Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Siam69

9 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

Yes. But that's not the position of the statement. The statement is focussed on our support gasping in shock that Lennon gestured at us when his team scored. It's not about inconsistency.....it should be. 

Halliday decision was wrong and if we want to use lack of action re Lennon as an example of inconsistency, fine. But we shouldn't be calling for action against Lennon, not in this instance.

Is it your stance that Rangers supporters (how ever many) have no right to be offended and offended by a man who is seen by some as a voice in Scottish football ?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Is it your stance that Rangers supporters (how ever many) have no right to be offended and offended by a man who is seen by some as a voice in Scottish football ?

No, I gave two historical examples of his behaviour where I think it's reasonable to be offended by him....orange bastards episode and spit on Rangers scarf episode. 

Its ok to be offended where the offence is real. I have to question how people cope in the big bad world though if they are truly offended by anything he did on Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I always become concerned when people start introducing  things during a discussion which are infactual and erroneous..

Im struggling to find anything in the Club 1872 statement which would qualify as "gasping in shock". Just for simplicty here it is in full.

Releasing a 7 paragraph formal statement to me is very much 'gasping in shock' at his antics. No comparisons, no talk of 'inconsistency'.....just (mock) offence taken by what Lennon did on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

No, I gave two historical examples of his behaviour where I think it's reasonable to be offended by him....orange bastards episode and spit on Rangers scarf episode. 

Its ok to be offended where the offence is real. I have to question how people cope in the big bad world though if they are truly offended by anything he did on Saturday. 

Do you not class a GIRUY as an offensive gesture m8, would you be happy if this gesture was made to your wife, granny or child? All of whom could have been in the crowd, maybe we should allow all the players to do the  same thing to the opposition after a goal, I'm sure no one would be offended :pipe:

14 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

You continue to use the word "offended" yet I am yet to meet a bear who has claimed to be "offended" by Lennon's actions. Angry yes at the irresponsible and provocative nature of his conduct - but offended ? - no.

Nor does that statement suggest offence being taken but refers to inflammatory gestures during a match which the Police had characterised as high risk due to the previous meeting of the clubs and its conclusion.

Furthermore his behaviour is inconsistent and at odds with the summation of a sheriff when on the field incidents met with that big bad world you refer to.

Screenshot_328.thumb.png.b596e8c356913612af9123991d1c3981.png

1 hour ago, ScotBear said:

What doesn't the daily mail get offended by. 

If we want to throw up past examples to illustrate why we feel there has been different treatment towards our players/managers, fair enough. But it shouldn't mean we change our stance so that we have this mock offence culture just because one of our players got harshly treated in the past. 

Remember Lennon got a security Guard sacked as he was mock offended by a gesture he made in a Picture. 

58 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

Because of his history and behaviour in the past and the fact this isn't a one time thing

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Nobody should be offended by a couple of stupid gestures :lol: Especially not to report him to the polis, or make a full statement :lol: 

Me calling him a wanker, along with thousands of other was just as offensive.

8 hours ago, ScotBear said:

I was happy enough to agree to disagree with you last night. 

But you have suddenly decided to just start making up shit to try and win a debate. 

No nobody is offended for the final fucking time. 

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Do you not class a GIRUY as an offensive gesture m8, would you be happy if this gesture was made to your wife, granny or child? All of whom could have been in the crowd, maybe we should allow all the players to do the  same thing to the opposition after a goal, I'm sure no one would be offended :pipe:

Yeah I'm sure the mutants from the east end , would just love us doing that at their dump .

They are most hypocritical supporters in world football

9 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

You seem to be the only one talking about being "offended".

Im not offended -I'm livid at the considerable inconsistency at play here.

If an official deems a gesture worthy of a red card suggesting it has the potential to incite a riot shouldnt we reasonably expect that to be appllied evenly and across the board ?

Exactly! 

It's dead simples.

We don't want different treatment, nor better treatment. We simply want equality. A level.playing field. Consistency. Whether it be from football officialdom, plod, the courts, or from whomever.

It is clearly obvious that all to do with Rangers a different standard is being applied. Whether it be to our managers, players or fans, we for reasons of bigotry and hatred are being singled out for different treatment. Judged by a different standard for reasons of prejudice and punished accordingly.

I dont have the answers to it, but one thing we should not do, is accept this prejudice in silence.