A Year to the Day!!!

SuperPapac05

It was an incredible performance, an incredible result and an incredible day. A once in a lifetime result that will never be forgotten. To knock them out whilst in the league below will go down in history IMO, and the manner of it all was magnificent.

12 months on I must say, I look at it slightly differently. It's all a little bittersweet, probably down to the fact of where we are now. It was a bit of a false dawn insofar as we didn't get the job done in the final and just as bad, our season has been extremely anticlimactic at best. That result promised so much for the games and season ahead but it's not quite work out although that could be down myself and maybe some others getting a little ahead of ourselves.

Regardless, no one can ever take that away from us and it will be a result that will go down in history. Everything about it was almost fairy tale like! Once we win the league next season I will be able to enjoy it even more :pipe:

Some change in  staff   since then both on and off the field, after that display the players put their tools away and never looked anything like that as a team again, it also jagged the tims into a bit of action after coasting for a few seasons, but they are far from being the invincible unit that the press take great delight in describing them as, the bookies will be offering generous odds on us and my Grand National winnings will be lumped on.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Without the penalty shoot out please. 

Don't think I could take another one of those. 

I was absolutely sweating buckets, a nervous wreck almost turning my back every time someone stood up. It was brutal. However, the aftermath, the euphoria of winning like that, is a different level. Nothing compares to penalty wins, last day league deciders. It'as aged me, and probably all of us quite considerably but fucking hell, the joy more than makes up for the roller coaster of emotions you go through...........

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Meant nothing to me once we blew the Final.

I would like to disagree with you but you have a point; that match and the result would have meant a great deal more had we won the SC. Maybe it went on and affected us this season more than we appreciate.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I would like to disagree with you but you have a point; that match and the result would have meant a great deal more had we won the SC. Maybe it went on and affected us this season more than we appreciate.

Naw he disnae.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Naw he disnae.

To be fair that is your opinion, but to have played the semi final the way we did and not follow it up in the final, where we were favourites, took the shine off it, In its own right I think it was a special game, and that first half will live long in the memory, but not taking the final after playing like that was an anti climax. That team proved how good it could be, and it didn't follow it up when it really needed to.

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Beating them meant nothing to you!

So the next league meeting will meaning nothing either?

Always means something playing those soap dodgers.

You give them too much significance it was a step to the Final where we ultimately failed it was a let down for me.

29 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I was absolutely sweating buckets, a nervous wreck almost turning my back every time someone stood up. It was brutal. However, the aftermath, the euphoria of winning like that, is a different level. Nothing compares to penalty wins, last day league deciders. It'as aged me, and probably all of us quite considerably but fucking hell, the joy more than makes up for the roller coaster of emotions you go through...........

Best high in the world, but the opposite is just too low. ??

12 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

Nothing to fear against them we have all the mountenum having a new manager in and everyone trying to earn their right to stay at the club and impress Pedro.

Our midfield is also playing a lot better, and that is crucial in this match. We have a good chance of winning it.