Have the players given Pedro a chance?

MrMckee

It's irrelevant. To a man we all knew they players were a disgusting collection of duds and imposters. More should have been done to get rid of more of them. It doesn't help when Pedro talks up our useless and inept captain, plays Miller out of position, makes Holt and Waghorn a starter this season etc etc. These are his basic errors and misjudgements which have now cost him his job in the eyes of many. I've never known a Rangers support to turn so quickly on any Rangers but this guy makes it so easy. He's a disaster. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Why not?

It's embarrassing.

Not played a competitive game with the majority of HIS squad available.

Warburtons duds are as much to blame for the European exit as he is.

He may turn out to be shit, but deserves a chance, with his own players.

These polls about who is going to replace him are ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

No Scottlish team in 5 years has done do, except the scum who dropped in to the competition.

He was still playing with most of the dross from last season.

Money comes into it big time. Where have you been living? Where's the money coming from for a new manager and player? Oh wait a minute!

He may well be a shite football manager, but only time will tell, not one fucking tie with a team full of last season's dross.

We have no God given right to win fuck all. We are NOT who we were in footballing terms. Successive boards and managers have seen to that.

He should have been able to beat the teams we've played with half the budget he's had. 

You can dress it up any way you want.  Pre season games don't matter, give the new players a chance to gel, bad luck (hitting the bar against Progres) but at the end of the day Pedro is rank and probably most of his players are too.

The majority here thought that before he came in and he has done nothing to change minds.

A few optimistic weeks when the cheque book was brought out have been well and truly extinguished and now we are shitting it that we have been left with more duds that a new manager won't be able to do anything with.  It isn't about the players giving Pedro a chance.  I've never felt so pessimistic as a fan, and that includes the McCoist era

I,m sure every critic, myself included, would love Pedro to prove us wrong, I,m not that far from retiring and have worked under good managers and bad managers. You can tell pretty quickly which is which and seldom do they prove you wrong.

Football players are no different and guys like Miller who have worked under a lot of managers will have made his mind up early doors about Pedro. If and it is an if, the stories coming out of Auchenhowie are to be believed then we,re in trouble.

The early signs after the two worst results in our history are that he doesn,t know his arse from his elbow in any language.

10 minutes ago, Budswiser said:

I,m sure every critic, myself included, would love Pedro to prove us wrong, I,m not that far from retiring and have worked under good managers and bad managers. You can tell pretty quickly which is which and seldom do they prove you wrong.

Football players are no different and guys like Miller who have worked under a lot of managers will have made his mind up early doors about Pedro. If and it is an if, the stories coming out of Auchenhowie are to be believed then we,re in trouble.

The early signs after the two worst results in our history are that he doesn,t know his arse from his elbow in any language.

Good insider info there Kenny, cheers. 

4 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Have you forgotten about zizkov and Kaunas?  Back then we had far far better players especially against zizkov and went out with a whimper

You say that like that Luxembourg embarrassesment was a one-off for Pedro and his team - Smith and McLeish earned the right for their teams to have off nights, Pedro hasn't

Pedro has single handedly overseen probably the 3 worst/most embarrassing results in my years going to Rangers games in the space of about 5-months which is some doing. 

Waken up to what's in front of you mate

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

It's embarrassing.

Not played a competitive game with the majority of HIS squad available.

Warburtons duds are as much to blame for the European exit as he is.

He may turn out to be shit, but deserves a chance, with his own players.

These polls about who is going to replace him are ridiculous.

Warburton with his 'duds' would have won by about 5 goals on aggregate.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

You say that like that Luxembourg embarrassesment was a one-off for Pedro and his team - Smith and McLeish earned the right for their teams to have off nights, Pedro hasn't

Pedro has single handedly overseen probably the 3 worst/most embarrassing results in my years going to Rangers games in the space of about 5-months which is some doing. 

Waken up to what's in front of you mate

Except it's not his team yet.  I don't think you can call it his team until his players are in and playing his system.  

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Except it's not his team yet.  I don't think you can call it his team until his players are in and playing his system.  

Of course it's his team. He's responsible. 

Whether it's they're against him, out to get him, or not giving him a chance is not crystal clear.

What was clear was thetge lethargy I saw in both Europa games which was awful. And mistakes costing us goals and forwards in particular not scoring most of the pre-season.

I can accept missed chances thus early but not the appearance of not giving a fuck.

If they're going to cost him his job I hope to fuck he goes out with a bang and rockets a few of them. And I include those he's tried to big up as being essential to let the new guys understand what being a Ranger is, ie Miller and Wallace.

Players getting off big time here whatever folk think of the manager.

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Yes he's responsible, but your at it, claiming it's his team.

Competitive minutes for Dorrans and Bruno?

He picks them, trains them and sends them out. It's his team. 

Dorrans and Alves will be two terrific signings imo but good signings alone doesn't cut it if the manager is hopeless. 

Say in October when the players he's signed have played a few games and the results are still dire there will be a whole raft of new excuses like we seen with McCoist and then Warburton - there's always excuses.

19 hours ago, TBagalag said:

I don't think the majority of Warburton's signings can play never mind want to play. It's also looking like Pedro is out of his depth so lose, lose all round. Hopefully I'm wrong but I fear another miserable season.

Hate to say but I'm finding it hard to disagree with you.

I'd hoped the influx of signings would be a good thing, then we got embarrassed in Luxembourg, then we fail to beat the saints from Perth and I fear we'll be handed our collective arses by Marseille.

I think I'll imitate an ostrich and bury my head in the sand this season.

8 minutes ago, OhW said:

Has there ever been another manager in history that has been allowed the "not my players" excuse as much as Pedro?

Pedro himself said he assumes full responsibility for Progres.

Yeah we have a petty common history.

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

Has there ever been another manager in history that has been allowed the "not my players" excuse as much as Pedro?

Pedro himself said he assumes full responsibility for Progres.

Everyone in any job pretty much.

I look after a large estate.  I'm not responsible for the shite I've inherited but I'm responsible for doing something about it.  That can range from demolishing stuff, maintaining or re-building. Same with a football team, if you're given a turd, you can try and polish it or get rid of it.