are practically taking some cunt off the street and making him manager then the game is up. The shower of work shy talentless bastards who are masquerading as Rangers players were not doing it for Warburton so how does the board (that's if there is such a thing) think that they are suddenly going to start performing under a guy who is seriously out of his depth. Not one name being banded about fills me with hope for the future and if you add that to the fact that we are skint then I see ticket sales plummeting. When it comes to the stage where fans are praising Miller just for trying then you know you are fucked,to call that Dundee team yesterday workmanlike would be kind yet they completely steamrollered us right from the kickoff, from where I was Hill didn't even look injured yesterday he just looked as if he didn't want to be there. Even going with the unlikely scenario that we sign a top drawer manager,would he keep anyone from that team put out yesterday, I think we all know the answer to that question. Warburton should have been chased after the cup final but we had nobody with the balls to do it and we are now going to be stuck with his legacy in just the same way we were after mccoist. I honestly don't see where we go from here under King and co and the mere thought of these charlatans remaining in charge fills me with dread.

29 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I think you are in for a shock regarding season ticket sales. We are in a worse state than ever with absolutely no leadership at any level and just going with a straw poll taken in pub last night then I believe that the majority of fans have had enough of this shite. When you have got to the ridiculous point when you are practically taking some cunt off the street and making him manager then the game is up. The shower of work shy talentless bastards who are masquerading as Rangers players were not doing it for Warburton so how does the board (that's if there is such a thing) think that they are suddenly going to start performing under a guy who is seriously out of his depth. Not one name being banded about fills me with hope for the future and if you add that to the fact that we are skint then I see ticket sales plummeting. When it comes to the stage where fans are praising Miller just for trying then you know you are fucked,to call that Dundee team yesterday workmanlike would be kind yet they completely steamrollered us right from the kickoff, from where I was Hill didn't even look injured yesterday he just looked as if he didn't want to be there. Even going with the unlikely scenario that we sign a top drawer manager,would he keep anyone from that team put out yesterday, I think we all know the answer to that question. Warburton should have been chased after the cup final but we had nobody with the balls to do it and we are now going to be stuck with his legacy in just the same way we were after mccoist. I honestly don't see where we go from here under King and co and the mere thought of these charlatans remaining in charge fills me with dread.

Within around 10 seconds of the kick off the Dundee striker missed a sitter, Tavernier was everywhere except where he should have been, Hodson turned his back on the ball for the first goal (he stands square on and the ball hits him) and BM done exactly the same at the free kick for the 2nd.

30 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Within around 10 seconds of the kick off the Dundee striker missed a sitter, Tavernier was everywhere except where he should have been, Hodson turned his back on the ball for the first goal (he stands square on and the ball hits him) and BM done exactly the same at the free kick for the 2nd.

At kick off Dundee had three players on the half way line on the left wing who all sprinted forward on the whistle to put our weak right back area under immediate pressure. They came within a whisker of getting the immediate goal when the cross skimmed across their striker's forehead - better contact and it was 1-0. If Hartley can see this weakness in our side and plan ahead for it, why can't our manager(s) (appointed or acting) recognise it and address it? As soon as they lined up that way it was so obvious what they intended but no reaction from our players either - for example, shouldn't our "CDM" have moved to his right to pick up at least one of the three? I get hugely frustrated watching this.

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

:lol: he sent them out organised like a bad pub team.

They've been playing like a bad pub team for a year now. Would like to know the contact lengths of  all our players. Hope there's a lot of them up come the end of the season because nobody in there right mind would take them on for the wages there on here! U look through that Dundee team and think what a pile of shite but at least that pile of shite were actually up for it and played like they give a fuck. That team we have are a bunch of spineless cunts and il enjoy seeing there careers going dwn the pan when there times up here! 

It was embarrassing to watch. Waited until the 80th minute to make a sub, rolled about like a clown on the touch line, and says aye but it was "unacceptable" aye that's it:lol:

That was even worse than the Hearts game. 

I watched more of Dundee in the second half and they made two passes once:lol:

That was literally how bad they were, never mind us. 

He is not up to the job but has stepped up and done it because he has been asked to and their is no other fucker to do it at the moment. It will help nobody for people to turn against him. He is way out of his depth. 

The fact he is one of them and yet still showed more hurt and passion than most of the team showed on the pitch says a lot about the squad we have. 

We are a laughing stock just now. Every team we play thinks we are for the taking. Heartbreaking.

For me the players have to take a good long hard look in the mirror, they are not doing themselves nor the club and fans justice.

Abysmal lack of heart and effort throughout the team, beyond woeful and never ever good enough to have the priviledge of wearing our famous jersey.

I feel for Murty, threw in at the deep end without a paddle and players who have no desire to show the new guy their worth to the team.

Serious re-thinking required from top to bottom at our club, the board need to buck their ideas up and do something before a lot of very patient fans turn their backs, then we are in very serious trouble.

I actually felt sorry for Murty; he should not have been in charge yesterday. He should have been doing his own job with the under-20s, not caretaking the first team for a second week. That's being hung-out to dry, in my opinion. A caretaker manager is a stop-gap that very rarely works, especially not in a toxic situation. From a professional point of view, it'll be doing his career no good.

Then, I seen him doing that backwards handstand roll on the touchline and thought, "fuck him".