Richard Keys DR Article - Boycott Sky Sports

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah 'Mr I hate everything' - when you say 'Scottish football deserves a shite deal hope they all suffer. Fuck the lot ' you do realise that we are part of Scottish football ( whether you like it or not) - mind you clarity of thought is not your forte, is it? 

Could KAI and you not just get a room?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Trooblue said:

1. Richard Keys has an agenda of his own, and is a dubious character to say the least.

2. The 'product' (Scottish football) is crap, so no broadcaster is going to pay over the odds for it. 

No one turns up to watch matches in any significant numbers at 75% of the clubs. No one wants to pay TV fees to see empty stands.

"Premier," clubs with empty stands don't deserve extra money they deserve to fold or play in junior leagues.

5 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

No one turns up to watch matches in any significant numbers at 75% of the clubs. No one wants to pay TV fees to see empty stands.

"Premier," clubs with empty stands don't deserve extra money they deserve to fold or play in junior leagues.

Yes, and the stands would be even emptier if there was more TV coverage ...

Scottish football has lived off the Old Firm for decades, and chose to inflict a serious wound on itself in 2012 by 'punishing' the goose that laid the golden egg. Of course that was meant to open up a whole new era of 'strong competition' and 'growth' of the non-Old Firm clubs.  How is that scenario coming along lads? 

Its fine saying clubs with empty stands don't deserve more money but if you remember the 80s youll  remember watching match of the day when English clubs in the old first division played in stadiums well short of capacity, only really a few could fill their grounds, money from tv  changed everything, how many used to watch crystal palace before they could afford to buy strikers for 30 million quid?

Would be interesting to see how many SS subscribers are Rangers supporters, Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, bheats etc and the amount the clubs actually receive.

Would like to know the ratio of Rangers supporters and Spurs supporters to the amount the clubs will actually receive.

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

Its fine saying clubs with empty stands don't deserve more money but if you remember the 80s youll  remember watching match of the day when English clubs in the old first division played in stadiums well short of capacity, only really a few could fill their grounds, money from tv  changed everything, how many used to watch crystal palace before they could afford to buy strikers for 30 million quid?

Fair enough, but 'well short of capacity' for those English clubs still represented huge numbers compared with the two men and a dog who watch the Scottish clubs.  I lived in Leicester in the 1980s and went a lot to the old Filbert Street.  When they weren't playing the big teams their crowds were on the low side, but even that was five or six times as much as the Motherwells, Kilmarnocks, etc get today. 

33 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah 'Mr I hate everything' - when you say 'Scottish football deserves a shite deal hope they all suffer. Fuck the lot ' you do realise that we are part of Scottish football ( whether you like it or not) - mind you clarity of thought is not your forte, is it? 

I knew Some prick would say this and a couple of gimps would hit like 

I've covered this loads in the past, it's an absolute myth we need a strong Scottish football to pospher - look at our 2 strongest seasons in recent times the 92/93 CL season where Celtic were on their arse, the only game on TV was the Scottish cup final or Manchester final ... Scotland had been beat off Georgia and failed to qualify for a major competition yet again and the likes of Motherwell were still getting bumped out of Europe damaging our co-efficient 

There's no major benefit to be had in terms of Cracking Scottish football if we get a wee bit more in tv money I.e we still get the same amount Celtic will get ... a better tv deal won't change a thing except maybe make the rest of them outwith Rangers and Celtic a bit stronger with a wee bit more money 

do you honestly think boycotting is going to make SKY give Scottish football a better deal? Are you so brain dead that you can't see they'll just remove the deal they've already got if no one in Scotland is watching? How's that work in your one track mind when it comes to the good of the Scottish game?

typical highlander mentality here roar we're Scottish and deserve more when we don't 

the narrative here is very much about the good of our game - a game that tried to eradicate Rangers from it ... just remember that before you try to preach to me on here (same goes for the 2 dumplings who liked your comment who I thought better of too)

12 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Palace filled their stadium before this season.

I get what youre saying but the point I'm making is that a fairer tv deal would equal more money for clubs to spend and therefor surely a better standard of player on the park and bigger crowds. Simple demographics mean that crowds will never equal those in England ,leicester is a big place compared to motherwell or Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I knew Some prick would say this and a couple of gimps would hit like 

I've covered this loads in the past, it's an absolute myth we need a strong Scottish football to pospher - look at our 2 strongest seasons in recent times the 92/93 CL season where Celtic were on their arse, the only game on TV was the Scottish cup final or Manchester final ... Scotland had been beat off Georgia and failed to qualify for a major competition yet again and the likes of Motherwell were still getting bumped out of Europe damaging our co-efficient 

There's no major benefit to be had in terms with of Cracking Scottish football if we get a wee bit more in tv money I.e we still get the same amount Celtic will get ... a better tv deal won't change a thing except maybe make the rest of them outwith Rangers and Celtic a bit stronger with a wee bit more money 

the narrative here is very much about the good of our game - a game that tried to eradicate Rangers from it ... just remember that before you try to preach to me on here (same goes for the 2 dumplings who liked your comment who I thought better of too)

I completely get where you are coming from here. But strongly believe that for selfish reasons, the only way we will compete at the levels we once did in past ag is through significant investment from TV money. If this was to happen Rangers would once again become a very invest-able  institution and from this we could gain investment that would take us to the next level. 

