• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ScotlandSt said:

So, a match official here turning a blind eye or punishing a victim could not be construed as corruption?

I'm sorry but what's the point you are trying to make? what you just said there makes no sense and has nothing to do with us getting fired down the leagues. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That's all he does. 

I'm not saying the players don't deserve a bollocking or dropped or even punted when they've had enough changes, but he continually sacrificies the players to cover his own inadequecies. He rarely takes responsibility for anything.

He'd rather banish some players to cover his own back and pretty soon he will run out of players to do this with. I'm not a big fan of the majority of our players, but it's his team now and he's already calling them a disgrace and embarrassment. He's on the ropes and running out of places to turn.

The common denominator is him - regardless of how well some people still think he comes across and what hot-air he keeps blowing in pressers. One day soon everyone will finally click on.

The common denominator is this board. They hired both him and MW. Both very different characters and playing styles and both bought within budgets to be second and with the exception of 1 or 2,  all fucking dross and so it will remain with the next manager and the next......

The scum made the step change with Brenda and ffs please don't tell McInnes can get near him. 3 mil just to get the cunt in, plus now on a long term highly paid contract. He inhereted some decent quality and got better out of them. The emphasis being quality, in that you can get more out of them and build on their strengths, compared to the journeymen and dross that we sit with, where most don't even have basic attributes. Then he spent a few mil on decent quality to further strengthen what was already strong.

We aint at the fucking races and never will be. Pedro or no Pedro as this board are seeing to that.

51 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Watching his press conference I found his comments from about 12 minutes onward very interesting in view point of a foreign coach working in Scottish Football. His questions to the media

1. Do Scotland have any top referees = No

2. Do we have any current players known world wide = No

3. How long has our UEFA coefficient been decreasing = 10 years

4. Has our international team qualified for any recent tournaments = No

Are we happy with this ?

The fact that he put the refs at the top of the list for me was important. Referees worldwide work from the same set of rules but of course some of it comes down to the interpretation of certain rules.

The game on Sunday, if you look at that game and probably most normal Scottish fixtures and put a ref in charge from say, Spain, Germany. Netherlands or any country where the emphasis is on technical ability over physicality, then there would probably of been about three red cards, considerable more bookings and about 20 minutes of genuine uninterrupted football out of the 90 minutes played.

It seems in Scotland that from the top down we have forgone technical ability and become blind to the over compensation of the physical aspect of our game. We then every season have this scrapping over the ashes of another failed European campaign by our teams competing in Europe and wonder where it went wrong.

If we had games officiated in a way that the borderline tackles were punished instead of let off and players were sent of for tackles which we deem reckless but would probably be seem as dangerous in any other country then perhaps the skilful more technical players could flourish and Scottish football in general could improve. 

This is a take on Scottish football in general, as I find it laughable that in one hand we have guys like Malky Mckay working for the SFA and trying to put a frame work for football be coached and played in the right manner. Then in the other hand we have media and pundits alike applauding the way the game was played on Sunday. 

You can sit on  Saturday or Sunday and watch football from morning till night and I can guarantee you not see a more physical game all day than the one from Scotland.

Pedros meant to be here to fix our team he's needing to concentrate on that.

Shifting the blame to cover Scottish football as a whole isn't going to cover up the fact he's making a cunt of it.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Where was it i said anything about that ?

I was merely highlighting that corruption is prevalent in any society including ours whether its a match official or David Murray etc

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Like i said , no other country would have done that to their biggest club.

What was the alternative?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The common denominator is this board. They hired both him and MW. Both very different characters and playing styles and both bought within budgets to be second and with the exception of 1 or 2,  all fucking dross and so it will remain with the next manager and the next......

The scum made the step change with Brenda and ffs please don't tell McInnes can get near him. 3 mil just to get the cunt in, plus now on a long term highly paid contract. He inhereted some decent quality and got better out of them. The emphasis being quality, in that you can get more out of them and build on their strengths, compared to the journeymen and dross that we sit with, where most don't even have basic attributes. Then he spent a few mil on decent quality to further strengthen what was already strong.

We aint at the fucking races and never will be. Pedro or no Pedro as this board are seeing to that.

