Union Bears, End Of Season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Fact....

You don't put in half the effort with traditional/loyalist songs you do with the ultra songs this new one you've got on the go last for fucking ages.

:lol::lol: I'm no in UB but fuckin hell.

Tell you wit, they put more effort in to singing traditional and loyalist songs than anyone else in the entire stadium. But thats no enough for you obviously. 

14 minutes ago, PRW. said:

:lol::lol: I'm no in UB but fuckin hell.

Tell you wit, they put more effort in to singing traditional and loyalist songs than anyone else in the entire stadium. But thats no enough for you obviously. 

That's a fair point btw.

If they ever get there move and i hope they do I just hope they put as much effort into songs that everyone would join in than they do with the shite that no one outwith there wee mob is interested In.

Most of the songs sung in the section are loyalist/rangers song. At the moment their is currently 2 songs that have a sort of european style and one of them is 'Every Saturday We Follow'. Not going to get in another debate on here about what songs are sung in the section, the groups only trying to keep things positive in the stands and aint going to get the backing GB get in the stands, when we cant even get some of our own supporters on side. Which is a shame.

2 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Most of the songs sung in the section are loyalist/rangers song. At the moment their is currently 2 songs that have a sort of european style and one of them is 'Every Saturday We Follow'. Not going to get in another debate on here about what songs are sung in the section, the groups only trying to keep things positive in the stands and aint going to get the backing GB get in the stands, when we cant even get some of our own supporters on side. Which is a shame.

And one of them last for ever and gets sung more than penny arcade over the tannoy.

What backing does the GB get?taig at my work says it's a library at the piggery outwith there wee section for 95% of there games.

5 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

And one of them last for ever and gets sung more than penny arcade over the tannoy.

What backing does the GB get?taig at my work says it's a library at the piggery outwith there wee section for 95% of there games.

That standing section holds about 8k though. 

Just another case of their club backing their fans that want to stand & sing and trying to improve the atmosphere whilst our board sits back and watches Ibrox get quieter and quieter. 

Just now, PRW. said:

Just another case of their club backing their vocal fans and trying to improve the atmosphere whilst ours sits back and watches Ibrox get quieter and quieter. 

Both OF's at Ibrox i thought would be the wake up call our support needed, but obviously not. 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Just another case of their club backing their fans that want to stand & sing and trying to improve the atmosphere whilst our board sits back and watches Ibrox get quieter and quieter. 

Totally agree something needs to happen.

2 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Both OF's at Ibrox i thought would be the wake up call our support needed, but obviously not. 

Absolutely brutal, shat all over off the park in both games and their players coming out and saying it "felt like a home game". 

Embarrassing to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

They chant over TBO all the time too.

Not true at all. The Blue Order haven't been a 'group' for a good year and a half now, more so a banner than anything else. I'm 100% sure any TBO lad and proper ex-TBO will say the same thing. There's just no way in BF1 you can sing over a handful of guys up the back of BF4.

20 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

Not true at all. The Blue Order haven't been a 'group' for a good year and a half now, more so a banner than anything else. I'm 100% sure any TBO lad and proper ex-TBO will say the same thing. There's just no way in BF1 you can sing over a handful of guys up the back of BF4.

Are there tensions between yourselves and TBO? I seem to remember both groups being in BF1 then TBO moved back to BF5 midway through a season. 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, the new songs are nearly all shite and they do a lot of singing only them. Even in videos posted on social media it's always that ole super Rangers gash.

As I said earlier, it's tragic that they don't join in or support anyone else that's singing different to them. 

Im not making excuses for people not joining in with the old songs they do sing, im merely pointing out that the foreign stuff is wank and they don't help anyone else that tries to start a song around them.

It's like their hoping to get congratulated on Facebook by Lazio ultras or something so they sing songs that sound like all the European ultras' songs

But the fact is there is only two songs that sound like that, they sing loads of songs, and they don't refuse to sing songs started in other parts of the stadium, and we are all delusional or making it up

4 hours ago, Three stripes said:

1min 21 seconds they sing it  every game

There is a lot of bullshit in this thread but this one takes tops the lot. 

