Lloyd

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Okay I'll bite. Who is good enough. And more importantly how do we fund that managers paycheck and his team. Along with any players that he wants to bring in?

The funding I can’t help with, that’s up to the board to do that. The manager I’d go for would be someone like Big Sam or similar assuming he is still available 

48 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

To beat a squad worth at least 5 times ours, conservatively. That earns 5 times ours in salaries. With the CL money to spend about 5 times ours in new signings.

Within 3 years.

Aye very good.

You sound like you’ve given up already with that statement.

18 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Do you ever not talk shite?

No

25 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

The recruitment disaster came under Warburton who put together a side incapable of defending and relied on players like senderos, kranjcar and barton to add quality, not one provided anything, I'm not blaming Pedro fro what happened last season, players win games not managers and ours were piss poor and worse, cowardly Pedro was hardly likely to get a performance out of them when he had already indicated to them they weren't good enough and would be got rid.

Do you have a list of the candidates and minutes of the interviews? I'd suggest, realistically, that if no candidate either by his record in management or his ability to sell his case stood out above Pedro then that would speak of a paucity of possible candidate within budget, availability and willingness to come in, do you imagine that many decent managers fancied sullying their reputations in a job made impossible by the demands and expectations of our support and the limits of budget to rebuild? hiding to nothing comes to mind.

pedro's recruitment has been good, again within budget constraints, yes there are issues with bringing in players who come from football thats a million miles from Scottish football,  you are asking a player used to better climate, bigger pitches, slower pace, having space to run into and time on the ball to adjust to 100 mile an hour warfare on a tight, stupid;y over watered plastic pitch on a dark cold night, anyone with an ounce of realism would realise that its gonna take time to allow a players quality to overcome these changes.

Realism is seeing and understanding the whole picture, not making knee jerk reactions cause things haven't worked out the way your hopelessly unrealistic expectations hoped

tldr

1 hour ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Was gonna ask who you'd prefer til I saw the second quote.

Getting rid of Pedro now is lunacy, total lunacy. He goes, his signings will want to go, and then we're no better off than we were when he came in. Be starting next season with Miller up front ffs. 

I know it's cliche but Pedro needs time. Another couple of transfer windows to build on the squad we have. Then you measure his success. We chop him now and bring a new guy in, we've taken 1 step forward and 2 back, and spent millions in the process with millions more on top for the next managers team. Lunacy.

We give him 2 more seasons and we’ve just handed them 10 in a row.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He never brought Miller on, he took him from striker to midfield. Done it against Hearts as well and played him on the left. Some of his choices for player positions have been bizarre. 

That's right forgot, did he not bring on Wilson and go three at the back which some have been shouting for with Tav and Wallace pushing further forward?  Not illogical although I'd have preferred Rossiter in mid.  

I do realise this is a pointless conversation because Pedro will not be getting sacked under any circumstances this season, I just felt like venting my feelings on his soundbites and I kinda got a bit out of control. Still Pedro Out tho.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

That's right forgot, did he not bring on Wilson and go three at the back which some have been shouting for with Tav and Wallace pushing further forward?  Not illogical although I'd have preferred Rossiter in mid.  

Brought on a clearly unfit Pena too for his debut ahead of Rossiter, but wouldn’t play pena the next week when we were needing a goal against hearts.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Brought on a clearly unfit Pena too for his debut ahead of Rossiter, but wouldn’t play pena the next week when we were needing a goal against hearts.

Rossiter. Just saying Lloyd. 

Pena has been invaluable and Pedro has been true to his word in terms of getting him fit, gradually introducing him etc. Pena was never clearly unfit. He clearly lacked match fitness though, which is different altogether.

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

tldr

If you would be less wrong my reply wouldn't have been as long, rude wee prick I'm out ma tits yet took the time to type that considered reply, have the fucking decency and manners either to read it or be less wrong in the first place.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Rossiter. Just saying Lloyd. 

Pena has been invaluable and Pedro has been true to his word in terms of getting him fit, gradually introducing him etc. Pena was never clearly unfit. He clearly lacked match fitness though, which is different altogether.

Not my point man, just saying he brought him on when chasing the game vs hibs with 10 men, but not when we were constantly attacking hearts which was odd for me.

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

If you would be less wrong my reply wouldn't have been as long, rude wee prick I'm out ma tits yet took the time to type that considered reply, have the fucking decency and manners either to read it or be less wrong in the first place.

I’ll read it later when I want to go to sleep.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

BTW if not for the ridiculous Jack red card we'd have beaten Hibs and be only three points off the pace.

Not to mention Partick Thistle and Dundee getting denied penalties agaist the beggars.

The Partick 1 i seen and it was a stonewaller, not seen the Dundee 2 but heard mixed views on it.