UB incident?

graeme_4

Just before the singing section started, Ibrox was like a morgue for about 80% of the time. The singing/UB section isn't perfect but it's better than having that. We don't organically create our own atmosphere most of the time. It'd be nice if we did, but we don't. If they disappeared, it'd go back to the way it was.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

What's so hard to understand? You talked about the UB as a GROUP.. I asked if you knew them (the group).. you said "aye a few" and I said knowing a few doesn't constitute to the views of ALL the group. I know you're only a few years away from shiting into a bed pan but it shouldn't be too hard for you to understand wrinkles.

Your second part doesn't make sense old timer. What does the capacity of Ibrox have to do with coordinating hundreds (The UB if it's not clear) to creating an atmosphere? 

Nah see I'm moaning at a grumpy old bastard being stuck in the past for getting upset over fans creating an atmosphere. I'm sticking up for my own while you're being a fanny over a fucking megaphone. 

Here you go again with your utter pish hahaha. What one of them said that eh? Wee silly Alan or that wee prick Jordan? Suppose if you believe something enough you start to believe your own lie. Classic case with you. 

I'm not sure what part of the world you live in but where I am from there's not any 30 year olds with a need for a bed pan ?  

What does the capacity of Ibrox have to do with creating an atmosphere inside Ibrox? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, engaging the other 49,000 punters in the stadium might just go a little bit further than only engaging the 'hundreds'. 

Stuck in the past? What the fuck are you slavering on about? 

What's the classic case with me? Fabricating lies? Go on then and humour me and back that one up. Please. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Just now, PRW. said:

Pathetic from whatever fanny said that mate. 

Can only go on the guys I know in it and I know they're good guys who are only interested in making Ibrox a better atmosphere but I do know they get a fair amount of hangers on who no doubt are the type of fannys you had words with. 

I know some of the boys mate and they're spot on.

I'll not tar all of them by one wee sick but I do believe some of them will have a "this is ours" type attitude. 

I sat in bf1 in the admin season. I moved across as I was bored of the wee copland/govan corner.

It was good. I wasn't part of the group although I did know a few personally and drink with them. Mainly decent boys who are trying to improve things. 

I'm old school even at just over 30 :lol: but for me it's loyalist songs and the old school club songs rather than the generic tunes that are used Europe wide by all clubs. 

I do.like the windass song though. But some of it just isn't for me. But imo the wee guys ain't doing too much wrong whether there's a few fannies amongst them or not 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I know some of the boys mate and they're spot on.

I'll not tar all of them by one wee sick but I do believe some of them will have a "this is ours" type attitude. 

I sat in bf1 in the admin season. I moved across as I was bored of the wee copland/govan corner.

It was good. I wasn't part of the group although I did know a few personally and drink with them. Mainly decent boys who are trying to improve things. 

I'm old school even at just over 30 :lol: but for me it's loyalist songs and the old school club songs rather than the generic tunes that are used Europe wide by all clubs. 

I do.like the windass song though. But some of it just isn't for me. But imo the wee guys ain't doing too much wrong whether there's a few fannies amongst them or not 

Just over 30? Ooft. You'll need a bedpan soon brother. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'm not sure what part of the world you live in but where I am from there's not any 30 year olds with a need for a bed pan ?  

What does the capacity of Ibrox have to do with creating an atmosphere inside Ibrox? Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, engaging the other 49,000 punters in the stadium might just go a little bit further than only engaging the 'hundreds'. 

Stuck in the past? What the fuck are you slavering on about? 

What's the classic case with me? Fabricating lies? Go on then and humour me and back that one up. Please. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

YOU'RE 30!!?? Fuck me the way you rattle on about songs and megaphones e.g loud noises is even more hilarious then. 

I generally think you forget what you say in your previous replies and just wing it. We'll do this again fuck sake. I stated how the member with the megaphone is obviously not able to have his eyes glued on the pitch at every moment when he has hundreds (The UB members) to coordinate with songs. You said good thing Ibrox doesn't have tens of thousands in capacity.. I said what does the capacity have to do with that member not watching the game.. He's in control of a few hundred (The UB) which is a lot of people for 1 man.. what happens elsewhere is largely out of his control. 

Hahaha again seeing what you want to see. I said you are a classic case of believing a made up situation so much in your head (the UB believing they're the Jesus Christ of Rangers) that you begin to believe it in real life. You're the one making baseless statements and I've every right to call utter bullshit on them until you produce evidence that they do indeed believe they are the best thing to happen to Rangers.   

Tbh all they're trying to do is create a good atmosphere. I don't think they are selfish or attention-seekers as some are suggesting. All the displays and banners they make are self-funded after all.

Being enclosed in that corner certainly doesn't help them as the atmosphere isolated a bit. 

I'm pretty sure they tried to expand across the centre of the BF a few years back but were denied.

1 minute ago, JamesRFC__ said:

YOU'RE 30!!?? Fuck me the way you rattle on about songs and megaphones e.g loud noises is even more hilarious then. 

I generally think you forget what you say in your previous replies and just wing it. We'll do this again fuck sake. I stated how the member with the megaphone is obviously not able to have his eyes glued on the pitch at every moment when he has hundreds (The UB members) to coordinate with songs. You said good thing Ibrox doesn't have tens of thousands in capacity.. I said what does the capacity have to do with that member not watching the game.. He's in control of a few hundred (The UB) which is a lot of people for 1 man.. what happens elsewhere is largely out of his control. 

Hahaha again seeing what you want to see. I said you are a classic case of believing a made up situation so much in your head (the UB believing they're the Jesus Christ of Rangers) that you begin to believe it in real life. You're the one making baseless statements and I've every right to call utter bullshit on them until you produce evidence that they do indeed believe they are the best thing to happen to Rangers.   

Only the first 2/3 rows are UB.

47 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

What's so hard to understand? You talked about the UB as a GROUP.. I asked if you knew them (the group).. you said "aye a few" and I said knowing a few doesn't constitute to the views of ALL the group. I know you're only a few years away from shiting into a bed pan but it shouldn't be too hard for you to understand wrinkles.

Your second part doesn't make sense old timer. What does the capacity of Ibrox have to do with coordinating hundreds (The UB if it's not clear) to creating an atmosphere? 

Nah see I'm moaning at a grumpy old bastard being stuck in the past for getting upset over fans creating an atmosphere. I'm sticking up for my own while you're being a fanny over a fucking megaphone. 

Here you go again with your utter pish hahaha. What one of them said that eh? Wee silly Alan or that wee prick Jordan? Suppose if you believe something enough you start to believe your own lie. Classic case with you. 

Wrinkles:lol::lol:

https://youtu.be/yEVM_2R3RVY

I think it is good on them for trying to create more atmosphere and as others have said I think they need to move to a different area to help spread the atmosphere a bit more like making the CF safe standing area and have the UB in behind the goal there. Can't say I am a fan of the generic European ultra songs but I think it is more of a culture thing and the older traditional songs are better for the support than generic sings that are mainly sung in Italy/Spain/Portugal/Balkans. It is the same for us over here, there is generic South/Central American barras bravas songs that most clubs sing but just change the words to their team, it is better when a team has their "own" songs.