Nalla1959

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Don't think you could interpret my reply as a defence of king in any way . I said the only positive thing he's done is rid us of Ashley whom I consider to be by far the worst of the two evils.

How the fuck has he rid us of Ashley. You do realise SD have a court action against us for breach contract that a high court judge has allowed to preceed. If we lose and in all probability we will on looking at the application proceedings, we could be facing admin2 if the damages are of a magnitude that we cannot afford and at the minute, we are still in the red.

Mr mendacious may have just handed mash the keys by his irresponsible and incompetent actions.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It is seriously worryingly just how uninformed a section of our support are. 

A little point for you all, SOS are a shower of lying bastards and their leader Sloth is the biggest lying bastard of them all. ??

That's the thing the fans are all over the place.

we have sections blaming everything on previous boards, Ashley and have some tearing into the current ones with the lack of investment based on previous promises and then ones who don't know what to think given the clusterfuck we have been in these past 5 years. 

We will never unite because the divide is too far spread now and we have folk like SOS spouting utter shite to brainwash their followers. 

It's painful to watch really that all of this is going on and you look on the park and we are getting owned by those cunts while those in charge of us give not one single fuck. 

££££ is king here, quite apt as he hasn't got/or give us a fucking penny. 

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Aberdeen have built their team over a few seasons we needed the Promised investment to compete from where we were, the money Warburton got was a fucking joke.

I think we know the funds that King promised are bullshit and his last argument that it included loans etc to take it to something like 18m is laughable. My gripe is the state that Warburton has left us in with the budget he was given. Most people are off the opinion that most of the team should be binned.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's the thing the fans are all over the place.

we have sections blaming everything on previous boards, Ashley and have some tearing into the current ones with the lack of investment based on previous promises and then ones who don't know what to think given the clusterfuck we have been in these past 5 years. 

We will never unite because the divide is too far spread now and we have folk like SOS spouting utter shite to brainwash their followers. 

It's painful to watch really that all of this is going on and you look on the park and we are getting owned by those cunts while those in charge of us give not one single fuck. 

££££ is king here, quite apt as he hasn't got/or give us a fucking penny. 

Absolute shambles mate from top to bottom, and I can't see how anything will change or who will make those changes needed. 

Listening to those scum singing 10 in a row yesterday with my blood boiling and thinking it has every chance of happening because we aren't even close to doing anything to stop them. 

Was Dave "I don't want the job" King there yesterday? 

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I think we know the funds that King promised are bullshit and his last argument that it included loans etc to take it to something like 18m is laughable. My gripe is the state that Warburton has left us in with the budget he was given. Most people are off the opinion that most of the team should be binned.

They were good enough to get us here but not good enough to compete in this league. 

36 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Your argument is false; yes, logically, if Rangers have twice the budget of another team then, on paper, they should do better, but the reality has proved how false such an argument is in practice. If Rangers do not get a budget that challenges for the title then that means the team has players in it who are not good enough to play for the club. How do you aim for second; which league in any league in the world has a team playing for any particular position other than trying to win it, or prevent themselves from being relegated? It is a fallacy that you sign players to gain second and I suspect there has never been a Rangers team in all the club's history that went out to gain second; because it is not possible. Your argument even sets up the situation of what happens when you sign players who are not the best, in your following paragraphs. I was a Warburton fan, and as a Rangers manager he should have been backed to win this league; otherwise, what is the point? The club should always be trying to sign the best players in this division; not for Second, but to be First. You cannot play to be Second, it is not possible.

You look at leagues throughout Europe and it is not always the team with the biggest budget which is first. If you look at Chelsea they have about 90% of the wages of Man City and spent about 120m(net) less than them this year yet they are top. The reality has shown us that Warburton is tactically inept and not up to the job of managing our club. On the whole his signings have been brutal with very few showing improvement on the park and in value. If we where to turn back the clock and another manager was appointed instead of warburton we could have won the league. Would anyone else have signed the same players? spent 1.5 million on a striker that does not score. With the budget we have we should be horsing every team and it coming down to the head to head with them....then it would come down to bottle. Hindsight is a great thing but we should have appointed a proven winner to the Worlds most successful club because Warburton certainly is not.

