McKay been told to find a new club?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I would honestly love to see what you guys see. I just don't. He's a talent, a great player but inconsistent. Why is that such a bad thing?

Name any wide player you want, I can guarantee they've all went missing at some point 

It would help you take take your head out from between your thighs when you watch the fitba...

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm expecting him to create things against SPFL opposition on a consistent basis.  

This is pretty rich coming from a guy who gets a tingle in his panties every time Haris Vuckic is brought up.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not for a whole season. 

Partick off the top of my head. Game changer. I honestly can't remeber that much, but we've a whole team that's underperformed. Why single out McKay who has performed and *CAN* perform 

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not half as regularly as he does though.

We've been cutting quality every year since about 03/04. And Scottish football hasn't produced quality since the 80's. why would Barrie McKay be more consistent than any of those greats?

We've always had a player like Barrie, who fears a 50/50 challenge. I remember fans moaning, and shouting about Tommy McLean being a bottler. I was even at Ibrox a few times when fans were giving it large, when Brian Laudrup never went into tackles. I'm sure there's lots more. These players are NOT on the pitch to dive into tackles, be aggressive, or stick the boot in. They're there for their flair, speed, ability, skill, and passing of the ball. 

We need to give these players a break, stop moaning, and shouting at them for bottling it in a tackle, it's not what they're there for...?

Just now, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Partick off the top of my head. Game changer. I honestly can't remebrr that much, but we've a hole team that's underperformed. Why single out McKay who has performed and *CAN* perform 

We've been cutting quality every year since about 03/04. And Scottish football hasn't produced quality since the 80's. why would Barrie McKay be more consistent than any of those greats?

Nobody is singling McKay out. It's a thread on McKay so people talk about him. There's threads on nearly every player pointing out how shit each of them are too.

Just now, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Partick off the top of my head. Game changer. I honestly can't remebrr that much, but we've a hole team that's underperformed. Why single out McKay who has performed and *CAN* perform 

Because he's a luxury we don't need and can't afford to have in the team for next season. We will need 11 guys fighting with everything they've got in every game for 90mins. 

Not a few minutes here and there and most of the time no fight at all. 

Only problem with McKay is his confidence- needs to have a good 1st ten mins to have a good game.   I think he has bundles of talent but not the personality/attitude  to get the talent out on a consistent basis.  It's not like I expect him to be excellent every game but Greg Wylde was more consistent than him

3 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I would honestly love to see what you guys see. I just don't. He's a talent, a great player but inconsistent. Why is that such a bad thing?

Name any wide player you want, I can guarantee they've all went missing at some point 

In the majority of games I'm not seeing anything from Barrie.  You say he's a greatly talented player but why then does he struggle against SPFL defenders?  It's easy for those who overrate Barrie to blame everyone else around him but that's not a one way street.  Barrie is ineffective most weeks and everyone else suffers because of that especially the strikers who depend on the creative players.  We need creative players who can make things happen consistently against SPFL defenders and Barrie simply doesn't do that.  

1 minute ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We've always had a player like Barrie, who fears a 50/50 challenge. I remember fans moaning, and shouting about Tommy McLean being a bottler. I was even at Ibrox a few times when fans were giving it large, when Brian Laudrup never went into tackles. I'm sure there's lots more. These players are NOT on the pitch to dive into tackles, be aggressive, or stick the boot in. They're there for their flair, speed, ability, skill, and passing of the ball. 

We need to give these players a break, stop moaning, and shouting at them for bottling it in a tackle, it's not what they're there for...?

Nobody asking McKay to go flying into tackles, we do want him to challenge for a 50/50 in his area of the pitch. 

We do want him to go straight back at the full back that's just dumped him on his arse, we do want him when he gets to the by line to lift his head and pick out a man not just close his eyes and hammer it across the box when he does get past the first man. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Because he's a luxury we don't need and can't afford to have in the team for next season. We will need 11 guys fighting with everything they've got in every game for 90mins. 

