Ace In The Pack

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a player is out on the pitch and has all that space then that's when you see what they're really made of. 

There has been terrible trainers in the past who made wonderful players - Gazza being a prime example. 

And there's also those who give their all in training, look amazing but when it comes to the game they can't do anything right. A lot of it comes down to character. 

Gazza was unplayable on his day but doesn't exactly strike you as the type who would have stood out on training exercises..

26 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I heard from my ex-wifes postman's cousin that the lads have been camped out in Nandos since the Progresse game and only Lee Wallace has shown up for training.

Wouldn't be surprised mate. All sorts of chicken being eaten in that place

Big Herrera 

Also OT but the rumours about Pena being rubbish come from Timposters on sites like Rangers rumours etc. Apparently all our players just spend all day fighting each other in square goes as well?

2 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

I posted elsewhere that I have heard from a present member of staff and a former player independently of each other that Pena is a donkey. I sincerely hope once he gets match fit he proves them wrong. 

Surely cany have a nickname like Gullit if you're shite 

Just watched a few YouTube videos there and big man looks decent. Times his runs into the box well. Will bang in 10+ goals this season 

Jak Alnwick. 

I don't rate Wes, he might be a good shot stopper but that's only one part of being keeper. Doesn't have any command of his box and I've lost count of the amount of goals he's been responsible for. I can't even remember the last time I saw him come out for a cross. Absolutely howling keeper. 

7 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Jak Alnwick. 

I don't rate Wes, he might be a good shot stopper but that's only one part of being keeper. Doesn't have any command of his box and I've lost count of the amount of goals he's been responsible for. I can't even remember the last time I saw him come out for a cross. Absolutely howling keeper. 

I don't see what people see on him, he's rank.

Standout player will be Jack. He's looked really comfortable since he arrived, and will get better.

Jack, Alves and Cardoso will be solid performers throughout the season.

I want Pena and Dorrans to become the best midfielders in the league, Penas price tag and Dorrans career say that on paper they should be. 

I think Morelos will be the ace in the pack though. Hopefully 20+ goals in the league this season then we can tout him to Man City for £30054829 dembele dollars. 

36 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

When a player is out on the pitch and has all that space then that's when you see what they're really made of. 

There has been terrible trainers in the past who made wonderful players - Gazza being a prime example. 

And there's also those who give their all in training, look amazing but when it comes to the game they can't do anything right. A lot of it comes down to character. 

Gazza was unplayable on his day but doesn't exactly strike you as the type who would have stood out on training exercises..

To be fair, at least Gazza turned up for training whereas Slim Jim rarely bothered.  Would loved to have seen both in the same team.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I don't see what people see on him, he's rank.

Standout player will be Jack. He's looked really comfortable since he arrived, and will get better.

Was at fault for the 2nd against Progres imo, the defence didn't really do him any favours but should have been his all day long. As bad as the rest of pish from last season, hopefully PC sees that and might see a Alnwick get a chance. 

1 minute ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Was at fault for the 2nd against Progres imo, the defence didn't really do him any favours but should have been his all day long. As bad as the rest of pish from last season, hopefully PC sees that and might see a Alnwick get a chance. 

Why he jumped to the side when the ball was in flight was beyond me. Then "dives" but lands where he took off from. He's shit.

Nearly cost us in the first half with his awful positioning at a free kick.

Fod and Windass cost us that game.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Why he jumped to the side when the ball was in flight was beyond me. Then "dives" but lands where he took off from. He's shit.

100%, he was flapping even before the ball came, looked completely lost and it was almost inevitable he'd concede.

Fod gives me the fear every corner/cross/fk we face. He's a decent shot-stopper but that's where it starts and finishes with him. 

Who knows if Alnwick is the answer but he deserves to be given the chance, thought he looked solid against st johnstone and made a good save with his feet to keep us ahead. He was getting good reviews down south and would have been picked up by a championship or league 1 promotion chasing club if we hadn't taken him. I looked into him when he signed and thought we'd got a real gem. 

Pena for me. Then again, Alves is unmistakeable class. And Dorrans been doing it at a good level for years.

Considering none of them played in the Luxembourg shambles, plus we've still to properly see Herrera, I'm actually feeling quite upbeat about the coming season again.

Another high quality signing or two would be ideal though

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Jak Alnwick. 

Not very many.

31 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Bates defensively for the first was to blame.

Defence in general for the second.

Kranjcar's sitter.

Jack missed a couple of very good chances.

We've got the best keeper in the country.