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

How the fuck has he rid us of Ashley. You do realise SD have a court action against us for breach contract that a high court judge has allowed to preceed. If we lose and in all probability we will on looking at the application proceedings, we could be facing admin2 if the damages are of a magnitude that we cannot afford and at the minute, we are still in the red.

Mr mendacious may have just handed mash the keys by his irresponsible and incompetent actions.

Again not defending King in any way shape or form but I will credit him with ousting that fat parasitic bastard from our club. You can decide for yourself who you'd prefer at the helm but what's not in doubt is the fact no matter who came in they would end up in a court room with Ashley as a consequence of gaining control. 

You've also mentioned a few if's, coulds, and may have's in you're legal argument of things that are yet to happen. Nobody has any way of knowing how things will pan out. It's already looking like a dark picture so for fucks sake don't make it any worse by making assumptions.

24 minutes ago, gj923 said:

You look at leagues throughout Europe and it is not always the team with the biggest budget which is first. If you look at Chelsea they have about 90% of the wages of Man City and spent about 120m(net) less than them this year yet they are top. The reality has shown us that Warburton is tactically inept and not up to the job of managing our club. On the whole his signings have been brutal with very few showing improvement on the park and in value. If we where to turn back the clock and another manager was appointed instead of warburton we could have won the league. Would anyone else have signed the same players? spent 1.5 million on a striker that does not score. With the budget we have we should be horsing every team and it coming down to the head to head with them....then it would come down to bottle. Hindsight is a great thing but we should have appointed a proven winner to the Worlds most successful club because Warburton certainly is not.

Supposing all that is true about Warburton, why was he appointed in the first place?- I saw the appointment as a long term proposition, and the club looking more to Auchenhowie to bring on players, building on Warburton's reputation for bringing on players. I also understood, and it was widely acknowledged at the time, that there would be no easy fix; that Warburton would be given time by the club and fans alike- his budget made sense in that respect. You're right about the signings, but those signings were on a budget that only appeared to reflect the lack of ambition of this board; the Chairman himself said he would hope for second. My argument is that you cannot go for second; had Mr King said that we're hoping to consolidate ourselves in the top league and then build on that, then I would have appreciated that. You also hint at something in some good points you make, and that is when we spend 1.5/8 million on a striker in the kind of manner we signed him, the possibility is that he is not going be a good signing, and inevitably cost us money. Unless we try and sign the best players, in all likelihood the players we do sign will depreciate in value; there is a strong possibility that this will be the case already with a few of the players we have signed. When we got rid of Warburton my own view of the situation changed radically, because if the club are not dedicated to a long term view, and allow a manager on an inferior budget to stand alone and carry the can, then, for me personally, the short term becomes the objective. We need a budget, a manager, and an infrastructure at the club that brings immediate success; the frustration that came the way of Warburton from the fans reflected that this club cannot operate in such a long term objective. Anything else, other than aiming for first, is unacceptable, in my view.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It is seriously worrying just how uninformed a section of our support are. 

A little point for you all, SOS are a shower of lying bastards and their leader Sloth is the biggest lying bastard of them all. ??

Could not have said it better time alot of oor fans wake up

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Supposing all that is true about Warburton, why was he appointed in the first place?- I saw the appointment as a long term proposition, and the club looking more to Auchenhowie to bring on players, building on Warburton's reputation for bringing on players. I also understood, and it was widely acknowledged at the time, that there would be no easy fix; that Warburton would be given time by the club and fans alike- his budget made sense in that respect. You're right about the signings, but those signings were on a budget that only appeared to reflect the lack of ambition of this board; the Chairman himself said he would hope for second. My argument is that you cannot go for second; had Mr King said that we're hoping to consolidate ourselves in the top league and then build on that, then I would have appreciated that. You also hint at something in some good points you make, and that is when we spend 1.5/8 million on a striker in the kind of manner we signed him, the possibility is that he is not going be a good signing, and inevitably cost us money. Unless we try and sign the best players, in all likelihood the players we do sign will depreciate in value; there is a strong possibility that this will be the case already with a few of the players we have signed. When we got rid of Warburton my own view of the situation changed radically, because if the club are not dedicated to a long term view, and allow a manager on an inferior budget to stand alone and carry the can, then, for me personally, the short term becomes the objective. We need a budget, a manager, and an infrastructure at the club that brings immediate success; the frustration that came the way of Warburton from the fans reflected that this club cannot operate in such a long term objective. Anything else, other than aiming for first, is unacceptable, in my view.