That video is from 2012 for fuck sake, genuinely the same season we went in to administration :lol:. We do not sing that song 'every game' that is a genuine lie because we binned that 3 seasons ago. If you're so sure we sing that then video us at the next home game you're at and then quote me in here with the video, but this will never, ever happen because that isn't true.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are a lot of posts about songs but there are only four 'euro-styled' songs the UB sing at the moment:

'Super Rangers Ole' - A song Rangers fans (not UB) took from Hamburg and their Super Hamburg Ole, years before UB were in BF1 and years before UB had any real presence at games.

'Every Saturday We Follow' - which can be accused of being over done at times, but has taken off very well with other fans at games.

Glasgow Rangers - to this tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34auu9kBgIM (although taken from Copenhagen I believe)

'In Barcelona, in 1972' - which has been about for years now.

Not very many at all and certainly not all we sing. Facts are UB sing more traditional Rangers songs than euro-styled songs and sing more loyalist songs than euro-styled songs (despite being the target of filming) and anyone is free to prove otherwise from any game this season. The funny thing is the types of songs we would like to get going are songs like 'A trip to Ibrox Park', 'Rangers Over Here' and 'La Reve Passe - The Rangers Story'. Unfortunately the truth of it is Ibrox singing traditional Rangers songs is a big problem, they don't catch on about the stadium and get better participation at away games.

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

It's like their hoping to get congratulated on Facebook by Lazio ultras or something so they sing songs that sound like all the European ultras' songs

But the fact is there is only two songs that sound like that, they sing loads of songs, and they don't refuse to sing songs started in other parts of the stadium, and we are all delusional or making it up

Feel free to video at any home games and prove otherwise, genuinely.

3 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

There is a lot of bullshit in this thread but this one takes tops the lot. 

That video is from 2012 for fuck sake, genuinely the same season we went in to administration :lol:. We do not sing that song 'every game' that is a genuine lie because we binned that 3 seasons ago. If you're so sure we sing that then video us at the next home game you're at and then quote me in here with the video, but this will never, ever happen because that isn't true.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are a lot of posts about songs but there are only four 'euro-styled' songs the UB sing at the moment:

'Super Rangers Ole' - A song Rangers fans (not UB) took from Hamburg and their Super Hamburg Ole, years before UB were in BF1 and years before UB had any real presence at games.

'Every Saturday We Follow' - which can be accused of being over done at times, but has taken off very well with other fans at games.

Glasgow Rangers - to this tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34auu9kBgIM (although taken from Copenhagen I believe)

'In Barcelona, in 1972' - which has been about for years now.

Not very many at all and certainly not all we sing. Facts are UB sing more traditional Rangers songs than euro-styled songs and sing more loyalist songs than euro-styled songs (despite being the target of filming) and anyone is free to prove otherwise from any game this season. The funny thing is the types of songs we would like to get going are songs like 'A trip to Ibrox Park', 'Rangers Over Here' and 'La Reve Passe - The Rangers Story'. Unfortunately the truth of it is Ibrox singing traditional Rangers songs is a big problem, they don't catch on about the stadium and get better participation at away games.

The every Saturday we follow song is pretty catchy tbf :tu:

21 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Are there tensions between yourselves and TBO? I seem to remember both groups being in BF1 then TBO moved back to BF5 midway through a season. 

There are no tensions between us and TBO and many members of UB are friends with what were members of TBO, there were also a few TBO at our anniversary party at the weekend.

My personal opinion is TBO were on a downward spiral and in 2013 roughly the "ultras scene" was at its peak strictly in terms of numbers, and so the image of the UB was more appealing to those interested in that style of support and that didn't really benefit TBO in the end; but we're all Rangers fans at the end of the day so whatever gets the atmosphere the loudest is the most important thing.

6 hours ago, Sket said:

Displays and banners are spot on but 90% of their songbook is fucking cringeworthy shite.

This.

The videos from Leipzig were superb all those Bears walking in the snow going to the game only to be ruined by that cancerous owayowaowoway pish.

Ibrox needs a standing section either in the Copland front or the Enclosure but they seriously need to give those "ultra" songs a bye,the amount of times the Govan start belting out a few staunch songs then the UB try to top it is ambrassing.

Displays are top notch though can't fault the boys for that at all.