Jump to content

Neil Alexander "I never wanted to leave Rangers"


Guest Lloyd72
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Didn't he demand a wage in the region of £10k/week and that's why we got rid of him?

I'm sure he wanted a 2 year contract on £5k a week, but we were only offering a 1 year deal that was closer to £10k. Sounds mad but I'm sure that's what the situation was, could be talking pure shite however.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As said above we would have been better keeping him rather than getting calamity bell between the sticks. Put it down to being part of the banter years...

 

The man was in goals for Manchester and the penalties in Florence, that's what is important to me. A perfect deputy who we shouldn't have let go.

Far worse, have taken far more, giving far less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

The same Alexander that tried to drag us through the courts for money it turns out he wasn't entitled to.

Or am I mistaken? was it someone else?

He originally won around 100k in damages but the club appealed it - no idea of the outcome.

Spent most of his time as McGregors #2 and was on obscene wages for a goalkeeper in Div 3.

No ill feeling, but don't mourn his loss either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The same Alexander that tried to drag us through the courts for money it turns out he wasn't entitled to.

Or am I mistaken? was it someone else?

I don't think it was through the courts per se I think it was SFA tribunal.

And yeah we won the appeal using an argument, that to be fair I would be pissed off if it was used to defeat a claim I had, that relied on the fact Allan McGregor wasn't transferred.

I think we also tried to reduce his contract from 10k a week down to around 3k and that's why he left. 

I'm a bit torn on this one cause on one hand if he had refused TUPE then he would be in the Naismith basket but instead he stayed and they didn't really honour the contract he transferred over.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think it was through the courts per se I think it was SFA tribunal.

And yeah we won the appeal using an argument, that to be fair I would be pissed off if it was used to defeat a claim I had, that relied on the fact Allan McGregor wasn't transferred.

I think we also tried to reduce his contract from 10k a week down to around 3k and that's why he left. 

I'm a bit torn on this one cause on one hand if he had refused TUPE then he would be in the Naismith basket but instead he stayed and they didn't really honour the contract he transferred over.

 

 

It was the SPFL for a breach of contract. Rangers argued that McGregor didn't technically transfer away so it was invalid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was the courts for a breach of contract.

I'd have to look it up but i'm 99% it was either SFA or SPFL tribunal.

I think he had the option of Civil Court after Rangers won the appeal but i'm pretty sure he never took that step. I'm happy to be corrected I didn't follow it that closely. 

@The Dude

Edit: 'Alexander, left, who quit Ibrox last year, was able to persuade an SPFL panel his wages should have risen when Gers No.1 Allan McGregor switched to Besiktas in 2012.' Source: http://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/neil-alexander-wins-84k-compensation-4825598 

"An independent SPFL tribunal awarded the former Ibrox goalkeeper £84,000 in December after ruling that the club had breached his contract.
But SunSport understands an SFA appeals panel last week reversed the decision after backing Rangers’ argument." Can't find the original article but that is posted in this thread: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd have to look it up but i'm 99% it was either SFA or SPFL tribunal.

I think he had the option of Civil Court after Rangers won the appeal but i'm pretty sure he never took that step. I'm happy to be corrected I didn't follow it that closely. 

Aye it was the SPFL (fuck knows why I wrote courts). It was essentially an employment tribunal as they are the arbiters of contract disputes before it potentially goes to civil courts. IIRC they serve a similar role to what ACAS do in general employment stuff. After the appeal it became essentially worthless to continue given the time and expense already involved and the relative size of Alexander's payout (£84k)

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye it was the SPFL (fuck knows why I wrote courts). It was essentially an employment tribunal as they are the arbiters of contract disputes before it potentially goes to civil courts. IIRC they serve a similar role to what ACAS do in general employment stuff. After the appeal it became essentially worthless to continue given the time and expense already involved and the relative size of Alexander's payout (£84k)

I actually feel a bit bad about the whole thing. I mean the intention of the contract was probably that he was going to be N1 and it more than likely served the form of a loyalty bonus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I actually feel a bit bad about the whole thing. I mean the intention of the contract was probably that he was going to be N1 and it more than likely served the form of a loyalty bonus.

Just another of Green's masterstrokes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Dude said:

The whole thing does.The reduced offer was pretty much him just being a dick.

Yeah. I can sort of see why he was offered that - 3k a week in the SPFL League 1 is about 15/16/17x times the wages of the best strikers in that division.

But he did deserve to be treated better, he probably had made financial decisions based on his expected wage, and he had been a loyal servant.

I don't like how he handled the press though. Talking about these sorts of things publicly for me is not the Rangers way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The whole thing does.The reduced offer was pretty much him just being a dick.

So as the blogger for DR what are your views on A.The recent Marseilles game, B. The nonsense in another fans  group latest pronouncement that was heavily featured in your paper, C. How can you do this without thinking to yourself why??? Before you answer I know you have bills to pay like every other person but you must understand how much this riles people on here and no doubt across your friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...