The National Stadium

While we all think the SFA are bastards, letting the scum take over the Hampden games without also trying to get our share of games would be cutting of your nose to spite your face.

We need to stop letting these wankers get all the advantages from national sport. The C G was a perfect example of what you can get if you put yourself in the frame for improvements around your stadium.

I personally (sorry to those who live close :happy:) would say Murrayfield should be the national stadium for rugby and football.   

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

While we all think the SFA are bastards, letting the scum take over the Hampden games without also trying to get our share of games would be cutting of your nose to spite your face.

We need to stop letting these wankers get all the advantages from national sport. The C G was a perfect example of what you can get if you put yourself in the frame for improvements around your stadium.

I personally (sorry to those who live close :happy:) would say Murrayfield should be the national stadium for rugby and football.   

Agreed. But why limit it to two stadiums? Anywhere in the country with suitable stadium appropriate to the game being played. Ie a friendly. Play at Aberdeen / hearts wherever bigger games bigger venue required. 

Ibrox, parkhead, Murray field 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Agreed. But why limit it to two stadiums? Anywhere in the country with suitable stadium appropriate to the game being played. Ie a friendly. Play at Aberdeen / hearts wherever bigger games bigger venue required. 

Just now, Parky89 said:

Ibrox is Rangers and thats it. Should knock Hampden down and build a new national stadium where theres room. I always thought off the m8 where theres nothing there. Easy access from edinburgh and glasgow. Could build a 60/70 thousand capaciy ground and a massive carpark.

Why would they do that when lawell is saying "please come to cellic park"?

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Ultimately though, if we dont want it, it looks like it will probably go east and the stranglehold on our football -  and even how we are perceived as a nation -  will start to flow from the East. Cellic park will be redeveloped to within and inch of its life with cellics financial outlay being minimal.

For me cellic park being our national stadium would be the ultimate symbol that they have absolute control of Scottish football - not just for the near future but for generations to come. 

...And sellic would get massive amounts of fresh exposure worldwide. 

People need to realise that what is good for Rangers is more important than what is bad for the SFA.

Just now, Inigo said:

People need to realise that what is good for Rangers is more important than what is bad for the SFA.

And saying "fuck the sfa" is exactly what our enemies want to hear...

19 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Exactly, they already have more than enough money and prestige without just running up the white flag and giving them even more.

So far as Murrayfield goes I would rather the SRU got the money than the great unwashed but the games should stay at Hampden and the money should stay in football.

I always remember back in the 80s and 90s when there was talk of Ibrox becoming the national stadium McNee kept saying we need this neutral acre in Scottish football which made sense in a country divided by 2 teams although when it's septic to benefit I'm sure all those voices of reason will disappear like snow off a dyke  

they can get tae fuck. don't want the SFA or Scotland team in Ibrox. 

Ibrox is the home of Rangers and I don't want the club helping that lot out even if it means guaranteed income for how ever many years.

23 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

If they don't want to stay at Hampden there's a ready made solution of a national stadium at Murrayfield.     No fundamental reason why that stadium can't serve rugby and football.      

Only one way into the stadium is the only issue I've ever heard of, it'd be hard to separate rival fans

18 hours ago, Inigo said:

The whole world already knows and loves Celtic, silly.

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Only one way into the stadium is the only issue I've ever heard of, it'd be hard to separate rival fans

If we were playing the scum at the entrance just put a line of bars of soap the cunts will never go near that Segregation sorted.

22 hours ago, orangecountry said:

Been busy traveling today so not had a chance to reply.

I would not have a problem using all stadiums, but I was making the point IF they were trying to get them all then we should not sit back and let that happen. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Exactly, they already have more than enough money and prestige without just running up the white flag and giving them even more.

So far as Murrayfield goes I would rather the SRU got the money than the great unwashed but the games should stay at Hampden and the money should stay in football.

I always remember back in the 80s and 90s when there was talk of Ibrox becoming the national stadium McNee kept saying we need this neutral acre in Scottish football which made sense in a country divided by 2 teams although when it's septic to benefit I'm sure all those voices of reason will disappear like snow off a dyke  

I have never liked Hampden as a football stadium, most of the fans are so far away from the pitch, but was there for a C G athletics night and with the surface lifted it was great.

I take your point about keeping the money in football, as long as it is not going to the tattie dome. :thumbsup:

The tartan trannies are  a lamentable bunch, to be pitied really. Probably St Johnstone fans etc with few friends, but I cant imagine them liking the idea of playing all their games at the paedodome.

Still Regan should have already been fired from his very highly paid job for incompetence , and so he will do whatever Pete tells him. 

14 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I have never liked Hampden as a football stadium, most of the fans are so far away from the pitch, but was there for a C G athletics night and with the surface lifted it was great.

I take your point about keeping the money in football, as long as it is not going to the tattie dome. :thumbsup:

I agree - the only time Hampden's been any good was when it was an athletics venue.  It's a crap football venue.

I also agree with the don't cut your nose off view.  If international and cup games start getting moved around, we should get some of that income.  Letting the other lot get it all is daft

21 hours ago, one55 said:

they can get tae fuck. don't want the SFA or Scotland team in Ibrox. 

Ibrox is the home of Rangers and I don't want the club helping that lot out even if it means guaranteed income for how ever many years.

I'd welcome the Scotland women's team to Ibrox with open arms, but as for the bhoy's team under the wee ginger prick, nah, fuck em, fuck em all.

9 hours ago, MikeBlue said:

I agree - the only time Hampden's been any good was when it was an athletics venue.  It's a crap football venue.

I also agree with the don't cut your nose off view.  If international and cup games start getting moved around, we should get some of that income.  Letting the other lot get it all is daft

:thumbup: