Nalla1959

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

The king brigade must feel a duty to defend him after today's humiliation, in his position becoming untenable.

Well it is and he WILL be off soon enough. Just a pity won't be to prison, but a good shredding that will hopefully cost him a personal fortune that I'm sure he hasn't got. A wee arrest warrant for default wouldn't be amiss for that lying bastard.

You can't blame King for the shortcomings on the park.  Warburton was the manager and he is responsible for the current state of our squad.  King gave Warburton plenty of funds to build a team but he simply wasn't up to it.

47 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You can't blame King for the shortcomings on the park.  Warburton was the manager and he is responsible for the current state of our squad.  King gave Warburton plenty of funds to build a team but he simply wasn't up to it.

He gave Warburton funds to build a team capable of finishing 3rd which he got, he didn't give him anywhere close to a budget to compete for the league. 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

He gave Warburton funds to build a team capable of finishing 3rd which he got, he didn't give him anywhere close to a budget to compete for the league. 

He gave him the funds to build a team capable of finishing second. Warburton and McParland instead used that on a haphazard group of signings that didn't fit Warburton's style of play, or the recruitment policy he banged on about a year earlier. That's why we're finishing third. 

Aberdeen aren't a particularly good team, and they spend far less than we do. With the money available to them, Warburton and McParland should have been able to recruit players capable of finishing second. They used that budget poorly, and Warburton wasn't a good enough manager to make use of what he'd assembled.  

5 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

He gave him the funds to build a team capable of finishing second. Warburton and McParland instead used that on a haphazard group of signings that didn't fit Warburton's style of play, or the recruitment policy he banged on about a year earlier. That's why we're finishing third. 

Aberdeen aren't a particularly good team, and they spend far less than we do. With the money available to them, Warburton and McParland should have been able to recruit players capable of finishing second. They used that budget poorly, and Warburton wasn't a good enough manager to make use of what he'd assembled.  

2nd, 3rd who cares, the fact is he didn't give Warburton a budget big enough to even come close to Celtic, which is is the issue. His stupid 3 year plan was a soundbyte and he lied to us all. 

Just now, WGOH said:

2nd, 3rd who cares, the fact is he didn't give Warburton a budget big enough to even come close to Celtic, which is is the issue. His stupid 3 year plan was a soundbyte and he lied to us all. 

He could have given Warburton £30 million and we'd still be where we are as Warburton was in over his head, and all three of that team were touting themselves for jobs down south. 

King didn't invest enough; Warburton wouldn't have known what to do with it if he had. It's a failure at both boardroom and management level. 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

So it's not Warburton's fault that he himself and his genius scout guy bought shite players?

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

So it's not Warburton's fault that he himself and his genius scout guy bought shite players?

Tell me where I said Warburton was exempt from blame? It's as much his fault as King's but the issue is the budget he was given. Not many managers in the world could have got us close to Celtic with that amount of bargain basement signings. 

People will come out with the excuse that Warburton supposedly got all of the signings he wanted, but let's be real, do you honestly think his first choice central defenders were Kiernan and Wilson? Or that he really wanted 2 Accrington players for 100k and a right back from MK Dons. Maybe he did, who knows, it was as much his fault as King's for the failings this season but the fact is that King hasn't produced a budget close to a title challenging one. 

6 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

He could have given Warburton £30 million and we'd still be where we are as Warburton was in over his head, and all three of that team were touting themselves for jobs down south. 

King didn't invest enough; Warburton wouldn't have known what to do with it if he had. It's a failure at both boardroom and management level. 

Yes that is fair enough Warburton did fail big time in the transfer market, but we're talking about the money that was available and it plain and simply wasn't enough. 

They had a 4m pound centre back and a 4m pound winger today. We had 2 centre backs we signed from Championship clubs - it showed today and that's the difference and why we will be chasing them for years unless something major happens.

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Tell me where I said Warburton was exempt from blame? It's as much his fault as King's but the issue is the budget he was given. Not many managers in the world could have got us close to Celtic with that amount of bargain basement signings. 

People will come out with the excuse that Warburton supposedly got all of the signings he wanted, but let's be real, do you honestly think his first choice central defenders were Kiernan and Wilson? Or that he really wanted 2 Accrington players for 100k and a right back from MK Dons. Maybe he did, who knows, it was as much his fault as King's for the failings this season but the fact is that King hasn't produced a budget close to a title challenging one. 

