The Pedro Caixinha Thread

.Williamson.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedro is a dead man walking. He will need to go this full Season without losing a game. The support won't stand for another season like the last . I said that I would give him two transfer Windows but now I don't think he will make Christmas. Another humping from the Tim's and that will be that. The board have to shoulder the blame for this too.... but will they?

Just now, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

I'm not saying we haven't had some howling results but last year was almost a write off from the first game drawing against Hamilton, I don't know if this year will be any different but I like Pedros approach.

He pushed on to win the game today and things would have been different if we had kept 11 on the pitch, I'm not giving up just yet. The majority of players look as though they have something to offer, couldn't say that about Warburton team. Possibly another couple of players needed before the window closes, if things come good I'll atleast be able to say i believed can u???? 

This isn't a fairy tale. I don't take pleasure in us being shit and losing important games. If things comes good....there is the problem it's an IF and the proof in the pudding is we have made a rip roaring cunt of every big game he's faced. 

We just lost to a team who have just came up from the championship at Ibrox, we scraped by a side last weekend that was humiliated by St Johnstone today. 

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Of course not; but what about the overall budget? The whole team was what I referred to. For the record, I'm not suggesting we necessarily should spend big, though I would like to see it, I'm saying that too much emphasis is put on the manager alone at times like this. Maybe we have to be more patient if that what it takes.

We can't spend big and even if we did it doesn't mean we will sign well. The manager is the guy who buys and plays the players , he will get all the praise if he buys well and we win things . He will also rightly get slaughtered if he buys duds and thats what our last three managers have done.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

This isn't a fairy tale. I don't take pleasure in us being shit and losing important games. If things comes good....there is the problem it's an IF and the proof in the pudding is we have made a rip roaring cunt of every big game he's faced. 

We just lost to a team who have just came up from the championship at Ibrox, we scraped by a side last weekend that was humiliated by St Johnstone today. 

"It's not his team, it's warburtons players"

"it's pre-season, players not match fit"

"the ref "

"width of a post"

Excuses/ reasons used for celtic, sheep, progres, hibs.

Fact is we've kept a clean sheet in only one competitive game (progres home) still have unfit players in mid August and are facing a make or break game on Saturday 3 games into season..

Just now, sassaaaa said:

We can't spend big and even if we did it doesn't mean we will sign well. The manager is the guy who buys and plays the players , he will get all the praise if he buys well and we win things . He will also rightly get slaughtered if he buys duds and that what our last three managers have done.

When I looked at that squad today I was concerned; for the season ahead I mean. Taking the who squad for this match it is very clear we have players at the club who are still not good enough.  This isn't just about the manager, in my opinion, neither does it mean I'm getting at the board either, but until we have more finance on the squad the state of things as they stand is that we still don't have a Rangers team capable of winning the league, which will inevitably be reflected in our form. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

"the ref "

"width of a post"

Fact is we've kept a clean sheet in only one competitive game (progres home) still have unfit players in mid August and are facing a make or break game on Saturday 3 games into season..

I'm just tired of saying the same things year after year on here, you have the same people making the same pish excuses based on sheer hope and nothing else.

2 games in and we are already a result down to the tims and sheep and out of Europe in the first round. Fan fucking tastic.

15 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Herrera clearly and he still looks way off the pace. Morelos wasn't deemed ready enough to start for us in Europe at Ibrox. Alves was given extended leave at the start of our season. Dalcio clearly wasn't readym he was so far out of his depth it was scary. In fact, only 4 of his signings were able to hit the ground running immediately. 

He's arguably addressed the spine with 2 centre backs and 2 centre midfielders but the keeper is still suspect and the attacking options are pathetic. 

What i would have done differently? Made sure Dorrans was in for the European games. We were always going to sign him yet fannied around for too long. I wouldn't have wasted best part of £5m on the 2 Mexicans. That looks a monumental waste of valuable resources. I would have done all we can to get Naismith in for the European games too. Walker if we also wanted him, for Europe instead of making bids we know Hearts will reject and dragging that out too. Pay them what will get the deal done or walk away and get another target. Our full backs were a liability last season, both needed replaced, Pedro has failed to do that. Leadership, our club needed a new captain appointed, he hasn't had the balls to replace the mediocre Wallace. This shite about 5 captains is bullshit propaganda so he doesn't have to replace Waldo. We have been crying out for a couple of goalscoring strikers, he has failed to address that problem as well. Morelos is a kid, no pressure should be put on him to deliver anything. Pedro has now put immense pressure on the kid because he has failed to recruit properly. We needed calibre. Proven quality. Strikers to show Scottish football we are back and won't be fucking about. 

Rossiter should have been on right away. Not at half time. Good managers think on their feet and make decisions which define their careers and reputations. Pedro kept Miller in CM, that sums him up for me. Clueless. 

They all still fancy their chances against us. We are still a laughing stock. Nothing has changed. 

