Rambo1872

Would you have Lafferty back?  

511 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Lafferty back?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no-way. He made his bed he can lie in it.

I didn't think he was as bad as everyone made out first time round as it happens. He was a useful big cunt but have him back? no chance. That applies to the others too they can get fucked.

Time is a great healer for some of the Rangers support. I knew some would mellow over time which makes me feel sick aswell. 

1 hour ago, WGOH said:

When u consider we paid nearly £4m, it wasn't really 

I don't think this is valid, it's not the players fault we paid that amount that's our fault for paying it. 

It's like flo, I think he did a good job for us but was he worth 12m? No. Sadly people held this against him - wasn't his fault.

35 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't think this is valid, it's not the players fault we paid that amount that's our fault for paying it. 

It's like flo, I think he did a good job for us but was he worth 12m? No. Sadly people held this against him - wasn't his fault.

It may not be his fault, but you'd expect a lot more from a 4m player would you not? 

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

It may not be his fault, but you'd expect a lot more from a 4m player would you not? 

Of course, but like I said, it is our fault for paying that price not the players fault - this is nothing to do with him and therefore should not be used in judging him as a;; it really does is allow us to judge ourselves regarding transfer business. Poor or otherwise.

43 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

From what I've seen, I think he seems to have improved a little since he left. I think he'd probably score plenty of goals if he returned.

Still wouldn't be thrilled about it, though.

Just going by his stats I'd say he's considerably worse now than he was when he was here.

17 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Just going by his stats I'd say he's considerably worse now than he was when he was here.

His stats haven't been great, but he's also been playing at a higher level; and not consistently playing.

If you find some footage of him recently, I think you'll agree he looks an improved player.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Any of that gang get brought back will see me not attending until they're gone....Fuck sake why dredge this up when it's common knowledge that they are all hated fucking traitors?

As I've said for a while people's opinions are valid but beggars can't be choosers. 

Would lefferty be an improvement based only on talent, of course he would.

Would all the bitter fans cheer if he scored a winner against Celtic or anyone for that matter, of course they would.

As a free agent is it a good move, I'm our situation and circumstances yes. 

Whats the negative, people view h as a cunt. Well know what I couldn't care if we have 11 cunts on the pitch as long as we are winning.

And to all the "I'll not be back if he signs" brigade. Good, your seat will be filled quick enough.

Rangers need a successful team not a split fan base.

Putting aside the fact that there are thousands of available footballers who haven't turned their back on us in our time of need, Lafferty was average at most, in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not ignorant enough to deny that his goals sealed league wins, but nor am I stupid enough to ignore his input for the other seven months of those seasons. Lafferty was carried for the majority of his time here.

Surrounded by players like Jelavic, Davis, Weir, etc., he was a luxury we afforded ourselves. What's he going to do in this side? Return older and slower from a highly unsuccessful period away to lead the line with the support of Jason Holt and Andy Halliday? He's an unintelligent, immature arse of a man; emphasised by his comments in the 'paper.

Tarriers in work reading the 'paper and laughing that he walked out on us when we needed him most, then thinks we button up the back.

2 minutes ago, orange_lily_1690 said:

Not a fucking chance.

Even as a Northern Ireland fan, I can't stand his horrible little face. He might score the odd goal, but in all reality, he is pure pish.  Never ever seen a man be offside more in my entire life.

Is your name Lily? Strange name for a bloke...

1 hour ago, WGOH said:

That 4m was based off the back of one outstanding performance, against Arsenal in the FA cup way back in 2006ish.

Was live on BBC1 and he was unknown before that game, but played an absolute blinder!

21 minutes ago, orange_lily_1690 said:

That 4m was based off the back of one outstanding performance, against Arsenal in the FA cup way back in 2006ish.

Was live on BBC1 and he was unknown before that game, but played an absolute blinder!

Reminds me of Justin Fahsanu.  Scored a Goal of the Season on MotD and Clough payed £1,000,000 for him (a fortune at the time).  I always thought it obvious he was never a premier division player.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

As I've said for a while people's opinions are valid but beggars can't be choosers. 

Would lefferty be an improvement based only on talent, of course he would.

Would all the bitter fans cheer if he scored a winner against Celtic or anyone for that matter, of course they would.

As a free agent is it a good move, I'm our situation and circumstances yes. 

Whats the negative, people view h as a cunt. Well know what I couldn't care if we have 11 cunts on the pitch as long as we are winning.

And to all the "I'll not be back if he signs" brigade. Good, your seat will be filled quick enough.

Rangers need a successful team not a split fan base.

Scott Brown could sign and I'd cheer.

It's a really difficult one, I despise him and the others who turned their backs on us. 

But they are the most high-profile players we could feasibly bring in, due to their previous links with the club. As a support we may have the dilemna of welcoming one of the traitors back, because in a footballing sense they may be some of the best options we can attract - or turning our backs on them and going after inferior players. 

I can't even make my mind up over it, if we weren't in such dire straights I would never even have considered it, but now i'm not quite as sure. Fuck Paysmith though, he can rot