Windass Up Front ?

tannerall

16 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Sure he has played up top before.

Had a good game, if he can maintain it for a number of weeks then we will have a player on our hands.

He didn't have a good game he had a brilliant half an hour,rest of the game you wouldn't have knew he was on the park

3 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

I think we will get more from Morelos than the big Mexican he looked good for the short period of time that he was on

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He did he links up well and gets himself in good positions I actually thought he out performed Herrera in his short time on the Pitch.

Absolutely. Morelos should be starting mid-week.

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

He didn't have a good game he had a brilliant half an hour,rest of the game you wouldn't have knew he was on the park

He had a decent game. Compare today to what he served up last year, it was a huge improvement.

He is clearly building in confidence. Also most of the second half we were on the back foot and he grafted away. 

He is improving and all we can ask.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Obviously, but first game of the season, and away from home where the three points were the most crucical thing to take from the match; using his ability to change his pace brilliantly at times; changing the direction of play one way, then another; nearly scored two wonder goals, maybe three; and then kept a lot of composure throughout the game. The game changed in the second half, and rightly so, because it had to; but he played well, for the whole game.

He has to learn to pass rather than shoot as he could have had at least two assists today, then again we created 15 chances and hit the goals twice we badly need quality up front something we all know.

Just now, Smile said:

He has to learn to pass rather than shoot as he could have had at least two assists today, then again we created 15 chances and hit the goals twice we badly need quality up front something we all know.

I thought he passed quite well, and when I watch the match either tonight, or very early tomorrow morning I might get a better impression on that aspect, but I thought he found the player well, and his sense of what was going on around him, either with our players theirs appeared very good.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's how i saw it as well was unplayable for twenty to thirty minutes then he was a waste of a jersey.

I think that's a bit strong; clearly if we win, and it being our first competitive game of the season since the shambles in Europe, then they all did well. The defence wasn't as good as I expected, and I include the midfield in that; hopefully we get that part sorted very soon.

He's finally coming to life in the role he's been asked to play in. Wasn't in the game much in the second half.

In the first half he was moving all around the midfield, even ending up on the right at times, but in the second half he was fairly static. Hopefully he was told to stick to the left by Pedro and didn't just decide he couldn't be fucked anymore.

Need to see way more of him in that sort of form before he wins over a lot of people.

Yes but no.

Yes - because he could do well and clearly has a decent shot on him

No - because he is the left winger we have been needing for ages and I dont want to compromise that position.

He is playing well in the left wing position so I dont think we should risk it just now and replace him with ( who ?? )