Obsession reaches a new level of patheticness

Was looking up the online macmillan dictionary - those pesky difficult long words like, sausage, biscuit - and I came across this;

"not for (the) want of trying - definition and synonyms"

"used for emphasizing that although someone did not get what they wanted, they tried very hard to get it

Rangers failed to score a goal, but it was not for want of trying."

My girlfriend said this to me last night when we were trying to get down to it "don't worry..." just wanted to make sure what it meant.

Now, I'm starting to think the mentality here is very underdeveloped, kind of like a child. Maybe we should be less critical of the scum and just see them for what they are - retards?

:p: 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Was looking up the online macmillan dictionary - those pesky difficult long words like, sausage, biscuit - and I came across this;

"not for (the) want of trying - definition and synonyms"

"used for emphasizing that although someone did not get what they wanted, they tried very hard to get it

Rangers failed to score a goal, but it was not for want of trying."

My girlfriend said this to me last night when we were trying to get down to it "don't worry..." just wanted to make sure what it meant.

Now, I'm starting to think the mentality here is very underdeveloped, kind of like a child. Maybe we should be less critical of the scum and just see them for what they are - retards?

:p: 

Like isn't a long word.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

How do you manage flipper then, that's really long:lol:

Ah, now we get on to how I got my RMF name. If my head falls onto the keyboard - which happens quite often - the exact word that comes out because of my face imprint is pFlpperi urgh plperiF....

FLPPIER

REPIFIFA

Ok, sometimes it doesn't work, but most times it does.

FJIODWD

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Ah, now we get on to how I got my RMF name. If my head falls onto the keyboard - which happens quite often - the exact word that comes out because of my face imprint is pFlpperi urgh plperiF....

FLPPIER

REPIFIFA

Ok, sometimes it doesn't work, but most times it does.

FJIODWD

What?

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

See a therapist 

Come on mate, you don't think I've done that?

I think after being in a wheelchair and speaking through a computer using only the movement of my upper lip, I would have thought - "Hey, maybe I should see a doctor"