Richard Keys DR Article - Boycott Sky Sports

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Aye you can laugh, but think of how much money Sky gets from Scottish subscribers. They give us absolutely fuck all in comparison to how much revenue they get from us

Are you saying all Scottish subscribers subscribe because they have Scottish football and would leave if the dropped it?

where people live have no relevance, it's what they buy the product for that's important 

I only watch Scottish matches on Sky. I have caught the BBC's coverage of the English Championship and, to be honest, have not been overly impressed by the standard, yet they are getting transfer fees we can only dream of. Even the EPL, apart from the top half dozen or so clubs leaves a lot to be desired.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Are you saying all Scottish subscribers subscribe because they have Scottish football and would leave if the dropped it?

where people live have no relevance, it's what they buy the product for that's important 

I dare say there is a whole lot of fans in Scotland who pay for Sky Sports to watch Scottish football. Majority of them being Old Firm fans. Pouring in millions every month and they give nothing back.

I only paid Sky Sports to watch Rangers games. I realise many more will watch it for the English league but if it comes down to it, I'd rather watch Sky illegally than keep pumping millions into the English league

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I dare say there is a whole lot of fans in Scotland who pay for Sky Sports to watch Scottish football. Majority of them being Old Firm fans. Pouring in millions every month and they give nothing back.

I only paid Sky Sports to watch Rangers games. I realise many more will watch it for the English league but if it comes down to it, I'd rather watch Sky illegally than keep pumping millions into the English league

Well 'i'll put it to you another way, Sky have 12 million customers in the U.K. and Oirland. If the SPL moved exclusively to Bt sports how many customers would they lose? If the EPL moved exclusively to BT sports how many would they lose? Both products are paid what they are worth to Sky as a whole,they are in the open market

Just now, AlCapone said:

Well 'i'll put it to you another way, Sky have 12 million customers in the U.K. and Oirland. If the SPL moved exclusively to Bt sports how many customers would they lose? If the EPL moved exclusively to BT sports how many would they lose? Both products are paid what they are worth to Sky as a whole,they are in the open market

You would hope that most Scottish football fans would choose to leave, which would cost them millions of pounds every month. You're not wrong, it would all depend if fans could live without Sky. As long as homes in Scotland are paying it, then nothing will change

9 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I only watch Scottish matches on Sky. I have caught the BBC's coverage of the English Championship and, to be honest, have not been overly impressed by the standard, yet they are getting transfer fees we can only dream of. Even the EPL, apart from the top half dozen or so clubs leaves a lot to be desired.

The English Championship is a far better standard than our league. I dare say if you put any of the teams from our league, with the exception of us and the tarriers, down there for a season they would be relegated.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The English Championship is a far better standard than our league. I dare say if you put any of the teams from our league, with the exception of us and the tarriers, down there for a season they would be relegated.

:lol: record low points and highest negative goal difference ever

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

In your opinion. I have seen nothing of note; mind you I do not watch it regularly. As many loose passes and punts up the park as we had under Ally!

I've never paid for sky and never will. Whether you like it or not, Sky is a major factor why the scottish league has declined. Our own authorities are and have been shite for a long time but Sky have created their own monopoly. The useless cants in charge of our game were never able to deal with that. Sky pump the money in, the clubs buy players and sky sell subscriptions, it's a self fulfilling business model for them.

My daughters boyfriend installed kodi for me and I can get wall to wall football foc, to be perfectly honest I have watched next to nothing apart from every minute of every Rangers game, if we are not playing regardless of the "superstars" on show I will give it a miss,

1.) Scottish football is shite.  People outwith us and them whining and greeting are the same people who voted us down and cried about a reduced TV deal.

2.) The diddy teams of this country fucked that original SKY deal.  Where we would be now if they had not is anyones guess.  Richer and better off is my guess.

3.) No broadcaster is going to pay over the odds to watch Kilmarnock take 200 fans to home games.  I'm sorry but they get better from Northern Irish league football.

4.) Nobody outside of Scotland cares about Scottish football other than the us and them.  Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen can belch all they like but they are diddy teams at the end of the day.  No one cares about them unless they are playing the top dogs in this country (proof of this is 2015 and the continuous TV courage we get/got even in the part time divisions)

The quicker Rangers negotiate their way out of these crap TV deals and run their own packages the better.  I'd happily pay £5 per away match if i knew my money was going to my club and not the rest.

4 minutes ago, kanjo said:

1.) Scottish football is shite.  People outwith us and them whining and greeting are the same people who voted us down and cried about a reduced TV deal.

2.) The diddy teams of this country fucked that original SKY deal.  Where we would be now if they had not is anyones guess.  Richer and better off is my guess.

3.) No broadcaster is going to pay over the odds to watch Kilmarnock take 200 fans to home games.  I'm sorry but they get better from Northern Irish league football.

4.) Nobody outside of Scotland cares about Scottish football other than the us and them.  Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen can belch all they like but they are diddy teams at the end of the day.  No one cares about them unless they are playing the top dogs in this country (proof of this is 2015 and the continuous TV courage we get/got even in the part time divisions)

The quicker Rangers negotiate their way out of these crap TV deals and run their own packages the better.  I'd happily pay £5 per away match if i knew my money was going to my club and not the rest.

As the SFA own the fixture list, there is no way we can negotiate our own deals.

How can he work for Sky Sports and get it so arse about elbow?

I've seen Scottish football and they're paying way too much for it. That's why I've been boycotting Sky since 2012.

Actually, Scottish football should be paying for the privilege of being broadcast. There's absolutely no need to force that on the public. It's worse than living under ISIS.

British League Setup (not going to happen):

Premier League

Championship

North premiership        South league 1

North championship    South league 2

North league 1             South league 3

etc etc

so winners of the Scottish premier are promoted into the British (current English) championship. 

Tin hat on.... thoughts?! ?

11 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

I've never paid for sky and never will. Whether you like it or not, Sky is a major factor why the scottish league has declined. Our own authorities are and have been shite for a long time but Sky have created their own monopoly. The useless cants in charge of our game were never able to deal with that. Sky pump the money in, the clubs buy players and sky sell subscriptions, it's a self fulfilling business model for them.

Weird stance on Sky considering your username is a tribute to one of their most famous faces..

10 hours ago, kanjo said:

I don't think Scottish football is any worse to watch than most English games. It's all about the sex-appeal, if we had the money to fund bigger stadiums and attract better players then maybe we could start building up games the way Sky/BT do. That's the reason they get half the viewing figures, they build every single live game up to be on par with a cup final. 

A starting point would be a better TV deal but ultimately what we really need is the part-timers who only buy tickets when Rangers are in town, to start buying season-tickets and put money into their clubs. Until such times, it's going to die on it's arse, we'll be looking at crowds below 500 soon

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yep all the way bAck to farry and his chocolate biscuits, mind as bad as he was he was better than Reagan

Farry and co were incompetent. The current lot are incompetent and corrupt. 

Honestly I've never read so much pish, Scottish football is paid what it is worth. The rights are there to be bid for on an open market to ensure a fair price and that's what we get. 

stop blaming the English wealth on Sky as if they have created it, theEPL is the worlds premier football league which is why they are paid their worth to cable and satellite companies. Sky only pay them anpbout 25% of media revenues earned