Kenny Miller

stewaj3

8 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's "the best we have" because the others haven't been here lisng enough, not because he's better than them

Mate What a load of pish that IS, so your saying IF we signed say CR7 Miller would be our best player because he has been here longer?  He IS first pick as he IS producing not because he has been here the longest.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, piperpete said:

Mate What a load of pish that IS, so your saying IF we signed say CR7 Miller would be our best player because he has been here longer?  He IS first pick as he IS producing not because he has been here the longest.

No I'm not saying he's the best because he's been here longest I'm saying he's best because the others have not been here long enough to prove themselves to be better than him. 

Miller, Herrera, and Morelos are 3 different types of player and I think its great we have those options in the squad.

The thing about Miller is despite his age he still has pace, is still very sharp, and very fit. That's a credit to him when you look at players like Rooney who are a lot younger and have lost all of that. He clearly looks after himself.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Miller, Herrera, and Morelos are 3 different types of player and I think its great we have those options in the squad.

The thing about Miller is despite his age he still has pace, is still very sharp, and very fit. That's a credit to him when you look at players like Rooney who are a lot younger and have lost all of that. He clearly looks after himself.

for a 38 year old he is in terrific shape, i'll grant him that.

He did well last night, but his dropping deep hinders us big time. It's a worry quite frankly. 

Is he instructed to do it? Not sure. 

He isolates our main striker, which isn't good. When he was in and around the box he was fine, when he's at the halfway line he's a man down. 

Not seen enough of Herrera or Morelos, but we won't win the league with Miller as our main CF. 

9 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Miller is earning his wage right now. I thought that he'd be rested tonight, but Pedro must have a lot of faith in him to be able to start both games. He never gives up, always trying when we've got the ball, or not. A Rangers legend? He answered the call when he was needed most. His time at the taigs doesn't help his cause, but he realised his mistake, and came home again, not once, but twice, and he's still scoring goals for us...?

No, never.

3 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Bit harsh saying he is not even close. In terms of appearance and goal stats, as well as honours won, he's surpassed a few others who are probably in the "legend" category.

No it's not.

For me he's still first choice striker. 

Until we bring in someone better, or Morelos and Herrera form a worthy partnership then it's should be Miller and one other. 

To say Miller shouldn't be in our team at the minute is ridiculous, if we're looking at it from who we currently have and what they've shown. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

He is most effective when he just concentrates on being a striker, his impact on the team and his own performance reduces when he decides to wander all over the pitch 

I disagree with this - he no longer plays as an out and out striker - or a loan striker ( a role he revelled in) he is often in that number 10 type role - something that has happened over the last couple of seasons and something I think he is very good at. Last night he was exceptional.  

My one big criticism is on here plenty, the dropping deep.

I get why he did it in his first season back as we were pish and we had Ian black and Nicky law in midfield. 

His second season I thought he was the catalyst for the entire season. His attitude and Warburton's signings round him led to us having a really good enjoyable year. The best in a long time.

Third season he should have been told better players are being brought in focus on staying up front, but Warburton and best In the businesses signings were pish mostly so he kept trying to do what he was doing.

Current season same message should have been applied, but given that caixinha used him in midfield the season before it's like he's been told to drop off still. Guess we have to see how that works out. 

Folk pointing out it's Dunfermline but when is the last performance you've seen like that. Warburton had a couple in the championship and was then found out.

This is the most encouraged I've been since then.

9 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Miller is earning his wage right now. I thought that he'd be rested tonight, but Pedro must have a lot of faith in him to be able to start both games. He never gives up, always trying when we've got the ball, or not. A Rangers legend? He answered the call when he was needed most. His time at the taigs doesn't help his cause, but he realised his mistake, and came home again, not once, but twice, and he's still scoring goals for us...?

He has earned his wage since he came back. He has kept himself in shape and still has a passion to win. I will admit wasn't happy with his "Tarrier" connection but made me think again.

He's playing well right now, but I think over the course of this season we'll see less and less of Kenny.

As Morelos settles in (he did well enough last night) he will be our first pick striker. Then Pedro has the option of Herrera beside him if we need to bully big centre halfs or kenny to pick out a pass or make the run behind. By the end of the season I'd hope to see Morelos & Hererra starting most games and kenny coming on late in the game to pick a way past tired defenders.