DoF update

Deanzmeanzheinz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Fuck it - i know it's a risky business on here but i've heard from a guy high up in the supporters group that Ross Wilson of Southampton has been offered the position. 

And now where did i put my tin hat? 

In do not think you will need said hat this time mate, it is being discussed (for the last hour or so) in the Rowan thread. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Fuck it - i know it's a risky business on here but i've heard from a guy high up in the supporters group that Ross Wilson of Southampton has been offered the position. 

Hope the fucker never picked you pocket :matron:

I notice the DOF discussion seems to have fallen down the pages and I was wondering if that is because we have no information to discuss or have we forgot that surely this position (if that is the route we are still going down) needs to be filled before the manager position. 

Any ideas why it is just the manager thread that is getting all the attention ???

On 20/02/2017 at 7:08 PM, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was told the same yesterday afternoon by a guy who represents players. Not an official agent, but a representative. A bluenose and has decent contacts. He's not sure if Wilson will accept though, just that he is the number 1 target and has been offered the job. Celtic are also interested in him for a slightly different position. 

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I notice the DOF discussion seems to have fallen down the pages and I was wondering if that is because we have no information to discuss or have we forgot that surely this position (if that is the route we are still going down) needs to be filled before the manager position. 

Any ideas why it is just the manager thread that is getting all the attention ???

Thats because you broke IT , 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Wilson seems to be the favourite but I have not seen it mentioned for a day or two and every time he is mentioned it is covered by the fact he might not take it on. :unsure:

I think it's because it could be seen as taking a step down maybe. Historically we may be a bigger club than most in the EPL but Southampton deal in sums of money for one player that our whole club turnover in an financial year. If he does come here then it will be a bit of a statement by him and us. I think it's a long shot. Unless he has some sentimental feeling to come here but i have no idea what his background is. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think it's because it could be seen as taking a step down maybe. Historically we may be a bigger club than most in the EPL but Southampton deal in sums of money for one player that our whole club turnover in an financial year. If he does come here then it will be a bit of a statement by him and us. I think it's a long shot. Unless he has some sentimental feeling to come here but i have no idea what his background is. 

I agree, but keep thinking it might be the lack of funds being offered to get in new players. I will counter that by saying if he does come in then he must have been given better news on that front than most of us expect.

6 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He was interviewed for the post so that alone tells me he is interested, otherwise why apply/go along?

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree, but keep thinking it might be the lack of funds being offered to get in new players. I will counter that by saying if he does come in then he must have been given better news on that front than most of us expect.

Absolutely. Same goes for calibre of manager as well. A "highest calibre" as Robertson promised isn't going to come in and work with bosmans or a £10m a year wage bill. 

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

He was interviewed for the post so that alone tells me he is interested, otherwise why apply/go along?

That's a good point. You might be right. Maybe talks haven't went the way he wanted then. If rumours that he isn't interested are to be believed. 

On 20/02/2017 at 7:08 PM, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He seems to the best of the bunch.