U20s V St Johnstone

RFC RYAN

3-0 up at HT Burt has scored 2 and Houston got the other. Playing some nice football. Murty came in about 20 minutes in. Mullholland and Jim Stewart's boy(a think) taking the team. Had a goal chopped off and Rudden hit the bar from about 30 yards. St Johnstone hit the post 30 seconds in but not done much since. 

Are the U20's playing a different style now? In other words, they don't have to stick to the MW 4-3-3 tap the ball style of play that he wanted in the first team, and throughout the younger teams? 

Or was that never the case in the first place?

What are the chances of Burt getting any game time before the end of the season?

I heard he's wanted by someone else so if he's not getting any game time or anywhere even near it I can't see him sticking about much longer.

30 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Are the U20's playing a different style now? In other words, they don't have to stick to the MW 4-3-3 tap the ball style of play that he wanted in the first team, and throughout the younger teams? 

Or was that never the case in the first place?

They play out from the back formation was 4231/433 Gilmour playing number 10 role. First goal was a screamer from Burt after great passing move curled it into the corner from about 25 yards. His 2nd goal was a even better passing move and drilled it in from a tight angle Gilmours pass out to Rudden in the build up was superb split the full saints defence and Rudden set up Burt. 3rd goal came from good play from Serge Atakayi out of the left and he put it across for Jordan Houston(right back) finished well. 

A few standouts. 

Ross McCorie at CB handled most things and looked very good he was captain today. 

Max Ashmore was playing as the sitting midfielder and bossed the game he was fantastic Motm for me. Wasn't scared to tackle and could find a pass. 

Serge Atakayi done well ran all day set up a goal deserved one himself had a couple of half chances quick going forward and always looks to beat the man infront of him. 

Liam Burt took his goals really well and was a threat down the left side the first half went quiet second half. 

A wee word on Billy Gilmour was really looking forward to seeing him play he drifted in and out the game was always looking for the ball. His first touch, passing and dribbling is scary for how young he is. The St Johnstone players couldn't get near him all day when he had the ball. I don't think he is ready for the first team just yet has some growing to do  but he is only 15 so has plenty of time to grow. He was the smallest guy on the park. Need to get him signed up no matter what. 

21 minutes ago, MasterD said:

What are the chances of Burt getting any game time before the end of the season?

I heard he's wanted by someone else so if he's not getting any game time or anywhere even near it I can't see him sticking about much longer.

I think next season he should be looking at the first team maybe the back end of this season just unfortunate we are chasing 2nd place. 

1 minute ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Never checked on the fixtures drove past the St Tomstoun mini bus at Castlecary Arches and they were all sleeping as they toddled along.

Strange pre match tbh.

St tomstoun are a fantastic side. where they playing after us and st johnstone?