Rangers Picture Thread

47 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Stein scoring against Dunfermline 

82B478BB-9F94-4706-9FC3-41EB846B394E.jpeg

Think that’s Willie Callaghan, brother of celtic’s Tom unsuccessfully trying to block it. Can’t be sure but I was probably at that game.

21 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

When the dust settled it wasn’t unusual to find yourself yards away from where you had been standing, being offered a drink in the middle of a wee party by some guys you didn’t even know. 

Thats how I think of the terracing back then at big games, lots of wee parties going on :lol:

Hated it when they scored against us, especially at Hampden, not just for the usual reasons. Because we had a roof, it acted as an amplifier so our sound carried. But they had no roof so the sound took a few seconds to reach us if they scored, the 1973 final being a case in point.

So you see them score and you say “fuck”. Then their roars finally reach the Rangers end “FUCK”, almost felt like conceding another goal.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

When the dust settled it wasn’t unusual to find yourself yards away from where you had been standing, being offered a drink in the middle of a wee party by some guys you didn’t even know. 

Thats how I think of the terracing back then at big games, lots of wee parties going on :lol:

I know nowadays it would probably be seen as 'unsafe' 'uncivilised' etc, but it really was awesome being there at that time. Jeans being soaking wet up to your knees, and a face like youd just surfaced from a Yorkshire coalpit !!!  Not to mention the dry throat from the dust and singing, and the black shit up yer nose! LOL

Yes indeed, wouldnt swap that experience being in amongst 25,000 bears at the Rangers end for anything!

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Did he join the constabulary after playing, or am I thinking of someone else?

You got the right man, when he retired from professional football in 1985 he joined Strathclyde Police.