We Need the Fear Back at Ibrox

Smile

You know when teams have lost the Fear you only have to look in the Away sections and see the Diddy teams like Hearts and Hibs bringing their biggest support ever.

Home Wins Under Pedro Tenure (unacceptable)

4-0 Hamilton
2-0 Partick
2-1 Hearts

2 draws

1-1 Motherwell
0-0 Hearts

3 defeats

5-1 Yahoos
2-1 Aberdeen
3-2 Hibs

It's 11 points from a possible 24 

And it's 13 goals for us, and 12 against.

Away wins Improved under Pedro Tenure (excellent record)

4 wins

Aberdeen 0 Rangers 3
Partick 1 Rangers 2
St'. Johnstone 1 Rangers 2
Motherwell 1 Rangers 2

1 Draw

Kilmarnock 0 Rangers 0

That's 13 points out of 15.

Rangers will need to get a string of results together and win a good number of games in a row if they want to bring that fear back, that is the harsh reality. It has to start with Rangers this weekend even if not at Ibrox, the fear stems from teams being up against a team that wins consistently and whether Pedro will get that out of this team yet is to soon be found out.

I will remain confident we can still do it, but if not then Pedro will be out the door and for me the only way that fear factor will return is if Rangers are winning consistently. Here's hoping a few can be signed in to make a difference this transfer window.

The fear factor has been gone for some years now, teams come to beat us and genuinely fancy their chances. Historically teams used to be beaten before a ball was even kicked. 

Losing our 25 year unbeaten record to the sheep last season is probably the best example of the decline. 

The only players afraid to play at Ibrox these days is unfortunately the ones in Rangers jerseys, so nervous, like rabbit's caught in the headlights, scared to make a mistake. 

13 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

The fear factor has been gone for some years now, teams come to beat us and genuinely fancy their chances. Historically teams used to be beaten before a ball was even kicked. 

Losing our 25 year unbeaten record to the sheep last season is probably the best example of the decline. 

The only players afraid to play at Ibrox these days is unfortunately the ones in Rangers jerseys, so nervous, like rabbit's caught in the headlights, scared to make a mistake. 

To be fair though mate it was our first season back up into the premiership, I'm confident it will return, we're in a building phase is what I mean, I know it should never have happened and is not acceptable at this club, but the days will return, we'll get there, we're rapidly improving in terms of quality. The question is then down to whether Pedro proves himself or not and if not it needs to be ensured that quality replaces him that ensures we can challenge.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

You know when teams have lost the Fear you only have to look in the Away sections and see the Diddy teams like Hearts and Hibs bringing their biggest support ever.

4-0 Hamilton
2-0 Partick
2-1 Hearts

2 draws

1-1 Motherwell
0-0 Hearts

3 defeats

5-1 Yahoos
2-1 Aberdeen
3-2 Hibs

4 wins

Aberdeen 0 Rangers 3
Partick 1 Rangers 2
Motherwell 1 Rangers 2

1 Draw

Kilmarnock 0 Rangers 0

Interesting. Didn't realise his away record was quite so good. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Interesting. Didn't realise his away record was quite so good. 

Yes it's very good since he's been here I was actually thinking it may be daunting for some of the players at Home rather than encouraging, with them not being used to it.

Warburton had a great home record and poor away form it's gone full circle.

Just now, Smile said:

Yes it's very good since he's been here I was actually thinking it may be daunting for some of the players at Home rather than encouraging, with them not being used to it.

Hopefully that's the case and as they get used to it and use it to their advantage you then become unbeatable at home and solid away.

If it's just down to the players and/or manager being shite then no amount of time will change that.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Interesting perspective, some performances you saw in pre season behind closed doors was better than what we saw at Ibrox, pressure? Hope they overcome that if so. I don't think players like big Bruno would be phased though, he played in front of Fenerbahçe supporters and you know how mental that is. Some of our players might take time to bed into that.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

4-0 Hamilton
2-0 Partick
2-1 Hearts

2 draws

1-1 Motherwell
0-0 Hearts

3 defeats

5-1 Yahoos
2-1 Aberdeen
3-2 Hibs

4 wins

Aberdeen 0 Rangers 3
Partick 1 Rangers 2
Motherwell 1 Rangers 2

1 Draw

Kilmarnock 0 Rangers 0

I know only friendlies but Watford & Sheffield Wednesday as well

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Maybe a sign of how tough an environment Ibrox can be for players that aren't as good as what we're traditionally used to.

Or maybe we're just happier when teams open up a little.

Bit of both I think. 

We've better players, but not hugely better. We don't have real top quality to unlock a packed defence like we used to, but if someone tries to match us blow for blow I think we come out on top. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit of both I think. 

We've better players, but not hugely better. We don't have real top quality to unlock a packed defence like we used to, but if someone tries to match us blow for blow I think we come out on top. 

Yeah probably.

Didn't matter what teams did in the past, you knew Mols, De Boer, Arveladze, Ferguson, Arteta, McCann, Lovenkrands and Cannigia (to take one team era) would open them up. And even if those guys were a bit mentally weak (not that I think they were), it wouldn't matter so much because they were so good that the crowd would rarely be on their backs all that much.

God, the squads we used to have.

Mols, De Boer, Arveladze, Ferguson, Arteta, McCann, Lovenkrands, Cannigia, Amoruso, Moore, Klos, Numan, Ricksen all in the same squad. :lol:

Now we discuss Louis Moult as being a useful addition. :depressed: