How you'd like to see us play

duffy2391

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know these threads are made every time we suffer a bad loss, but I just don't get the point.

We have a shit manager, who can't tell his arse from his elbow and will lead us further into mediocrity, so any good suggestions made in this thread will only serve to depress.

We need a driving force in midfield, two defensive midfielders playing sideways passes to each other isn't going to get us goals. We need a number 10 that has Kranjcar's vision and Durrant's legs and timing of runs into the box. We need wingers that can create chances for a striker. We need someone to take hold of a game by the scruff of the neck and dictate it. We need to be more aggressive 30 yards from goal.

As much as we lost two goals last night I firmly believe we would immediately improve our defence if we put our chances away and took our opponents confidence from them. Progres never looked like scoring until the realised that we were never going to score and it got their tails up. Had it been 2/3-0 at Ibrox and if we were 1 up away they wouldn't have had a sniff at our goal. We are our own worst enemies. 

Anyway, more aggressive and clinical in attack is the short answer to your question. 

honestly have no idea what formation suits us need to see more games to assess it, but I'd like to see a more direct approach rather than passing the ball until we lose possession constantly. 

Formation wise I'd like to see either

4-1-3-2 as we shouldn't need 2 holders against the majority of Scottish football or 3-5-2. 

I hate 4-4-2 but I think in some capacity we need to play with 2 up front. 

Guest Lloyd72

442, one target man to win headers and one quick bastard upfront that can finish, Tough tackling CMs that work hard, Quick wingers and a solid as fuck defence with a decent keeper.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

442, one target man to win headers and one quick bastard upfront that can finish, Tough tackling CMs that work hard, Quick wingers and a solid as fuck defence with a decent keeper.

Yer da just came in his pants. 

Pedros first game against Hamilton he went out and out 4-4-2 , everything that was lacking under warbs was in that performance, pressing shutting down , if full backs went forward toral tucked in , ball moved quickly , it's been a fucking unorganised shambles every since 

19 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

I know these threads are made every time we suffer a bad loss, but I just don't get the point.

We have a shit manager, who can't tell his arse from his elbow and will lead us further into mediocrity, so any good suggestions made in this thread will only serve to depress.

Had not thought about it that way. Although I've been told im a naturally depressing man.

22 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

Oh I like you could do a better job ffs that's right ye can't yet no a manager :whistle:

I enjoy watching players who can run with the ball and go by people. This is something that was badly lacking from both games and doesn't look likely unless we get new wingers in. Kenny Miller should never be played out wide. At the moment, the style of play seems to focus on the full backs getting high and getting crosses in.  

39 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Sign the players I've got listed under my name.

4-2-3-1. Foderingham; Abella, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace; Dorrans, Pena; Walker, McLean, Weiss; Naismith.

There is Aids.

There is bad Aids..

And then there is that team....

12 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

Oh I like you could do a better job ffs that's right ye can't yet no a manager :whistle:

So in order to be able to criticise someone's performance, you have to be able to do it better?

If a pilot crashed a plane, could I criticise him, even though I'm not a pilot myself?

44 minutes ago, Cobham said:

We need a driving force in midfield, two defensive midfielders playing sideways passes to each other isn't going to get us goals. We need a number 10 that has Kranjcar's vision and Durrant's legs and timing of runs into the box. We need wingers that can create chances for a striker. We need someone to take hold of a game by the scruff of the neck and dictate it. We need to be more aggressive 30 yards from goal.

As much as we lost two goals last night I firmly believe we would immediately improve our defence if we put our chances away and took our opponents confidence from them. Progres never looked like scoring until the realised that we were never going to score and it got their tails up. Had it been 2/3-0 at Ibrox and if we were 1 up away they wouldn't have had a sniff at our goal. We are our own worst enemies. 

Anyway, more aggressive and clinical in attack is the short answer to your question. 

Couldn't agree more Have a look for my Ryan jack thread ,the majority of bears slaughtered me to 

4 1 3 2 for me, where the need for 2 holding mids in scottish football comes from I don't know.

Also need 2 up front, 1 is useless when playing against packed defences as he's just marked out the game, 2nd forward means the opposition defense has more to deal with.