Statement on Billy Gilmour

Guest Lloyd72

Bit torn on this tbh, decent money but I'd prefer us to keep our best players. Thought Wilson might.of had a word with him tbh but if he is getting offered good money, mum & dad's mortgage paid off etc can't blame him.

I'm guessing he doesn't go until the end of the season? Would anyone give him his debut?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DESGER said:

I can understand why he has gone for the money. He will never play for their 1st team and other than the possibility of getting a bit more cash I couldn't give a fuck if he makes it or not. In fact I kinda hope he ends up like Feruz to be honest!!

How do you know he will never play for the first team? Or is that just a negative comment related to the fact you want the young boy to fail because he left rangers to pursue a better career in one of the best leagues in the world? 

He got us 500k, could potentially come back on loan at some point, and will net us more money if he gets moved on in the future.

Smashing deal for club and the young lad, when you consider how he's looked in recent youth cup final games it could be that Conte is the lads uncle, years away from staking a claim in our poor first team . anyone who says different hasn't watched the recent youth final games

It's a gamble for both club and player either way, keep him or sell him, always is with kids this age, who knows how they will turn out. Personally if he was mine I would want him to stay at Ibrox but that's blind loyalty. Only time will tell. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes so maybe it's a no brainer for the boy! Good Luck to him anyway !

image.gif.ca0e7adb34c59812b9cae50081b97b57.gif

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

He looked like a little boy lost in the under 20 game against them the other week, I wish him well but I don't think he will be playing first team football anywhere at any level for at least a couple of seasons until he gets a bit of weight about him, he looks a neat clever player when playing in his own age group where they are all off the same stamp but imo he was out his depth at u20 level.

Chelsea will hoover up 15 Billy Gilmours a season and will ruthlessly spit them out when the next batch perceived to be better come along.

If he is an outstanding success our club will gain financially so good luck to him.

How many times did you watch him for the 20s to come to the conclusion he was 'out his depth' at that level?

In an ideal world we'd keep him, nurture him and hopefully make him a focal point of the team for years to come but we're a mess at rhe moment, we desperately need to raise funds and realistically Gilmour is 3 years away from making an impact, so the sensible thing right now is to make money on him and hopefully that can allow us to start fixing Rangers so that when the next Billy Gilmour comes through we'll be in a much stronger position to play the long game with him.

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Best decision he will ever make. No regrets, no looking back.

We are currently shite, in crisis, playing a backwater that will forever remain a backwater.

When the champions of the EPL come calling, it's not a hard decision to make. 

Aye we're Rangers but so he should of stayed.

5 hours ago, M0NTY said:

How do you know he will never play for the first team? Or is that just a negative comment related to the fact you want the young boy to fail because he left rangers to pursue a better career in one of the best leagues in the world? 

He got us 500k, could potentially come back on loan at some point, and will net us more money if he gets moved on in the future.

He won't play for Chelsea 1st team your deluded if you think he went for anything other than money.

Do you know how many young players Chelsea have currently out on loan who will never see their first team!!

I really don't care if he fails or not(unless he ends up at the scum!!) as he's not our player anymore and I think the system got us £500k. 

Anyway im not going to speak about him again as he's now an irrelevance to our progress (unless he deems us worthy to come back on loan of course)

2 minutes ago, DESGER said:

He won't play for Chelsea 1st team your deluded if you think he went for anything other than money.

Do you know how many young players Chelsea have currently out on loan who will never see their first team!!

I really don't care if he fails or not(unless he ends up at the scum!!) as he's not our player anymore and I think the system got us £500k. 

Anyway im not going to speak about him again as he's now an irrelevance to our progress (unless he deems us worthy to come back on loan of course)

The "system" never got us 500k. Had he just walked we'd have got around 90k

Meh. So much for blooding youngsters, using them to benefit the senior team and then getting a few million for them.

These English clubs just scoop off the cream before they get anywhere near the first team.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

How many times did you watch him for the 20s to come to the conclusion he was 'out his depth' at that level?

Nowhere near as much as you but enough to base a personal opinion, thats what forums are for.

Where do you see Billy Gilmour in three seasons  time?

I would love him to be ticking all the boxes to rake in the add ons from Chelsea but i have my doubts.

1 hour ago, DESGER said:

Rangers allegedly offered similar terms so how you working that one out?

Just now, pcbear said:

Nowhere near as much as you but enough to base a personal opinion, thats what forums are for.

Where do you see Billy Gilmour in three seasons  time?

I would love him to be ticking all the boxes to rake in the add ons from Chelsea but i have my doubts.

Three years? Could easily see him on the fringes of Chelsea's first team. Won't be surprised to see him out on loan to get competitive game time before that. 

He won't get anywhere near Chelsea's first team. 99% sure of that looking at their record of bringing through youth players to the first team over the last 15 odd years. 

They do have world class facilities and coaches down there though. If he's as good as is being made out, a good 4 or 5 years in Chelsea's academy and he could be very successful at a good level. 

5 hours ago, DESGER said:

Theres a slim chance but you never know, i just dont want to be negative against a kid who we produced to this stage. And yes when i said he got us 500k i meant the system got us it, but generally you would not word it like that in conversation. 

4 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Theres a slim chance but you never know, i just dont want to be negative against a kid who we produced to this stage. And yes when i said he got us 500k i meant the system got us it, but generally you would not word it like that in conversation. 

Again, the system never. His development fee would be much less than 500k and there would be no way to insert additional clauses if it was just a development fee.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Again, the system never. His development fee would be much less than 500k and there would be no way to insert additional clauses if it was just a development fee.

I think theres a few opinions on what the "system" does and how you would describe it. Im referring to the system that exists where we grow talent and if we cant use it ourselves then we sell them on, the system that is the group behind the negotiations. So yes, BG didn't get rangers 500k, the system that is the negotiations between clubs did.