He talked and talked and made out that he knew what he was doing. Probably started believing his own press, and trusty McParland's advice as well.

The guy was clueless, and look where he's left us. A manager with a spine would have gone out saying something like, "I want this and that and I need it tomorrow. If not, I'm fucking out of here. Your Move Dave."

He just took his salary, pissed around for a while then disappeared into the ether. With barely a whimper.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Yes that is fair enough Warburton did fail big time in the transfer market, but we're talking about the money that was available and it plain and simply wasn't enough. 

They had a 4m pound centre back and a 4m pound winger today. We had 2 centre backs we signed from Championship clubs - it showed today and that's the difference and why we will be chasing them for years unless something major happens.

The difference in class is there to see, but I don't blame King for refusing to back Warburton in January, given his pish transfer record. 

But it's worrying that we didn't bin him at that point. It suggests they were waiting on compensation for him or an offer to waive the compensation, as they'd known for a year that Warburton wanted to go down south. So we either didn't want to pay a severance package, but did allow the manager a large degree of control over how we spent our budget last summer, even when we knew he was making enquiries down south. 

I agreed with King's criticism of last summer's recruitment, but he must have seen those warning signs at the time. So the board have to accept their part of the blame. Especially now that we're saddled with players that we either won't be able to sell, or who won't want to go as we're paying them more than anyone else would based on their performances. 

What's Mike Astley holding us back with 8 million potentially a season from merchandise. I'm sorry but that is only 2 quality players. We need someone who has financial power to invest upto 35 million in squad. This will then allow us to challenge and once entry gained to group stage of champions league they have instantly made there money back and then we would only rely on strengthening. 

30 minutes ago, craigfeguson said:

What's Mike Astley holding us back with 8 million potentially a season from merchandise. I'm sorry but that is only 2 quality players. We need someone who has financial power to invest upto 35 million in squad. This will then allow us to challenge and once entry gained to group stage of champions league they have instantly made there money back and then we would only rely on strengthening. 

8mill a season from merch.  ????

Do folk actually believe that rubbish. 

19 hours ago, Nalla1959 said:

Today I watched a Rangers team taken apart by Celtic and witnessed our support being humiliated by this team. Our support has been patient but we need major investment this season for both on the park and also the infrastructure of our club. Mr King if you cannot do this then sell the club to someone who can do it. The only reason you I believe passed the fit and proper test for this spfl cabal was because they new you had no money and so the embarrassment continues. I am no fan of Mike Ashley but he appears to be the only person at the moment who has the financial clout to turn this round immediately. Mr King for the sake of this support who have suffered now for six years go to him and beg for the money or better still find a way to sell to him because believe me he has the finances to bury Celtic forever if he chooses to do so. As a Rangers supporter I really don't care about little groups of supporters disliking Ashley or fleecing our great club I want my team to compete again. Mr King under you this embarrassment will go on way past 10 in a row. Mr King get the cash now or go.

I despair I really do. The ONLY positive thing king has done for this club is rid it of Ashley and his leaches and you want him to do a u turn and invite him to take control again? The contempt I have for that fat bastard is only reserved for a very select few of god's creatures due to the lasting damage he's done to Rangers. Of all the unsavoury characters who've disabled our club over the years I'd rate that disgusting wretch right at the very top of the list. How anyone with our best interest at heart would welcome him back here is totally beyond me.

11 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

I despair I really do. The ONLY positive thing king has done for this club is rid it of Ashley and his leaches and you want him to do a u turn and invite him to take control again? The contempt I have for that fat bastard is only reserved for a very select few of god's creatures due to the lasting damage he's done to Rangers. Of all the unsavoury characters who've disabled our club over the years I'd rate that disgusting wretch right at the very top of the list. How anyone with our best interest at heart would welcome him back here is totally beyond me.

Then he leeches off us himself for me I can't see a positive. Two years in living off loans some that can be called in at any time, no way to run a club.

1 hour ago, craigfeguson said:

Absolute nonsense. Celtic average just over half of that. There's no way in the world we could ever double what they do. 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Then he leeches off us himself for me I can't see a positive. Two years in living off loans some that can be called in at any time, no way to run a club.

Don't think you could interpret my reply as a defence of king in any way . I said the only positive thing he's done is rid us of Ashley whom I consider to be by far the worst of the two evils.

7 hours ago, WGOH said:

He was given a budget double the size of the sheep yet we trail them by 9 points. They have not spent any money on transfers for the last few years.

With the budget he was given it should really have come down to the old firm games.

Instead it has been wasted on the likes of garner and o'halloran. Yesterday up front we had Miller, Garner and Waghorn whilst they had Dembele, Sinclair and Roberts the latter two who are comfortable coming in from the wings. Garner is comfortable in a fight and Waghorn in a chippy. Its not about money either its about buying players for the correct positions.

God knows what will happen end of June when we are due to kick off in Europe. Hyndman and Toral will be off with Miller and Hill being out of contract. Exactly who is responsible for sanctioning new deals for them? I don't think it will be the manager so then who is going to make the call. It takes time to get decent players in and if you look at the shambles which is now hearts after they brought in near enough an entire team in 4 weeks in January. We could be out of Europe before we have signed a player. I really hope I am wrong but I have no idea who will be responsible for setting the budget for the coming season.

49 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Don't think you could interpret my reply as a defence of king in any way . I said the only positive thing he's done is rid us of Ashley whom I consider to be by far the worst of the two evils.

I see King as the guy who will bring us down the debt he's accumulating now will never be sustainable or paid back by him or this board

34 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He was given a budget double the size of the sheep yet we trail them by 9 points. They have not spent any money on transfers for the last few years.

With the budget he was given it should really have come down to the old firm games.

Instead it has been wasted on the likes of garner and o'halloran. Yesterday up front we had Miller, Garner and Waghorn whilst they had Dembele, Sinclair and Roberts the latter two who are comfortable coming in from the wings. Garner is comfortable in a fight and Waghorn in a chippy. Its not about money either its about buying players for the correct positions.

God knows what will happen end of June when we are due to kick off in Europe. Hyndman and Toral will be off with Miller and Hill being out of contract. Exactly who is responsible for sanctioning new deals for them? I don't think it will be the manager so then who is going to make the call. It takes time to get decent players in and if you look at the shambles which is now hearts after they brought in near enough an entire team in 4 weeks in January. We could be out of Europe before we have signed a player. I really hope I am wrong but I have no idea who will be responsible for setting the budget for the coming season.

Your argument is false; yes, logically, if Rangers have twice the budget of another team then, on paper, they should do better, but the reality has proved how false such an argument is in practice. If Rangers do not get a budget that challenges for the title then that means the team has players in it who are not good enough to play for the club. How do you aim for second; which league in any league in the world has a team playing for any particular position other than trying to win it, or prevent themselves from being relegated? It is a fallacy that you sign players to gain second and I suspect there has never been a Rangers team in all the club's history that went out to gain second; because it is not possible. Your argument even sets up the situation of what happens when you sign players who are not the best, in your following paragraphs. I was a Warburton fan, and as a Rangers manager he should have been backed to win this league; otherwise, what is the point? The club should always be trying to sign the best players in this division; not for Second, but to be First. You cannot play to be Second, it is not possible.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You're argument is false; yes, logically if Rangers have twice the budget of another team then, on paper, they should do better, but the reality has proved how false such an argument is in practice. If Rangers do not get a budget that challenges for the title then that means the team has players in who are not good enough to play for the club. How do you aim for second; which league in any league in the world has a team playing for any particular position other than trying to win it, or prevent themselves from being relegated? It is a fallacy that you sign players to gain secon and I suspect there has never been a Rangers team in all the club's history that went out to gain second; because it is not possible. Your argument even sets up the situation of what happens when you sign players who are not the best in your following paragraphs. I was a Warburton fan, and as a Rangers manager he should have been backed to win this league. Otherwise what is the point? The club should always be trying to sign the best players in this division; not for Second, but to be first. You cannot play to be second, it is not possible.

Far too much sense in that for in here.

24 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Aberdeen have built their team over a few seasons we needed the Promised investment to compete from where we were, the money Warburton got was a fucking joke.

20 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Mike Ashley was giving us just enough rope to hang ourselves with.  A few million and if we don't pay it back he gets the logos.  He would've taken the training ground and the stadium from this club.  He doesn't give a fuck about Rangers he wanted to use the club to grow his Sports Direct business.

King has the clubs best interests at heart.  He's  putting money in but sadly it's not all being spent on the playing squad.  Money is needed to repair the damage left by previous owners who brought the club to its knees.  King gave money to Warburton but he pished it all away on shite and left us in a sorry state which Pedro now needs to fix during the summer.

Blaming the current board for the mess we're in is wide of the mark.

This is terrifying.

People actually believe this is the case.