Win or walk for Pedro today?

Virtuoso

Win or walk?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding todays result (cheating ref's aside)...

• A win or he walks / sacked?
    • A draw being acceptable?
    • Needs more time?

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Constructive answer :sarcasm:

Name them.....

Got neither the time, nor the inclination.

But to give you a clue,  just look at the earliest "Pedro oot!" thread, and work forward from there. I think you'll soon notice a pattern.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we are in a tough spot just now. In my opinion he is not up to the job, people are saying give him time with his own choice of players in the team but the progres result was just far too embarrasing to forget about. Factor in the pasting we took from the great unwashed and losing our record at home to the sheep it looks like he is doomed. 

Can we really afford to give him until November/Xmas? No the season will be another write off and then who do we bring in? He is on a 3 year deal i think so what will it cost us to get rid

I just don't see a solution to this

1 minute ago, wilberforce1 said:

:facepalm:

100% win rate for the rest of the season - get him tae fuck!

What's the rest of the season got to do with it? The topic is regarding todays result. I'd love for Pedro to succeed and prove the doubters wrong but I just don't see it. I do hope he succeeds just like I did Warburton but on the evidence so far I just don't think he has the goods.

12 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

:facepalm:

100% win rate for the rest of the season - get him tae fuck!

He clearly meant regardless of today's result, as that's what the thread is about. If the thread was about whether he should go if we win every game for the rest of the season, his answer would obviously be different.

Are you OK?

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

What's the rest of the season got to do with it? The topic is regarding todays result. I'd love for Pedro to succeed and prove the doubters wrong but I just don't see it. I do hope he succeeds just like I did Warburton but on the evidence so far I just don't think he has the goods.

My apologies. That wasn't clear from your original post.

We've put in some good performances post progress when Pedro has had "his team". We looked good against Hiv before the sending off. Imo he deserves until the end of the season, or at the very least January before he is judged. 

11 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Got neither the time, nor the inclination.

But to give you a clue,  just look at the earliest "Pedro oot!" thread, and work forward from there. I think you'll soon notice a pattern.

Is the pattern that the more humiliating defeats we suffer, the more people want him to go, by any chance?

47 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Without getting into the rest of your post (which I agree with) - giving him until October / November is too late.

Just out of interest , who do you think would come at a moments notice . I don't think we were that inundated with quality candidates when the job was first up . 

I originally thought his appointment would be a good move and he'd produce a proper Rangers side competing strongly for the league title and for the cups.    Results so far, especially the result against Luxembourg part timers  - and I include those at the tail end of last season - have led me to tune right out of Pedro.   I suspect that like Warburton his talk will not be matched by enough winning results.    All he has to do is (as per his own words) is win, win, win enough games over the course of this season and have decent results against the other lot and his place at Ibrox will be stronger.

Having made their choice I think the Board will stick with him this season but with 2 things that might cause them to take a different view.  One being if he makes such a mess of it that it becomes clear we might end up in the bottom 6 scrapping to avoid relegation.   That would be so serious that I can't see any option for a Board other than to find someone very much better, and quickly at that.    The second is if he fails to produce significantly better results for us in the OF games with the trigger for thinking about whether he stays or goes being the outcome after the 2nd OF league game  

Seems to me that King was prepared to give Warburton the first half of the season to see what he could do with the side and as soon as King started to put pressure on him Warburton rang the bell and jumped off the bus.   If King follows the same pattern then is the results and league table position and OF results that will be the benchmarks that lead King to deciding whether to stick with him or to set the replacement wheels in motion.   If the results and league position at the end of the first half of the season indicate we will still be in strong enough contention for the rest of the season then he's here until next summer at least.    Bear in mind Pedro does not appear to have any track record of staying for many seasons with a club so it may be as much a case of Pedro doing a Warburton at some stage and casting his eye elsewhere at opportunities at other clubs.    

Put it this way if we don't win today the writing is well and truly on the wall (I know it will be for many people already)

I want I to work out but I'm not going to be oblivious to the issues if they continue as I had the blinkers of optimism well and truly on during Warburton's reign.

We can't compete with the tims financially as painful as it is to say. What we need is a manager who can close the gap through motivation and tactics, sadly tactics seems to be Pedro's weak point. He does have us fired up for the first twenty minutes but then he seems to be very slow in reacting to problem areas on the pitch  For a man who wants his players to fight and win the battles on the pitch he has a nasty habit of throwing the midfield to the wolves by putting Miller in there when he already has the powder puff Windass on the pitch and then complaining about lack of control in the game.

Hearts biggest game of the season and they will give it all. I dont think they are that bad. For a team like Hearts they bought well in this window.

A fair referee though and the 3 points are in the bag.

Pedro could have done nothing about last week and he retains my support.

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Just out of interest , who do you think would come at a moments notice . I don't think we were that inundated with quality candidates when the job was first up . 

I'll be totally honest, I have no idea - but surely there was better than him available at the time (considering his wages + the supposed 800k we payed to release him).

Whilst Warburton was in charge, there was documentary posted on here where Hiddink stated his next club position would be for the 'challenge alone' - not monetary / salary or budget reasons.

Fuck me, on that basis and reasons...where better than us :sarcasm:

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

I'll be totally honest, I have no idea - but surely there was better than him available at the time (considering his wages + the supposed 800k we payed to release him).

Whilst Warburton was in charge, there was documentary posted on here where Hiddink stated his next club position would be for the 'challenge alone' - not monetary / salary or budget reasons.

Fuck me, on that basis and reasons...where better than us :sarcasm:

An honest and fair comment but it is something that has to be considered if we do go down the road of sacking him now . 

Like I say , there wasn't many , if any , realistic targets that excited me when the job was originally up for offer. 

That's not a reason not to sack him btw but it has to be a consideration. I still think he needs time with his own squad. 

Anyway off to the game now . I'm sure this thread will be a hot topic after it , one way or another :lol:

42 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

For those voting 'give him more time' - how much fucking time exactly / when is enough - enough? 

Still no one happy with a draw today - so win or lose...

You can't just sack a manager on the back of a reaction to any one game. He's had 3 competitve domestic games with something closer to being his own team. Won 2 and lost 1. The one we lost was a bit of a farce to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

You can't just sack a manager on the back of a reaction to any one game. He's had 3 competitve domestic games with something closer to being his own team. Won 2 and lost 1. The one we lost was a bit of a farce to be fair.

He had two European games.

4 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I agree, 100% - but let's not forget our result against Progres- where a far better manager has walked for less. Inexcusable, but yet here he still is.

Is he unsackable regardless of results....

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He had two European games. 

Yeah won one lost one.

And personally I was happy with the line up and appalled by the performance of the players until it too late.

The buck stops with Pedro but I really reckon players are getting off lightly.

2 hours ago, BluesClues said:

No way he'll quit

Correct. He's a megalomaniac with a god complex, he will never walk.

In reality he's a tube, who is so far out his depth it's staggering. He has a squad who under the right guidance can have a good go this year and give us something to build on - sadly the man at the helm is a loon.