Car crash season from start to finish, has there been worse?

JWAC

First game against Hamilton everyone around me agreed this was going to be a long season but fuck me this has been poor.

From the debacle in the first game against the scum, barton, kranjcar, warburton, murty, pedro, and the various board/club nonsense it's really been a farce of a season. We have had poor sides in the past, I started going towards the end of Jock Wallace's second stint and we were bad then. The way I feel right now, the only thing that changes the next few years being stuck in the doldrums and them doing 10 in a row, is a major change at board level and significant investment.

I know there are extenuating circumstances but this season has been utter gash, for older bears do you remember worse than this?

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Every year under Ally was equally as bad.

I meant in the top league. But you're right his side was much worse, some nights driving and parking midweek for a game it was sad how easy it was.

It's been hard to watch but without the bad times there can be no good times.

Its a massive summer and I just hope Pedro has some damn good contacts on the continent to bring in players that will do a job and have real resale value.

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

I meant in the top league. But you're right his side was much worse, some nights driving and parking midweek for a game it was sad how easy it was.

In the top league probably the last full season under John Grieg 1982-83 which was pretty grim including defeat to Chesterfield in the Anglo Scottish cup.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

In the top league probably the last full season under John Grieg 1982-83 which was pretty grim including defeat to Chesterfield in the Anglo Scottish cup.

We still had a few decent players then, I was too young then mate but did the support speak/worry as much about directors and how the club was being run and money etc?

It's been a bit of a season. The doings from the scum have been the worst to take. Most pundits had us about where we are though. On our first loss to scum, many had us to finish mid table.  First season up? although  it doesn't feel like it, we are about par for the course. Just so much shit has happened with personnel.

10 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Young fans can't think of Chesterfield beating us. I can't forget it.

25 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

First game against Hamilton everyone around me agreed this was going to be a long season but fuck me this has been poor.

From the debacle in the first game against the scum, barton, kranjcar, warburton, murty, pedro, and the various board/club nonsense it's really been a farce of a season. We have had poor sides in the past, I started going towards the end of Jock Wallace's second stint and we were bad then. The way I feel right now, the only thing that changes the next few years being stuck in the doldrums and them doing 10 in a row, is a major change at board level and significant investment.

I know there are extenuating circumstances but this season has been utter gash, for older bears do you remember worse than this?

Get a grip.  To many fans have had it too good in the last few decades and haven't gone through long periods of lean years. Man up and be a supporter.

2 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

We still had a few decent players then, I was too young then mate but did the support speak/worry as much about directors and how the club was being run and money etc?

Willie Waddell was running the club at the time and was determined that the club would not be put into debt when building our new stadium and investment in the team was limited at a time when the league and competition was strong.

The supporters basically just voted with their feet and left the stadium empty without it being any organised boycott by the fans.

4 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

It's been a bit of a season. The doings from the scum have been the worst to take. Most pundits had us about where we are though. On our first loss to scum, many had us to finish mid table.  First season up? although  it doesn't feel like it, we are about par for the course. Just so much shit has happened with personnel.

Young fans can't think of Chesterfield beating us. I can't forget it.

Anglo Scottish cup defeat to Chester fucking field.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Willie Waddell was running the club at the time and was determined that the club would not be put into debt when building our new stadium and investment in the team was limited at a time when the league and competition was strong.

The supporters basically just voted with their feet and left the stadium empty without it being any organised boycott by the fans.

Which is what I worry about right now, it's a similar situation we're in.

I stopped watching at the 60min. That is the first time I have ever stopped watching our game before it has finished. The are shit but the thing that annoyed me most is they are also heartless. They can all leave now and just forfeit the rest of the season, they don't deserve to wear the Rangers jersey. 

7 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The Anglo Scottish cup was your punishment for not qualifying for Europe,Rangers took the punishment up a notch by losing to them.

But were there any players getting booted out the squad, managers trying to leave, directors in the news and in courts, as well as getting humped from that scum at home?

41 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Not a chance. Seeing that today at Ibrox? Ally beat them twice here for a start. Even in the lower leagues and some of our questionable results and shite football, it was nothing compared to that kind of defeat to them on our own turf.  

43 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Can't agree mate. Whilst McCoist was a cunt of a manager and the football was dire we were still moving up the leagues and having relative success for our objectives. 

This season has easily been the worst for me.