Rangers players who lived in your area or near you.

HeHaw

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One from the past. Andy Penman stayed in our scheme in Inverness. Think he was playing for Caley at the time

The son young Andy was a cracking skillfull footballer. Believe he signed for dundee u on schoolboy terms but dont think he came through much. Moved away by then so lost touch.

38 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm from Dumbarton but Hateley, Walter Smith, Laudrup used to stay in nearby Helensburgh. 

There's been other well-known footballers from Dumbarton though or at least stayed/stays here - Drew Busby, Ian Wallace, Murdo McLeod. 

Murdo McLeod I think lives in Helensburgh these days.

I've seen him on the train a couple of times.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Charlie Miller.

Canny remember him playing or anything but.

Charlie Miller for me too ... rememver watching him roll up in his Honda, lifting out crates of beer from the boot to go see his mates, or in the labour club buying rounds... and this was in his playing days

Kenny fucking Miller.  In Steven McManus flat in the Briggs.

Tierney recently bought here too. Tried and failed to keep it quiet. Hope he knows a glaziers, we all know what kids are like.

Used to see McCoist McCulloch Ferguson etc on the piss here rather than them living here.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm from Dumbarton but Hateley, Walter Smith, Laudrup used to stay in nearby Helensburgh. 

There's been other well-known footballers from Dumbarton though or at least stayed/stays here - Drew Busby, Ian Wallace, Murdo McLeod. 

I seen Ian Wallace in Homebase Dumbarton 10-12 years ago. He was reeking of drink and looked like he had a really bad drink problem 

Hope he sorted himself out - I believe he was/is a good bluenose. 

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I seen Ian Wallace in Homebase Dumbarton 10-12 years ago. He was reeking of drink and looked like he had a really bad drink problem 

Hope he sorted himself out - I believe he was/is a good bluenose. 

Drinks fucked him. There was pictures in the papers about 15-years ago of him coming out a wee trampy flat and heading to the pakis and coming out with 6l of cider ... he looked absolutely fucked.