511 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Lafferty back?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We are desperate, tbf.

True. It's just a bitter pill to swallow. We need guys that want to play for Rangers and win, and it's hard to believe we'd get that dedication from Naismith or Lafferty. 

Plus both have been shite domestically, bar the odd game here or there. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Just ignore all our strikers have scored more goals this season than he has in three :sarcasm:

Compare how many games our strikers have played in comparison to do so.

Doesnt matter how blinkered you are lafferty is an international striker of better ability and stature than any striker we have apart from a 37 year old miller.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Doesnt matter how blinkered you are lafferty is an international striker of better ability and stature than any striker we have apart from a 37 year old miller.

He's awful, always has been, always will be.

My bit concern bringing back players like Naismith etc is that they would become (correctly) targets for abuse and criticism every time results or form went the wrong way. They would be the main scapegoats due to their absolute shitebaggery in a previous life.

Based on his previous time here I'm not sure that Lafferty would have the broad shoulders to handle it and keep going when the chips are down.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Lafferty has turned up for Norn as they've been big games for the nation. He's always been capable of doing a turn during a title run-in and looking like a player. But he's never been consistent, and he's barely kicked a ball at club level in years. 

He's a risky signing. There's got to be questions over his commitment as well as his work rate, and we can't afford any more passengers. If we'd brought him in on loan and he'd produced the goods, fair enough. But there are too many question marks over what would be an unpopular signing - one on big wages, at that. 

13 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Lafferty is leaving Norwich City in the summer and has been dropping hints that he wants a return to Ibrox. Would you welcome him back?

He can drop £100 notes my way and the only time I want to see him at Ibrox is doing non-paid charity and as a paying customer.

If he or any of the other mercenaries are re-signed it better be announced with something akin to "He's doing it for Morton wages cause he has unfinished business" or I expect a revolt from the fans as a matter of pride and principle.

I think I've covered all the suitable exceptions to the rule of "He's dead to me", feel free to correct me.

Cunt made a mint out of this club, thought his shit didn't stink, turned up for hof a dozen games over how many seasons and we still don't know what his position is, is it wide left, left forward, left leaning against the gutter?!

Let's look at it another way; imagine we signed Lafferty, then next season went the same direction as this season (Hypothetically speaking, of course) and we finished second or third, trailed them by 30+ points, didn't even reach a cup final, etc.

Can you imagine the backlash Lafferty would receive? Thinking about it, the only way I can imagine this season being any worse would be a shower of bitterness and disdain directed towards one of the traitors, had we been so fucking stupid to accept their return.

Returning to the past for Lafferty as a means of propelling to a future of winning title 55 seems to me to be a stretch of hope, faith, optimism, etc that I cannot see Pedro looking to pursue.   For a start the 10 second response thingy Pedro was on about today would not (I think) be likely to be something Lafferty could aspire to these days........even if the current squad seem to be having difficulty with it.

Would not be surprised if Pedro will want to bring in his own preferred replacement striker(s).   The question will be - will King and the Board back the funds to get them.

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Said on another thread that Rangers legends such as Baxter, Johnston, Stein and Johnstone all came back for a second spell and it never worked.  Absolute cunts coming back are less likely to be successful.  

Not to mention his first spell wasn't even successful 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just ignore all our strikers have scored more goals this season than he has in three :sarcasm:

With the exception of Miller our strikers are pretty poor,  If we can get a better striker for the same wages who is better than Lafferty then we should go for it. 

I just don't think we should rule anyone out at this stage especially a better striker than the options of Garner or Waghorn who are duds. 

Lafferty the player...id have on a free

Lafferty the man....can get to fuck away from Ibrox and never return

He's seen an interview chance and has put his name in the mix since we're depeserate 

Will look appealing to King. A 29 year old international who's been playing down south.