Win or walk for Pedro today?

Virtuoso

Win or walk?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding todays result (cheating ref's aside)...

• A win or he walks / sacked?
    • A draw being acceptable?
    • Needs more time?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I voted 'Win or walk/be sacked', but he won't walk or be sacked.

It'll be October or November when he's sacked or walks. If he ends enough post-match interviews with "we are the people", he might hang-on until Christmas. By that point, yet another season will have been wasted, having made zero progress.

I don't even remotely rate this guy, nor 90% of his signings, and I don't think we have time for another fucking dud like Warburton.

He isn't even worthy of a place in the Blue Room's mural of all our former managers.

Its going to get to the stage where they're winning seven, eight-in-a-row and we're getting desperate to stop ten, so we're throwing everything and anything at it, just like Warburton and Caixinha.

Without getting into the rest of your post (which I agree with) - giving him until October / November is too late.

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to fail, or wants us to get beat.

But I sense there's plenty would take a loss if they knew the bullet was guaranteed as a result  of it.

It's shitty way to look at it, but tbh i got to that stage with mccoist.

I'm miles away from that with Pedro and can see a good style of play emerging. He needs it delivered soon, with points, otherwise it'll be too late for him.

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We are going to have this thread every single match until he walks/the season ends, aren't we?

Did we have a poll for the previous two games? Today's game is different.

What's interesting is that (until now) - no one thinks a draw is acceptable. So it's win or lose time for Pedro...

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't think there's anyone who wants him to fail, or wants us to get beat.

But I sense there's plenty would take a loss if they knew the bullet was guaranteed as a result  of it.

It's shitty way to look at it, but tbh i got to that stage with mccoist.

I'm miles away from that with Pedro and can see a good style of play emerging. He needs it delivered soon, with points, otherwise it'll be too late for him.

That's a fair post. 

Even if you don't particularly rate Pedro so far, we should not get rid of him without giving him a decent amount of time to see if he can turn things round (one season absolute minimum imo).

If we get into the process of sacking managers after less than 6 months because they don't hit the ground running, it will be a long time before we get back to the top.  There are plenty of teams down south who have shown how unsuccessful chasing success by constantly changing managers can be.

I mind when Pedro first came in folk were very vocal about the fact that the buck must stop at the board if Pedro fails

Depending how we play a defeat should be the end of Pedro but the board need to be made to answer as well

They've got a nice wee buffer in Pedro and the DOF now and fans aren't taking them to task

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

I mind when Pedro first came in folk were very vocal about the fact that the buck must stop at the board if Pedro fails

Depending how we play a defeat should be the end of Pedro but the board need to be made to answer as well

They've got a nice wee buffer in Pedro and the DOF now and fans aren't taking them to task

To be fair to the board, Pedro talks a good game. 

These threads are fucking grim. 

Pedro needs to get the team performing consistently, words are fine action is better. I think Hearts will come out kicking, it will be telling how Rangers react to that. I expect a win. I will judge after the septic game if he has my backing.

Last week I had had a few beers  and was well pissed about his tactics. In fairness we would have won with 11 men on the park. We look a better side than we have done for a few years so he is going in the right direction but I still have me doubts. If we don't win he won't be sacked but it won't help his position.

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Good post.

I'm far from convinced by him so far but if Pedro fails then whoever plumped for him should be held accountable as well. Perhaps more importantly, they shouldn't be involved in appointing his replacement as well.

Imo there's only one manager capable of overhauling the Tims with their current financial advantage but we as a club shouldn't be relying on Walter.

unless we spend big on a few players and I'm talking between 3-5 million on say 4 real quality players then we'll be 2/3 place while the tranny shagger is at park head.  

So even if a few get their wish and he goes- it will still be the same outcome in may. Taigs champions and us and the sheep 20 behind

5 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Good post.

I'm far from convinced by him so far but if Pedro fails then whoever plumped for him should be held accountable as well. Perhaps more importantly, they shouldn't be involved in appointing his replacement as well.

Stewart wankstain Robertson.  Cunt should be nowhere near Rangers