Stokes Assaulting Tav

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Missed sportscene, was it mentioned?

Aye, Stokes could've went for the Tav assault but no mention why Tav got booked. You then have the Jack sending off, they showed you it from the side and it looks like Stokes sticks his head in, but that won't do so they go to a different angle that showed it like Jack sticks his head in and there you have it he's guilty. Oh and Stokes was foolish for getting involved because he was on a yellow card  

Nothing mentioned about it changing the game and the multiple yellow card fouls from Hibs that went unpunished. A little side note at the end that wee neil is a jolly craicster but bless him he can take it too far at times. 

17 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

The fact that he was booked for the instance means that the SFA can not overturn or further discipline the player as action has been taken by the ref.

i could be wrong but I am sure that's the rules 

And when he had Jack by the throat He was not booked for that and that was also a straight red l along with the illegal last man clothes line on Morelos which was another straight red. 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

And when he had Jack by the throat He was not booked for that and that was also a straight red l along with the illegal last man clothes line on Morelos which was another straight red. 

Then you have the baldy cunt kicking anything in a Blue jersey into the air and still managed only one yellow  

Just watched the highlights. Absolutely astonishing how that cunt hadn't been sent off. Its a clear sign of unnessecary aggression - perhaps motivated by sectarian hatred. He then grabs Ryan Jack by the throat in a later incident before going head to head with him. The precedent had already been set previously when Stokes got a booking for a sleeperhold on Tavernier, so he SHOULD have been dismissed for a second yellow. 

If the first incident is handled correctly, the second incident doesn't happen and therefore Brother Beaton has a grip of the game. He had no control whatsoever.

Regardless of our performance,  of which the highlights doesn't necessarily show, if the Referee does his job properly and efficiently its 11 v 10, and rightly so. Rangers go on to win the game and claim 6 from a possible 6.

Next week we start again. Jack's red should be overturned to a yellow at least (going on the already set precedent) and Stokes given a ban. 

Then again, this is Scotland. Stokes will have his yellow overturned and Jack suspended for 3 games. :duh:

17 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Just watched the highlights. Absolutely astonishing how that cunt hadn't been sent off. Its a clear sign of unnessecary aggression - perhaps motivated by sectarian hatred. He then grabs Ryan Jack by the throat in a later incident before going head to head with him. The precedent had already been set previously when Stokes got a booking for a sleeperhold on Tavernier, so he SHOULD have been dismissed for a second yellow. 

If the first incident is handled correctly, the second incident doesn't happen and therefore Brother Beaton has a grip of the game. He had no control whatsoever.

Regardless of our performance,  of which the highlights doesn't necessarily show, if the Referee does his job properly and efficiently its 11 v 10, and rightly so. Rangers go on to win the game and claim 6 from a possible 6.

Next week we start again. Jack's red should be overturned to a yellow at least (going on the already set precedent) and Stokes given a ban. 

Then again, this is Scotland. Stokes will have his yellow overturned and Jack suspended for 3 games. :duh:

Jack will be banned mate and deserved the red you cant motion forward with your head. I'll say this tho some say jack was daft etc I will happily accept red cards if he or  anyone else is willing to show that fight for the club. Maybe it might cost us but its been badly missing for years. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Jack will be banned mate and deserved the red you cant motion forward with your head. I'll say this tho some say jack was daft etc I will happily accept red cards if he or  anyone else is willing to show that fight for the club. Maybe it might cost us but its been badly missing for years. 

He will be, no doubt about it. You also cannot behave the way Stokes did on several occasions so therefore on the precedent set by the ref things should undoubtedly have been balanced up. This is where for me the anger comes from. 

However, I am still slightly encouraged about our squad and am itching for a good result on Saturday. Again I'll miss the game so will rely on the auld livescores.com for updates but fingers crossed and no surrender.