TNS 'Friendly'

16 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Watched it and thought we played a lot better than the Coleraine game. We would of been out of sight in the first half if Waghorn wasn't so shite. 

Jack and Rossiter looked good together. Rossiter pressing and tackling everything that moved whilst Jack sweeped up and distributed the ball. Think they have real potential as the 2 deeper midfielders.

Cardoso and Dalcio looked better, more so Cardoso. He looks really confident and capable on the ball too. 

Morelos looks a wee lump of a guy and was pretty physical. Had a couple decent chances too.

In all honesty what worries me about Cardoso is his ability to defend, not how he is on the ball. 

Was caught out a fair few times in the first game with the ball over the top and his positioning. The exact same things that let Danny Wilson down. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Jack and Rossiter looked good together. Rossiter pressing and tackling everything that moved whilst Jack sweeped up and distributed the ball. Think they have real potential as the 2 deeper midfielders.

Glad to hear this, was thinking these 2 sitting deep could be ideal for for us in the bigger games this season, seems like their playing styles would compliment each other well.

41 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

In all honesty what worries me about Cardoso is his ability to defend, not how he is on the ball. 

Was caught out a fair few times in the first game with the ball over the top and his positioning. The exact same things that let Danny Wilson down. 

That's 4 people that have said the same thing to me about cardoso and that he's slow,not seen him myself so can't judge

1 hour ago, markem said:

He's not going to completely rebuild a team to continue with a guy so wasteful at crucial times. The only way (small chance) there is a long term future for Waggy is if he starts banging goals in which would be fine with everyone but isn't going to happen. 

he seems to be getting so many chances under pedro though....

18 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

That's 4 people that have said the same thing to me about cardoso and that he's slow,not seen him myself so can't judge

It did happen, in his first ever game for us.

But he looked a lot better. His positioning is defo not something that worrys me, before he came his positioning and reading of the game were pinpointed as two of his main strengths and that was backed up by his interception stats in the Portugese league, sure he was top of the charts for that.

So it's looking like a 4-2-3-1 with fluid 3 and the two central mids sitting deeper much like central mids in a 4-4-2 double 6.

Not really a fan of the fluid 3 across the park, often feel wingers aren't where they ought to be or we play strikers in wide areas.

With Dalcio and Candeias we might see actual wingers rather than Miller, Waghorn or Dodoo going wide.

Think it's clear we won't be seeing 2 up top though.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Get that shite to fuck, if anyone else posted it you would be licking his baws now.

What is it with all you wee grasses we seem to have got in here now.

Wit are you on about ya unhinged lunatic 

37 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He was paired with Bates in his first game and he (Bates) was all over the place in every way. Cardoso was pretty solid in the second game. Anyway.. he is young and will Have Alves next to him, who will no doubt keep him right. We all saw how Weir improved everyone who played next to him.

22 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It did happen, in his first ever game for us.

But he looked a lot better. His positioning is defo not something that worrys me, before he came his positioning and reading of the game were pinpointed as two of his main strengths and that was backed up by his interception stats in the Portugese league, sure he was top of the charts for that.

Being paired with Bates didnt help. The very first thing Bates did was to lose the ball withing 5 secs. Such a nervous player, which will rub off.

27 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he seems to be getting so many chances under pedro though....

Can only hope the driver is we are probably running out of time to get anything for him - whatever the case I am convinced there will be no (little) place for him when the main event comes around. 

It will be very difficult to understand any other outcome.

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Morelos looks more overweight than Waghorn and he's never had a break.

Fod still saved us with the free kick.

Overweight is probably the wrong word. He is quite chunky and powerful as he proved at one point where he put one of the defenders out of the game creating a chance for Rossiter. 

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I know right , got pelters for showing gifs of the other friendly :duh:

We never had this before on the forum before its always been a forum you could post links on, maybe the guy wants to be a Mod or an Admin.