• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye and press conference on Monday to deflect attention from result.

That's the one!

Still, new start and all that, even i'm slightly, just slightly, less concerned by tomorrow's result now, so the strategy is working already :happy:

Like the fact he said a winning and then entertaining Rangers team. Really hope he gets us, he has the passion he seems like he wants to win and therefore if he understands the expectations of the fans and club (unlike Warburton) then I think we're off to a good start

Good luck Pedro coming into a right  fuckin mess that Warburton's left behind.

Warburton   gave some of his favourites improved long term contracts and deals they would never get anywhere else that  should never be anywhere near Auchenhowie hoping he tells a few players a few home truths and skelps some of them in the summer.

So he has 3 years, presumably more if he makes a real success of it.

Its what we don't know yet that will become increasingly important.    We don't know what objectives he's agreed to try to accomplish.  Is it to create a title winning side during is contract term - I hope so.   If its something a bit more fluffy like more of the 'highly competitive' and '2nd will do and build from there' stuff we were given at the start of this season then that would not play well.  The other thing is what financial backing for transfer fund he's been given.   We'll never be told the budget but I can only assume he has got cast iron commitments from the Board about being given the financial backing to do a proper job to meet the objectives.    We'll get some idea of the size of the transfer budget in the Summer transfer window with the evidence being in the quality of player that arrives. 

He has the rest of this season to shake the squad up, get used to Scottish football, get used to a need to instil a winning mentality for each game and form a view on which players stay and which leave.  Which leaves a bit of time before objectives for the remainder of his 3 year term need to be declared by King.   He'll need to do this in much better terms than he did last season with the 'going for 55 but let's not say when' line.