McLean, jack and other transfers

stevemac

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, but I never really see these two play. However, I don't need to see them play to know they will do a better job in the middle for us than the shower of shite we have. What's people's opinions of these two? I've been told McLean is the best player in Scotland that isn't wearing hoops and jack is a solid improvement on us but some of you guys maybe see them play a lot more than me.

Also, thinking of a bin list for our squad, I come up with 

Waghorn, MOH, windass, crooks, Forrester, kiernan, halliday, hill, senderos, and the two loanees. Being optimistic, for the ones we could flog, I reckon if we worked hard on selling instead of giving them away for peanuts, like sellick do, we could reasonably expect 7 million for the lot of them, mainly to teams south of the border. (This would be a decent return considering what we paid too so not all bad)

What do you lot think and who do you think we could get in for that as replacements?

I thought of jack, McLean, Bruno, maybe at a push Weiss if he is willing to take a big pay cut, that's what I have so far. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

7 million??? Get your tin hat on mate - it's fuckin merciless in here 

Windass and crooks would make it in league one no bother. 3 mil for the combined two,

Waghorn and kiernan the same, maybe 2.5 for those two.

Halliday, Forrester and MOH 1.5mil (500k each is realistic imo)

We seem to downplay the player values a lot, when you just have to look at some of the deals other teams have had for players of lesser quality. 

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Waghorn, MOH, windass, crooks, Forrester, kiernan, halliday, hill, senderos, and the two loanees. Being optimistic, for the ones we could flog, I reckon if we worked hard on selling instead of giving them away for peanuts, like sellick do, we could reasonably expect 7 million for the lot of them, mainly to teams south of the border. (This would be a decent return considering what we paid too so not all bad)

"Reasonably." You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

Windass and crooks would make it in league one no bother. 3 mil for the combined two,

We seem to downplay the player values a lot, when you just have to look at some of the deals other teams have had for players of lesser quality. 

1.5 million each for Windass and Crooks :lol:

Just now, stevemac said:

3 million what? We're obviously not talking gbp here. 3 million pence?

1 minute ago, JamesRFC__ said:

1.5 million each for Windass and Crooks :lol:

Aye, considering Liverpool wanted 5mil for rossitter, and 1.5 mil is sod all even in league one nowadays. And crooks had a decent run with Scunthorpe, helped get them up I believe. Hopefully he can take windass with him down there 

To be fair to the OP did the media not suggest that Leipzig were prepared to offer £9 million for McKay after his performance against them..............I'm sure we'd be happy to do a deal with them for £5 - £6 million......... 

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Aye, considering Liverpool wanted 5mil for rossitter, and 1.5 mil is sod all even in league one nowadays.

1.5 million is definitely not sod all in league 1 mate :lol: Especially for fucking Windass and Crooks. 

Just now, JamesRFC__ said:

1.5 million is definitely not sod all in league 1 mate :lol: Especially for fucking Windass and Crooks. 

Just because they've not been great for us doesn't mean they wouldn't easily find teams down south to take them on. Crooks did a good job for Scunthorpe and windass would do a good job down south as well. Even 750k each, we will still have made a decent turn on that, considering the pair cost us around 250k iirc.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

To be fair to the OP did the media not suggest that Leipzig were prepared to offer £9 million for McKay after his performance against them..............I'm sure we'd be happy to do a deal with them for £5 - £6 million......... 

That's it mate, we need to borrow the saville calculator from the stinky bunch across the city, much as I detest those scummy bastards they can sell mediocrity for big bucks.

Just now, stevemac said:

Just because they've not been great for us doesn't mean they wouldn't easily find teams down south to take them on. Crooks did a good job for Scunthorpe and windass would do a good job down south as well. Even 750k each, we will still have made a decent turn on that, considering the pair cost us around 250k iirc.

Might easily find a club and might very well do a good job but no club in league 1 is paying 1.5 million for each mate :tu:

19 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, but I never really see these two play. However, I don't need to see them play to know they will do a better job in the middle for us than the shower of shite we have. What's people's opinions of these two? I've been told McLean is the best player in Scotland that isn't wearing hoops and jack is a solid improvement on us but some of you guys maybe see them play a lot more than me.

What do you lot think and who do you think we could get in for that as replacements?

I thought of jack, McLean, Bruno, maybe at a push Weiss if he is willing to take a big pay cut, that's what I have so far. 

You'd struggle to get more than a couple of million from those sales I reckon

Out of the 7 that are under contract ,Waghorn, MOH, Windass, Crooks, Forrester and Kiernan and Halliday .even on a good day ,none of them are worth more than 500k .between 100 and 250k is more realistic .

22 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Aye, considering Liverpool wanted 5mil for rossitter, and 1.5 mil is sod all even in league one nowadays. And crooks had a decent run with Scunthorpe, helped get them up I believe. Hopefully he can take windass with him down there 

Mate we'd be lucky to get £1.5m for Mckay and he's our most valuable asset.

28 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Sorry, would "it's not unreasonable to expect" be a better sentence to use? 

Not if you're using it in the context of us getting £7 million for that shower of shite, no. Your explanation of "well, they pay crazy money down south" is fair enough - but you aren't taking into account that none of those players have impressed this season, nor are we in rude health financially; English teams aren't going to pay us over the odds for a shitebag like Windass, especially if it's known he's flopped and we want rid. 

31 minutes ago, stevemac said:

The tarriers demand large fees for players that they don't want to lose whereas we want rid of these players and everyone knows it so straight away the buying clubs will have the upper hand in the negotiations. 

It's not even close to being the same thing.