Not a few minutes here and there and most of the time no fight at all. 

What team has won something that doesn't have a silky luxury player? 

McKay is genuinely the least of our worries. Him, Wes and probably Miller. 

2 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

What team has won something that doesn't have a silky luxury player? 

McKay is genuinely the least of our worries. Him, Wes and probably Miller. 

What use is a silky luxury player (I wouldn't class McKay as silky either) when they don't do anything and are an empty jersey for 99% of the season. 

McKay has all the talent in the world but if he isn't going to use it week in week out he's no good to us. 

Why do people use extremes as usual saying people want him to fly into tackles, kick the opposition etc. No, he can tackle or stick a foot in, try to win the ball back without "flying into tackles", or "kicking them". It's not beyond any player.

I'm always reading people wanting us to play a high press, closing down the opposition from the front, not giving them space yet they think we can do that with a guy swanning about not doing any of that.

Perdo spoke about the 10 second principle, again that doesn't work if you have a guy not willing to try and win the ball back or close down quickly.

McKay should be ridiculed for his inconsistency, not his reluctance to go in for a 50/50.

He has got talent and potential that we've not really seen over the last five years. And he is only 22.

I honestly think people are being naive for wanting to cut ties with him after a car crash season. 

Put him in a team where strikers have the capabilities to get on the end of the countless chances he puts on a plate. And a team where midfielders aren't shitebags and put themselves in a position to receive a pass. And a team where the defence isn't woefully hopeless at removing pressure from the defensive third.

Stick him in a capable team and he'd be a very, very dangerous player. 

Or, you know... we could just punt him because he cannae tackle. 

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Just as well we sold all those season books then. Cos we'll need about 6 mill to get that 

So you're now suggesting that to find someone to play as left mid / wide left that isn't inconsistent or a shitebag will cost 6 million?

Away and have a lie down.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nobody asking McKay to go flying into tackles, we do want him to challenge for a 50/50 in his area of the pitch. 

We do want him to go straight back at the full back that's just dumped him on his arse, we do want him when he gets to the by line to lift his head and pick out a man not just close his eyes and hammer it across the box when he does get past the first man. 

Did we get, or expect Willie Henderson, or Davie Cooper to do those things? I'm not saying that McKay is in their class, just the same type of player, playing in, roughly, the same position, and expected to do the same when not on the ball. He seems to play better, IMHO, with Wallace on his wing.

15 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

From potential £6million moves to Europe in January to £750k price tag and find a new club in may. Got to love Twitter and Facebook.

Exactly, has anything actually been confirmed by a more solid source than a Facebook fans page? 

3 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Did we get, or expect Willie Henderson, or Davie Cooper to do those things? I'm not saying that McKay is in their class, just the same type of player, playing in, roughly, the same position, and expected to do the same when not on the ball. He seems to play better, IMHO, with Wallace on his wing.

Not old enough for Willie but watched Davie have games where the left foot wasn't working he still put a shift in. 

Also both of those players would get right up after being kicked in the air and go right at the same player again and again

wallace on his wing gives him a get out of jail card because Wallace will overlap the full back McKay is either too scared or simply can't get past. 

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

McKay should be ridiculed for his inconsistency, not his reluctance to go in for a 50/50.

He has got talent and potential that we've not really seen over the last five years. And he is only 22.

I honestly think people are being naive for wanting to cut ties with him after a car crash season. 

Put him in a team where strikers have the capabilities to get on the end of the countless chances he puts on a plate. And a team where midfielders aren't shitebags and put themselves in a position to receive a pass. And a team where the defence isn't woefully hopeless at removing pressure from the defensive third.

Stick him in a capable team and he'd be a very, very dangerous player. 

Or, you know... we could just punt him because he cannae tackle. 

He should be smashing Ross Tokely in 50/50s though. Would always end really well.