Pena one of our 3 fittest says Pedro

backup

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't know if I've asked you this so far, sorry if I have, but what did you think of Pena in the first part of the match; were you as impressed as me?

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed.

I thought he helped us keep our shape first half more than anything and tried to back up Morelos.

Can't think of much impact he had personally though.

If his game is about going forward, linking play and even running beyond the front man then it didn't really work. As much due to others as himself.

No, I wanted him to start but in honesty I felt the game passed him by to a large extent (though the alternative of Miller would have been no better imo either).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed.

I thought he helped us keep our shape first half more than anything and tried to back up Morelos.

Can't think of much impact he had personally though.

If his game is about going forward, linking play and even running beyond the front man then it didn't really work. As much due to others as himself.

No, I wanted him to start but in honesty I felt the game passed him by to a large extent (though the alternative of Miller would have been no better imo either).

I think I was caught up in the moment, along with some other people I may add! I'm almost tempted to watch that first half again, tonight, just to see it with more objectivity. Cheers.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Well that's shite for a start (ok maybe not I'm not going to call him a liar if he's got the data)

although match fitness and physical fitness are two different things granted 

The article looks a lot of shite given alves had a calf injury last week did he not? 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye let’s believe a bitter wee taig cunt before the manager of Rangers. 

Not asking anyone to believe anyone, just a bit of a coincidence that a professional footballer is coming away with things like he is having to do extra training so he feels fit enough for a season. then Pedro coming out with Pena being fitter than most others in his squad when anyone watching our games can see he's clearly not. Moh may be a bitter taig but there could be some truth in this. This in the week a former Rangers manager(one who had some success) is saying the same things, that in his opinion we don't look fit enough. 

I cant recall at any time in the past where the comments of the manager or players during press conferences or after match interviews were so heavily scrutinised dissected and just over magnified in my life.. I don't buy papers but I do look online and now today a banner headline is that it was a training ground row, did I blink and miss something ?

I know the media have always hounded us and since 2012 its been open season but this is getting laughable..

38 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can't do it, I'll be surprised if I do it; but you could have helped by humouring me that Pena was all I thought he was at the early part of that match!

He was awesome mate.

The way he.......... and .............    (you fill in the blanks)

2 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

If Pena is one of the fittest in the squad, maybe what o'halloran claimed about the training not being intense enough is true and our squad as a whole are not fit enough. 

One minute people are saying we are over-training and the players are too tired, then then next minute they're not training enough and they're unfit.

What's it going to be?

What is worrying is, you're happy to take the word of a little attention whore taig whom is probably pissed off because Pedro said he's got no future at Rangers because he's not his kind of player. What did MOH actually do for us that made us stand up with awe, point, and say - what a gifted player we've got?

N O T H I N G

15 minutes ago, Sket said:

Data is beautiful but see when you're sitting 5th in the league nobody gives a flying fuck about data. More pish talk from the dud.

We should just let the journalist allege he's said something and not refute it, and justify why he's refuting it, if he disagrees with what the journo is alleging?

You'd be as well doing a copy paste response on all Pedro related threads now as no matter what he says, or why, you'll turn it into a negative as your mind is made up on him, everything he says, and everything he does.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We should just let the journalist allege he's said something and not refute it, and justify why he's refuting it, if he disagrees with what the journo is alleging?

You'd be as well doing a copy paste response on all Pedro related threads now as no matter what he says, or why, you'll turn it into a negative as your mind us made up on him, everything he says, and everything he does.

Correct.

22 minutes ago, Sket said:

Data is beautiful but see when you're sitting 5th in the league nobody gives a flying fuck about data. More pish talk from the dud.

Where we are in the league is not acceptable I will agree with that however Pedro was asked a question to which he answered honestly (and intelligently) - basically some journal was slating a Rangers manager so he should be called out on it.

I think if we where to compare the fitness of our squad against theirs there would be very little difference. The difference is in getting the players to do the necessary job on the pitch - for example turning Windass into a player than can also provide defensive cover. This is nothing to do with fitness per se but more re-training him to read the game better and also adjusting him mentally. Even if we are 2 down its not a case of downing tools but also still running back.

Looking at the highlights of Pena it seems a lot of his goals where in and about the box from crosses and cutbacks - perhaps he does not know yet how to play the part in the team that we need which is why it comes across as being unfit. We have all seen the forward walking lazily back after an attack - its not that they are unfit but rather their game is about poaching rather than also defending and starting attacks.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Where we are in the league is not acceptable I will agree with that however Pedro was asked a question to which he answered honestly (and intelligently) - basically some journal was slating a Rangers manager so he should be called out on it.

I think if we where to compare the fitness of our squad against theirs there would be very little difference. The difference is in getting the players to do the necessary job on the pitch - for example turning Windass into a player than can also provide defensive cover. This is nothing to do with fitness per se but more re-training him to read the game better and also adjusting him mentally. Even if we are 2 down its not a case of downing tools but also still running back.

Looking at the highlights of Pena it seems a lot of his goals where in and about the box from crosses and cutbacks - perhaps he does not know yet how to play the part in the team that we need which is why it comes across as being unfit. We have all seen the forward walking lazily back after an attack - its not that they are unfit but rather their game is about poaching rather than also defending and starting