The problem with the appointment was that within a few months Warburton was touting himself for jobs down south, and didn't seem committed to being here long term. That itself wasn't a worry for me, but his recruitment this summer was. Rossiter, Dodoo, Crooks and Windass fit the policy he talked about last year; Barton fit the bill as an experienced leader in the midfield, and one who wanted to win something at that. 

But the central defenders we brought in weren't an improvement on what we had, we brought in a second rate striker for a lot of money and rather than address the issue of a lack of leadership we instead brought in a group of journeymen. I could have just about stomached this season if it was just a case of guys like Rossiter, Dodoo, Windass etc adjusting to this level, but those players either barely got a look in or were injured. The youth development aspect didn't kick in until Murty and Pedro respectively. 

Playing devil's advocate, it wasn't a secret that Warburton wanted to use us to get a better job down south than what we had. Mayhaps he sped that process up when he realised he wasn't going to get the budget he expected last January and last summer. It doesn't explain away the dross recruitment, but it would explain why all of the management team were looking to jump ship. 

Regardless of why, we're now left with an expensive group of players to shift, and that'll present further problems next year. 

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

The problem with the appointment was that within a few months Warburton was touting himself for jobs down south, and didn't seem committed to being here long term. That itself wasn't a worry for me, but his recruitment this summer was. Rossiter, Dodoo, Crooks and Windass fit the policy he talked about last year; Barton fit the bill as an experienced leader in the midfield, and one who wanted to win something at that. 

But the central defenders we brought in weren't an improvement on what we had, we brought in a second rate striker for a lot of money and rather than address the issue of a lack of leadership we instead brought in a group of journeymen. I could have just about stomached this season if it was just a case of guys like Rossiter, Dodoo, Windass etc adjusting to this level, but those players either barely got a look in or were injured. The youth development aspect didn't kick in until Murty and Pedro respectively. 

Playing devil's advocate, it wasn't a secret that Warburton wanted to use us to get a better job down south than what we had. Mayhaps he sped that process up when he realised he wasn't going to get the budget he expected last January and last summer. It doesn't explain away the dross recruitment, but it would explain why all of the management team were looking to jump ship. 

Regardless of why, we're now left with an expensive group of players to shift, and that'll present further problems next year. 

I firmly believe that had we backed Warburton up in every possible way he would have had a more than equal chance of success here- if we went for a long term option, and co-ordinated with ambitious signings for the first team who's value was more likely to appreciate. It became apparent in the summer of last year that the signings were more expedient and less ambitious than his first season, and that is possibly why he appeared to become disillusioned.  I don't know, but was he backed as much he hoped or thought he would be? 

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I firmly believe that had we backed Warburton up in every possible way he would have had a more than equal chance of success here- if we went for a long term option, and co-ordinated with ambitious signings for the first team who's value was more likely to appreciate. It became apparent in the summer of last year that the signings were more expedient and less ambitious than his first season, and that is possibly why he appeared to become disillusioned.  I don't know, but was he backed as much he hoped or thought he would be? 

He wasn't helped by the lack of infrastructure either, given the lack of a scouting department. He was used to either being a sporting director or head coach, and was effectively acting as manager & chief scout. King seems to disagree that Warburton wanted a director of football in, but the warning signs were there, in hindsight, that he took on more than he'd anticipated when he joined us. 

I don't think Warburton used the budget he was given wisely though, so I'm not gutted that he wasn't given double that - as I'm not entirely convinced he'd have used it well. 