Trying to shaft the rest of Scottish Football the way they did to us ins't an option - We are bigger than that.

Just now, blueredandwhite said:

I completely get where you are coming from here. But strongly believe that for selfish reasons, the only way we will compete at the levels we once did in past ag is through significant investment from TV money. If this was to happen Rangers would once again become a very invest-able  institution and from this we could gain investment that would take us to the next level. 

Trying to shaft the rest of Scottish Football the way they did to us ins't an option - We are bigger than that.

Don't have to shaft them mate, just don't see the need to make the rest of them stronger. 

A better tv deal wouldn't make us any better off in a league we are competing with Celtic for top prize 

exception to this would be a deal like England gets but that's not what anyone means so it's a moot point and if anyone does want or think we deserve the same deal as England then they should just log out 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Don't have to shaft them mate, just don't see the need to make the rest of them stronger. 

A better tv deal wouldn't make us any better off in a league we are competing with Celtic for top prize 

exception to this would be a deal like England gets but that's not what anyone means so it's a moot point and if anyone does want or think we deserve the same deal as England then they should just log out 

It would make Rangers and Celtic both stronger as teams meaning that each team would be  stronger on the European stage. Leading to an eventual improvement in our co-efficient,

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Palace filled their stadium before this season.

They have only 'filled' their stadium on a few occasions until the last 2 or 3 seasons. The only time they could was when one of the big clubs visited. Even in the Premiership they only managed just over 3,000 for a game against Everton in 1994.

Just now, blueredandwhite said:

It would make Rangers and Celtic both stronger as teams meaning that each team would be  stronger on the European stage. Leading to an eventual improvement in our co-efficient,

Which takes me back to my earlier point about our two most successful seasons in Europe in recent years with the league and co efficient on its arse 

what sort of deal do people expect here? We need to be realistic which a lot of people aren't 

unless it's a massive increase in revenues forget it as it will only make the rest of Scottish football stronger why any Rangers fan wants this fuck me its on a par with the pricks in our support that vote snp i.e. Turkeys voting for Christmas 

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

They have only 'filled' their stadium on a few occasions until the last 2 or 3 seasons. The only time they could was when one of the big clubs visited. Even in the Premiership they only managed just over 3,000 for a game against Everton in 1994.

Spending £30 million happened this season, two seasons after they average 24,000.

27 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Just pulled the plug on a £140 pm to Sky and taken out telly,broadband,phone line and 2 multi rooms with Virgin for £65 pm.

Pull the plug on Sky because it's over priced 

not in the name of Scottish football tho 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think we deserve anything like the deal England get but we do deserve better. When the shitty wee leagues of Europe are getting more than us then something is wrong, the likes of Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc aren't exactly great leagues either. Most people on this forum would probably struggle to name the teams in their top flight without googling it.

I just think the attitude that you want the whole of Scottish football to suffer is a bit silly. Nobody is saying we need a better deal to survive or that we need Scottish football to be strong for us to survive but I certainly wouldn't be against us having some extra income.

It'll never happen though because the people in charge of our game will just take what they're given instead of holding out for more.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't think we deserve anything like the deal England get but we do deserve better. When the shitty wee leagues of Europe are getting more than us then something is wrong, the likes of Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc aren't exactly great leagues either. Most people on this forum would probably struggle to name the teams in their top flight without googling it.

I just think the attitude that you want the whole of Scottish football to suffer is a bit silly. Nobody is saying we need a better deal to survive or that we need Scottish football to be strong for us to survive but I certainly wouldn't be against us having some extra income.

It'll never happen though because the people in charge of our game will just take what they're given instead of holding out for more.

It's not silly to want Scottish football to suffer we owe them fuck-all 

they tried to get us out the game people forget 

Rangers don't need a strong Scottish football 

Scottish football needs a strong Rangers more 

I hope Scotland boycotts and they pull the plug .. mind what happened the last tv deal when we had this sense of entitlement ? Look it up, we fucked it

we are a nation of 5 million people with an absolutely dross product 

no one owes us anything