Herrera isn't off the pace imo just not that great.  He played well in the Sheffield game...We're gonna get games with him when he looks good and others he looks pish.

Pena looks like it could be a poor one, I'll give u that.  Would we have got Dorrans in immeadiaelty if we went for him in time for Europe?  I've no idea, perhaps Walker / Naismith weren't first choice hence the delay...pinning our European hopes on those two is foolish to say the least.

Alves had only 9 days off I think after playing fir his country...Surely can't grudge him extended leave after a season of club football then playing for country.

Wes is all about opinions,  arguably one of our better performers last season so rightly not a priority.  Again,  new and improved full backs would've been good but not at the expense of not signing others we have.  

The spine was more important imo and as I've said Pena as a possible exception, I'm happy.

Morelos is a kid as you say; but if he's good enough who cares about his age really?

Keeping Miller on is forgivable and always puts in a shift and good for a goal...However he shouldve been up top with Morelos. 

There isn't a manager in the world who could come in and win us the league this season.

We are miles off. 2nd is the best we can hope for and steadily close the gap.

We have standards as fans but we need patience. I have seen enough of Pedro and the team recently where it's better than MW.

We need stability. We have a DOF who will do well for us if we get time.

We may need to wait 1-2- years to get there.

All in all pedro can feel hard done by by this result. His previous bad results have left him with little sympathy/ leaway for when he may just genuinely deserve it. Hibs were always going to be a hard game, I doubt many expected us to romp it. A loss is hard to take especially at home. To them. But with all things considered it's probably just one of those days. 

Had we been a few more games (wins) into the season people would probably be more forgiving of the result it's the great unknown that's causing such reaction rather than losing one game of football in a 38 game league. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

There isn't a manager in the world who could come in and win us the league this season.

We have standards as fans but we need patience. I have seen enough of Pedro and the team recently where it's better than MW.

That clearly isn't true

Sack Pedro, then bring in who? Pay how much to get rid of him then how much we paying out for manager of the calibre we need. Then there's a new gelling period, all these foreign signings who I still think are well capable of doing a job for us having to adjust to a new style of management and left thinking what the fuck have I got myself in for?

Im not a Pedro lover, this is the reality of what we're up against, he was a poor choice IMO and he got off to a woeful start, but it's unfair to triviliase the excuses we're giving him when in most cases they are legitimate. This game here was a joke and it ruined some decent momentum we were building up. Friendlies/lower league opposition it doesn't matter - we needed to see progress and evidence of the team gelling and improving together and we were seeing that and now that farce of a referee totally screwed us on the pitch and we're back to square one.

2 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

All in all pedro can feel hard done by by this result. His previous bad results have left him with little sympathy/ leaway for when he may just genuinely deserve it. Hibs were always going to be a hard game, I doubt many expected us to romp it. A loss is hard to take especially at home. To them. But with all things considered it's probably just one of those days. 

Had we been a few more games (wins) into the season people would probably be more forgiving of the result it's the great unknown that's causing such reaction rather than losing one game of football in a 38 game league. 

Nah, the refereeing was horrific but it's the manager's job to organise and handle that situation and he failed to do it, we capitulated apart from the last five minutes

Probably said already but I thought he fucked up his tactics today. As soon as I seen they had a 3-5-2 I was worried. We were going to be outnumbered in the middle. That's the main reason 442 is hardly used now for the last 10 years in the pram league. I actually don't think we would have won the game with 11 players.

He got his tactics half right 2nd half. He should have went 351 2nd half. But keeping the 2 up front(although brave) totally missed the reason we were struggling. We had to win the midfield battle which we could have done if we matched them. Imo crazy that we didn't 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

"the ref "

"width of a post"

Absolutely scary but so true

You can list all the 'excuses' and think about giving him time (which every manager deserves),  but I just can't think of any evidence since he has arrived that would give me confidence he can be a success.  This was a must win today.

7 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

At this stage last season, we had more points :sarcasm: 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Yes, don't ask me to give any names but it's hyperbolic to say that absolutely no-one could possibly manage it. We're playing in Scottish Football after all

I won't ask that, but I still think we would need a much bigger depth to our squad, in terms of quality, to win this; for any manager.

Just now, simplythebest said:

Nah, the refereeing was horrific but it's the manager's job to organise and handle that situation and he failed to do it, we capitulated apart from the last five minutes

Forgot to even mention the ref performance in my post which also had a MASSIVE affect. 

I agree, it's the managers job to overcome adverses in the game as it pans out however when is a task to big to ask?

tough game with a poor ref has a massive affect on team performance and moral. plus one of the refs fuck ups was a sending off. Tough game + poor ref + 10 men is maybe too big a mountain to over come this early in the season for any manager, of any team 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Leicester City and Atletico Madrid have proven it's not all about money in recent times.

If it's solely about budgets, then we may as well give up and give the scum 10 in a row!

We can't have those clubs as our equation; they win it once every so often; we would need to win it consistently.

Archived