Kyle Lafferty

Rambo1872

Would you have Lafferty back?  

511 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Lafferty back?

In an ideal world no. In our current world yes and I'd get right behind him at every opportunity. I don't see us getting anyone better as I don't see us spending cash and the dent to my pride would be less signing Lafferty and stopping Celtic than it would be to see Celtic steamroll on ahead. I realise signing Lafferty doesn't guarantee that but he's done well at International level, our team and league are not the greatest and he knows Scottish football so I believe he would do well. I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen actually as his agent will clearly be knocking on the clubs door... provided he's not too expensive. 

When fit he got gametime and popped up with important goals in a vastly superior team to the one we have now.

If he does sign and he puts in effort and our fans just give him a hard time then I think we need to realise this isn't actually helping anyone but the enemy.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He left of his own choice then moaned about the football hatred in Glasgow. This continual looking backwards when things aren't going well pisses me off. He was fortunate to play for us once. Never good enough to sign for us twice.

I'd give ANY of our youths/loans a game ahead of signing him.

He's been poor at club level.

I think he's better than what we have currently but I hate reading that off people.

It should be that they are good enough for us, good enough to take us where we want to be, the best signing we can make for whatever value. Not "he's better than what we have". Being a bit better than shite won't get us anywhere quickly.

Plus he's a wanker.

He would be a massive improvement on the standard of player we currently have and would be in our price range  Alan Hutton will also be free in summer I would take him too! Strong rumours down my way in Ayrshire that Naismith wants to come back too  his wife Moyà wants kids to be brought up back in stewarton watch this space! 

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

He would be a massive improvement on the standard of player we currently have and would be in our price range  Alan Hutton will also be free in summer I would take him too! Strong rumours down my way in Ayrshire that Naismith wants to come back too  his wife Moyà wants kids to be brought up back in stewarton watch this space! 

Yep, heard both him and Dorrans are being released. And both players agents are talking to us 

apparently Naisy's missus is a dentist and wants to set up a practice in Ayrshire. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yep, heard both him and Dorrans are being released. And both players agents are talking to us 

apparently Naisy's missus is a dentist and wants to set up a practice in Ayrshire. 

I could suffer Lafferty coming back but not that sewer rat Naismith or his press conference associate Whittaker. Worst cunts.

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Based on what? He's barely kicked a ball at club level for years, and part of that is because his managers haven't been impressed with his attitude in training of effort in games. He shouldn't be judged on his Norn performances, as we already know that Lafferty can turn up for six games a season - the problem with him was that he was inconsistent throughout the rest of the season, and by and large was a fanny. That hasn't changed. 

Out of those you mentioned, I'd only take back Hutton. Hutton didn't even want to go in the first place, and didn't call a press conference to put the boot into us. Whereas Naismith did that then complained a few years later that he can't come to Ibrox to watch us as he's not welcome. Only time I want to see Naismith back at Ibrox is as an opposition player getting booted up and down the pitch.