Naismith speaks on his departure....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Exactly what I had said had happened a while ago, but everyone just wanted to hate these players.

Fact is, footballers aren't bright, and could have easily have been misled in what they said or what they did by more intelligent people with agendas or hunger for more money.

I'm not going to hate these players, because I don't know what actually went on. Yes he could be a lying we shit, yes he could be honest that he was misled and made a mistake.

So the bitterness is not worth my time, it might be wrongly placed. Whether the rest of you want to agree with my post or not is up to you, but one thing you'd have to agree on is - you do not know for sure what happened. You can have an idea, you can have an opinion - but the only people who really knows are the players themselves.

Everyone knows 'for sure' that he said Rangers had died, that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

He never took a wage cut, it was a deferral.

Salary deferral means taking some of your income and putting it aside for later. You are setting aside some of your salary for later use. The good news is you also get to defer the taxes. The money you set aside is saved for your retirement years when your taxable income is likely to be lower.

As much as Naismith has made an arse of himself, at this moment in time we need all the help we can get.

If we get a chance to sign him with a much reduced fee I think it would be good business.

People make mistakes (albeit his was a belter).

So for all of you who are the forgiving kind, if you had been stood there when he did the interview would you have said the same thing, and ignored the fans. I wouldn't.

That speech he made was one of the things that hurt me the most during the really bad times. To hear a Rangers player, also a fellow Rangers fan say that the club had died, and show no respect to the fans or history was the lowest point.

Even if it was penned by a lawyer (if so please name that lawyer), still no excuse, players might be thick, but not that thick, and I don't think Naismith was being honest or truthful.  No excuse. Should have either said nothing or thanked the fans and apologised. 

4 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Fishing ?

Nope - listened to the interview - heard what he had to say - appreciate his work with Forces charities and dyslexia charities - how he buys season tickets for others to use, heard what he had to say - and thought he came across well! 

It's just my opinion, and very early days, but it's the  wide and attacking midfield options that are going to be what costs us a real go at the title this season for me. Naismith is the right quality of player to change that, but even after that interview it still doesn't really sit right with me. 

On the other hand i'll be absolutely livid if we let Allan McGregor sign for fucking Hearts and stick with Foderingham instead. 

He will spend the rest of his life regretting what he did ... and so he should .... this latest outpouring of "regret" is just him laying the path for when he comes back to play in this country ..... hoping to reduce any flak he may encounter while ending his career up here.

No matter what he does to try and play down his actions .... he will rightfully be shunned for his words and actions that caused so many of our support to despise him then .... and continue to despise him now ..... "you reap what you sow" and "too little too late" ..... were never more appropriate in his instance ..... and he's not alone ... the same goes for all the other players who jumped ship and deserted us without allowing us to get recompensed via a transfer fee.

He never wanted to play for us back then and left under a deep dark shadow ... so hopefully he never get's near our Club again .... and fuck's off quietly with the rest of them into the night.

:UK:

I regret that you haven't had a career ending injury yet Steven,  you're a judas bastard and you'll never be welcomed at Ibrox again in your life,  in 50 years when I'm an old man I'd still cross the street to tell you to fuck off if I saw you at Ibrox.

Fuck off and use some other Clubs name to get yourself in the papers, oh wait no one cares about norwich or Everton. Wee prick talks about us to get in the news same as the other rhats,  fuck the lot of them, we don't need them so folk should stop wishing them back and move on,  they stabbed us in the back and none of the handwringer excuses will make us forget that

29 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Nope - listened to the interview - heard what he had to say - appreciate his work with Forces charities and dyslexia charities - how he buys season tickets for others to use, heard what he had to say - and thought he came across well! 

What's your opinion on his actions and words when he left? 

Would you take him back?