McKay and Garner

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I backed Garner to the hilt but even I've came to the conclusion that he is pish. 

He toepoked the ball into the side netting in the first half when if it was Boyd he would've lashed it in on his bad foot or dummied it through. He's not good enough. 

McKay will be gone as well. Pedro wants men

Beerman is atrocious. Another in a long list of Auchenhowie deadbeats that don't have talent or a brain for football. How can we have such a bad scouting system with a state of the at facility ?

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

You fuck up and open your eyes

My eyes are open mate. I'm not disagreeing that Garner has been pish. They've all been pish. But the guy can score when an opportunity comes along in the box. How many has he scored and how many were from outside the box? That goal today that you said was laid on a plate, what if that landed at Waghorn? Would he have definitely scored?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

One goal and cunts are wanting them to stay :lol: 

The goal is not the point. The point is the type of player he is and would he be different in a team that creates chances. Boyd scored a shitload of goals for us first time round coz he was given countless opportunities. He came back, got no service and scored very little and got slated to fuck for it. 

27 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

My point is though, if next season we have got the players to provide the service, would he be worth keeping? I compared him to McCoist and Boyd because I think he is a penalty box striker and his current escapades is down to frustration from lack of service and he's been like a demon trying to make things happen, which clearly isn't his game.

I think, albeit unpopularly, he'll be here next season so we will find out if better service will make a difference. Agree he is a penalty box forward and needs to focus on being there when we attack. I'd say he won about 90% of his aerial battles today. He was definitely the target man as part of the tactics today, boot the ball up to Garner to see if he can get the flick on. Alwost created some chances early on. 

21 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Mckay is going to be one of those that got away. Pedro isn't playing him so reading between the lines doesn't fancy him. At his peak he is our most promising player. It's up to the manager to get his peak out of him.

Garner has heart but is a poor footballer and is nowhere near a Boyd in terms of talent who in turn was nowhere near as good as Mccoist! Even stylistically they aren't comparable. That's one of the most delusional or hopeful things I've read in a while. 

Foderigham, Wilson, Wallace, Tav and Miller should remain part of the squad. Tav is a bit questionable but he's part of a lot of the good we do going forward... instrumental in our winner today and last ditch equaliser against Celtic. Beerman is exposed much more regularly and isn't ready to replace Wallace. Where the fuck was he for Thistles break today?

Wilson..... pish. Id agree with the rest. For me waghorn, beerman windass and holt were utter pish today. Maybe lack of numbers in midfield was the issue and why we were gerring overrun. 

For me the team selection and formation are really worrying. How the fuck pedro thought he could get away with dodoo miller garner and wahorn in the starting 11 if baffling, especialy given what we have witnessed against the taigs. One bright point is that id did hightlight that the tims arnt a brilliant side its just that we are so fucking gash. 

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I backed Garner to the hilt but even I've came to the conclusion that he is pish. 

He toepoked the ball into the side netting in the first half when if it was Boyd he would've lashed it in on his bad foot or dummied it through. He's not good enough. 

McKay will be gone as well. Pedro wants men

You may be right .... then again .... you may be wrong in your interpretation of what Pedro means when he says "I want men".

BMcK could be a gift if he were played as an attacking midfielder ...... the goal he scored today he took like a proper man ..... if he was utilised more in this area I believe he could be an asset to us ..... where he was positioned today and with his slight stature any one of the three Thistle defenders he turned brilliantly could easily have fouled him due to this and we would have received penalty .... for this reason they were more inclined to stay off him rather than concede a penalty ... allowing him the opportunity to finish 

He is wasted on either wing and with his ball control in a midfield role would be of more use to us.  

45 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Garner would be great in the Hateley role but it doesn't appear that Pedro is going to play two upfront so would probably get rid.

Mckay I would keep, the one player we have that can create a bit of magic. Hopefully he can toughen up a wee bit.

To be fair I don't know what system Pedro will play next season, much depends on the players he is able to bring in.  These guys have been playing 4-3-3 for two years and I assume he didn't want to change that too much with little of the season left.  If McKay had a heart he'd be immense, that said he is too talented to let go.  

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

You may be right .... then again .... you may be wrong in your interpretation of what Pedro means when he says "I want men".

BMcK could be a gift if he were played as an attacking midfielder ...... the goal he scored today he took like a proper man ..... if he was utilised more in this area I believe he could be an asset to us ..... where he was positioned today and with his slight stature any one of the three Thistle defenders he turned brilliantly could easily have fouled him due to this and we would have received penalty .... for this reason they were more inclined to stay off him rather than concede a penalty ... allowing him the opportunity to finish 

He is wasted on either wing and with his ball control in a midfield role would be of more use to us.  

I just think his attitude towards the game is wrong tbh. I think there is a player there  but that is two whole seasons and IMO he still hasn't kicked on to the heights he could.

Rejecting contract offers is poor as well and seems to be the mentality of young players who think they have already made it. 

I think his attitude towards the game stinks and he looks like he's lost the heart for football. 

I do think in the middle with players who will protect him he would flourish but if he isn't going to pull his weight I don't think he'll be here. 

McKay- Too inconsistent to play for us although he's probably the one player who has the ability to change a game in a instant I'd sell him if we got a decent offer.

Garner- I was one of the first ones to give him time but decided hes utter shite, a step up from Sebo at best. has the heart of a lion but can't finish and has low ability I'll be glad to see the back of him.

1 hour ago, 1NachoNovo said:

My eyes are open mate. I'm not disagreeing that Garner has been pish. They've all been pish. But the guy can score when an opportunity comes along in the box. How many has he scored and how many were from outside the box? That goal today that you said was laid on a plate, what if that landed at Waghorn? Would he have definitely scored?

Saying garner is better than waghorn is like saying police academy 5 is better than police academy 6

Garner isn't going to be good enough.

McKay won't get played centrally. He needs to be coached to play the role of a wide man that moves central. I don't know what Pedro tries to play so I don't think that will happen anyway. More chance that he'll move on.

Over the course of this season would ether really rate a 7 or better out of 10?  Not in my opinion.  McKay scoring a lot higher than Garner though.

Do both have the capability, character, willingness .....and ability to deliver 7 or better out of 10 over all games next season?   IMO McKay - yes; and Garner - no.

But if a decent enough offer came in for McKay I suppose the Club would sell.   IMO Garner should be moved on if possible.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Saying garner is better than waghorn is like saying police academy 5 is better than police academy 6

I'm better than waghorn. Infact, my great great great grandad (whoever the fuck he is) is better than waghorn.

Garner in the right team has got the ability to do what he is supposed to do, score goals. Not go chasing things and get pissed off because it isn't happening. Not justifying his behaviour, but if the players around him done their job, then he would do his own job by putting the ball in the net. If I go into work tomorrow and get told to do this that and the next thing, in my van, but fuel will not be supplied, is that my fault for not doing it?