More importantly, for me, is that at no point did it seem like Warburton really got that losing isn't acceptable. He's coming across that way again at Nottingham, and that sort of attitude was passed onto his players, and reflected in his recruitment. Look at them last night, ffs. Warburton didn't get it and never would have, and he didn't bring in players who hated losing - apart from one, and he lasted a handful of games before getting suspended...

5 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

He wasn't helped by the lack of infrastructure either, given the lack of a scouting department. He was used to either being a sporting director or head coach, and was effectively acting as manager & chief scout. King seems to disagree that Warburton wanted a director of football in, but the warning signs were there, in hindsight, that he took on more than he'd anticipated when he joined us. 

I don't think Warburton used the budget he was given wisely though, so I'm not gutted that he wasn't given double that - as I'm not entirely convinced he'd have used it well. 

We will never know the answer to the last part, but your earlier points are interesting, and most likely true. Like him or not Warburton has a vision, he believes in a football ethos, a "philosophy" tends to be the grandiose term being used more often these days. This club needs a vision- a narrative that says "we are going 'that' way, and we will not stop till we get there"; I thought in that first year of Warburton's time it had one, but with his departure, the events leading up to it, and the manner of it I now realise that I for one was naive. The board needs to prove it has the ability to bring success to this club, and quickly. I'm not sure whether it can or not.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

We will never know the answer to the last part, but your earlier points are interesting, and most likely true. Like him or not Warburton has a vision, he believes in a football ethos, a "philosophy" tends to be the grandiose term being used more often these days. This club needs a vision; I thought in that first year of Warburton's time it had one, but with his departure, the events leading up to it, and the manner of it I now realise that I for one was naive. The board needs to prove it has the ability to bring success to this club, and quickly. I'm not sure whether it can or not.

I think he could have done with someone like John Greig as an advisor. Not for the football side of things as such, but someone there to imprint on him that Rangers don't accept losing. Though, in fairness to the board (:lol:), you'd have expected one of our celebrated captains of recent years to have gotten that across to Warburton, or taken it upon himself to step up and get it across to the players himself. 

I'm honestly at a loss as to what Weir's strengths as a coach are. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

I think he could have done with someone like John Greig as an advisor. Not for the football side of things as such, but someone there to imprint on him that Rangers don't accept losing. Though, in fairness to the board (:lol:), you'd have expected one of our celebrated captains of recent years to have gotten that across to Warburton, or taken it upon himself to step up and get it across to the players himself. 

I'm honestly at a loss as to what Weir's strengths as a coach are. 

David Weir must know about football; I'd be surprised if Warburton liked him if he didn't. I personally think Warburton will do a good job at Forest, and if he is given proper backing it will place more emphasis on his time here.

King gave Warburton a big enough budget too have walked second place unfortunately Warburton spunked all the money on what he thought in his own words "could add value"  The only player that the fuckin imposter slap head  signed that really could go and play at a higher level and  command a higher wage was his marque signing Barton 

like or loathe Barton  was experienced and streetwise too know that he was surrounded by players that didn't have his ability or desire  . I believe Barton worked his ticket too get out of the cluster fuck Warburton created .

King not gong too invest more unless the wage bill is reduced we've seen that in the last transfer window 

16 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

David Weir must know about football; I'd be surprised if Warburton liked him if he didn't. I personally think Warburton will do a good job at Forest, and if he is given proper backing it will place more emphasis on his time here.

I can't agree, as doing a good job at Forest isn't the same. Losing a few games or drawing a few at Forest is acceptable; it isn't at Rangers. And at no point did Warburton ever show signs he understood that. Warburton finishing 6th with Forest would be considered a successful season, but that won't make me think he deserved another season with us. 

Warburton is relatively inexperienced as a head coach/manager, and for his own development he may have needed to be sacked by us to understand that in certain jobs winning is paramount above all else. 

2 minutes ago, the drummer said:

I think as soon as King can offload his  shares   at a profit he will be back in South Africa with the darkies living out his days telling them how he saved the Rangers .

I Heard they have the highest murder rate in the world in South Africa I'm hoping he might become part of that statistic