McKay been told to find a new club?

2 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Hope not. Alarming to say the least. Jury is out with Pedro, but he's persisted with waghorn after countless poor performances, yet Barrie, when given a run, time and confidence he's unplayable and easily the best player we've produced for years. 

Reckon its shite but if not, Pedro better explain what the fuck he's thinking. Unless Weiss walks in tomorrow, we aren't getting a better winger than McKay 

Hahaha, wit?

Had 4/5 good games all year, after starting nearly every game until like October/November a think.

Lewis MacLeod is easily better.

58 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Barrie won a slide tackle Vs Aberdeen.

Don't think that lump of wood Windass has ever won one.

One set up the goal :sarcasm:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hahaha, wit?

Had 4/5 good games all year, after starting nearly every game until like October/November a think.

He did, but he is fucking pish.

Good at shouting at wee players younger than him but an absolute coward who plays like he has the football brain of a mongo.

Not forgetting Barrie scored more goals in the previous 2 games than Windass has all season, 1 of them he created and finished himself.

I reckon McKay, on his day is very good. But all to often he is not on his day.

He lacks the touch of arrogance to be a top level player.

the question is can he find that with the more experience he gains? He has after all only played one full season in the top league.

I think he may be worth an extra year deal and if he hasn't improved then flog him.

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hahaha, wit?

Has Mcleod even played for Brentford? Or still struggling with injuries. He was a talent, don't get me wrong but McKay has done more for us than Lewis did. Imo 

Different players. Lewis was a lot more consistent but he wasn't as direct, as pacy or as influential. 

1 hour ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Partick off the top of my head. Game changer. I honestly can't remeber that much, but we've a whole team that's underperformed. Why single out McKay who has performed and *CAN* perform 

We've been cutting quality every year since about 03/04. And Scottish football hasn't produced quality since the 80's. why would Barrie McKay be more consistent than any of those greats?

Never suggested for a minute he should be any more consistent than any of the greats. I'd be quite happy with him just being more consistent than the rest of the shite in this league but he can't even manage that.

Social fucking media at it's best:

Pedro has told winger Barrie McKay that he is free to look for a new club.

https://www.facebook.com/ItsTheBlueSeaOfIbrox

Contrary to rumours created on social media, Barrie McKay has not been told he is free to find a new club

https://www.facebook.com/IbroxLoyal

:sarcasm:

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

So after 8 pages the essential answer to the OP's question is the twitter rumour is not substantiated and the OP was correct to wheel out the thread with a large barrowload of salt.    It's turned into a lively thread on the 'for' and 'against' points about whether he should be kept on though.

The thread opens up another question though.    Since the fuss at the end of April about leaks coming out of Ibrox and Pedro looking to plug them it seems to be the case that despite this being a very newsworthy week with players being told this week / today about whether they are in the Manager's plans for next season, and with players about to go on holiday after the game tomorrow it seems there are no leaks.    Leaks plugged (at least for now) I wonder?   

6 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Would be a bad move imo. 

Still young and would benefit from being around better players. 

I don't think so

He plays 1 out of 4 big games

He has been found out as a powderpuff pussy

Get rid of all these losers .Start a fresh

FFs when I think of the wingers we have had . And some still are creaming themselves over him

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't think so

FFs when I think of the wingers we have had . And some still are creaming themselves over him

Nah, he's a young player, plenty of potential. 

We've still got him for a year so stick him in as a squad player next season around a bunch of better quality players (hopefully) and see what happens.

Put it this way I wouldn't be touting him around out of our current bunch as I can't see us being able to replace 20 players so some will stay on and Barrie is better than most as we know he can perform it's just getting him to do it that is the trick.

However, if.some English outfits want to pay us a good few million for him then let him go. Obviously as he's in his last year that good few million is sitting at about 1 million just now and will only go down. If he won't sign a new deal then we look to sell him.

So as many of our fans are willing to let him go if this were the case then who realistically that we can afford that has the pace and attacking ability he has although rarely used to you suggest we bring in to replace him? There arent any in our youth academy that are capable of making the jump up and none in Scotland is take so were is the replacement coming from and were do we get the cash from ?

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't think so

Spot on other than I think you're being generous by saying he plays in 1 out of 4 big games.

I don't like that you've changed your avatar either, almost didn't realise it was you :pipe:

3 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

So as many of our fans are willing to let him go if this were the case then who realistically that we can afford that has the pace and attacking ability he has although rarely used to you suggest we bring in to replace him? There arent any in our youth academy that are capable of making the jump up and none in Scotland is take so were is the replacement coming from and were do we get the cash from ?

You've just admitted in your post that he rarely uses his ability so why would you think he'll be hard to replace?

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

You've just admitted in your post that he rarely uses his ability so why would you think he'll be hard to replace?

I meant when he uses his talent and is in the mood to actually play he can be unstoppable but just doesn't do it often enough . In my opinion playing with the shower of shite around him it's naturally going to drag him down to their level of performance, i can only hope that if given the opportunity to play aong side a higher and more technically superior players would bring out the best in him more regularly.  But my point was who out there just now can we afford that can do what he can however rare it may be , can we get who will do it week in week out? 

Just now, Pedrono1 said:

I meant when he uses his talent and is in the mood to actually play he can be unstoppable but just doesn't do it often enough . In my opinion playing with the shower of shite around him it's naturally going to drag him down to their level of performance, i can only hope that if given the opportunity to play aong side a higher and more technically superior players would bring out the best in him more regularly.  But my point was who out there just now can we afford that can do what he can however rare it may be , can we get who will do it week in week out? 

I don't buy into this theory that somehow the players around him are making him shite tbh. Good players will shine even in a poor team, if anything him being surrounded by shite should make him stand out even more.

As for replacing him, obviously I want any signing we bring in to be a brilliant performer every week but tbh if the choice was between Barrie McKay putting in 9 shite performances for every good one or a less talented player who will at least give us consistent performances then I'd choose the latter every single time.

11 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

Replace him with someone willing to give 100% every game. 

Mckay has talent but he's a luxury we cannot afford next season.

Scum, hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and possibly Dundee Utd are all teams who hate us with a passion that we will come up against next year and mckays mentality is not something we can ill afford in these games.

Just now, Jackal said:

Replace him with someone willing to give 100% every game. 

Mckay has talent but he's a luxury we cannot afford next season.

Scum, hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and possibly Dundee Utd are all teams who hate us with a passion that we will come up against next year and mckays mentality is not something we can ill afford in these games.

I agree with u to a point yes I want someone who is always going to give 100%  every game of course we do but that isn't alwaysgoing to win games it definitely helps no doubt about that but if there is a genuine lack of ability or creative talent then we will struggle. I see both side of the argument but for me unless we can make a vast improvement on his replacement then we should see how he goes with hopefully a better quality of player by his side