The BR fan club once again.........

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Thank's for spelling Derek's surname right today mate. 

I don't disagree with your comment on the board, but it's a seperate issue and always will be. You can't keep making a case every single day in life on here in every single thread on here for keeping the wrong guy in the managers position, because you don't like the board.

The board are scummy, lying bastards but something in your head fails to distinguish faults between the two (board level and football management level)

1 minute ago, ScotlandSt said:

I was merely highlighting that corruption is prevalent in any society including ours whether its a match official or David Murray etc

What was the alternative?

I personally dont think we should have been done with anything and plenty in the game have suggested the same. Other countries it would have been a fine at max.

18 minutes ago, OhW said:

Especially when he was on about assembling a team of warriors. That's starting to look more and more like he was just scapegoating Warburton's players. 

And so would fucking I. Wes and Tav are fucking dross, but so are many of Pedro's signings. The only one with a pedigree is Alves and it's rather fucking obvious, that the game here is not for him, amongst others, as he counts up his pension fund.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

I personally dont think we should have been done with anything and plenty in the game have suggested the same. Other countries it would have been a fine at max.

Sadly, it does not come down to what you or I think, the precedent was set with Clydebank or was it Meadowbank?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thank's for spelling Derek's surname right today mate. 

I don't disagree with your comment on the board, but it's a seperate issue and always will be. You can't keep making a case every single day in life on here in every single thread on here for keeping the wrong guy in the managers position, because you don't like the board.

The board are scummy, lying bastards but something in your head fails to distinguish faults between the two (board level and football management level)

Again, I'm not making a case for keeping Pedro, no matter how many times you say it. I'm adressing the basic flaw that needs fixed before we can actually move forward. No money equals exactly no title, no matter who is in the manager's chair. Second is no good to me or anyone. Just diminishing returns throwing away good money after bad, until the whole fucking lot implodes. 

48 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

There is not another country in the world that would boot their biggest club to their bottom division for any reason. We were unfairly dealt with quickly without knowing all the facts and it should never have happened.

Whats amazing is that they got away with it.

Got away with it because Green bottled it. If he refused the five way agreement they'd have got away with nothing.

But then his end game was getting the share issue money and fat Mike's dodgy contracts signed.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Again, I'm not making a case for keeping Pedro, no matter how many times you say it. I'm adressing the basic flaw that needs fixed before we can actually move forward. No money equals exactly no title, no matter who is in the manager's chair. Second is no good to me or anyone. Just diminishing returns throwing away good money after bad, until the whole fucking lot implodes. 

It's like groundhog day.

Where we are, we can't go from this point under Pedro to winning the title. There has to be a progression to take us somewhere else (an improvement on where we are at just now) to give us a platform to mount a realistic challenge.

AGAIN you can't see this. You don't want an improvement on Pedro to take us to this point, because your pride would rather have us struggling in 3rd or 4th, getting humped in every big game we play just so you can point your finger at the board. It's a masochistic trait IMO.

You don't seem to agree that some improvement is better than none. It's all or nothing which is ridiculous and makes me wonder if you even want the best for Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

Got away with it because Green bottled it. If he refused the five way agreement they'd have got away with nothing.

But then his end game was getting the share issue money and fat Mike's dodgy contracts signed.

C'mon no 5-way agreement no licence and Rangers would have been killed stone dead. Longmuir and Ballantine in private have told us as much.

Green can be blamed for a lot but we needed that licence. We can't re-write history on this. We had all of Scottish football holding a gun to our head, we didn't need to give them an excuse to pull that trigger. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Apart from the part about decent referee's, yes.

I am happy with it.

Scottish football deserves nothing but contempt and misery after the way Rangers have been treated and stil get treated. I'm a Rangers fan, not a Scottish football fan. 

I've had the debate loads on here that it's a myth Rangers need a strong Scottish football. We don't. We just need a strong Rangers.

To fuck with the rest.

I understood where Pedro was coming from in his interview but can't agree with him. His responsibility is Rangers, not Scottish football. He needs to realise this.

You don't disagree with him then KAI because that's pretty much what he said. He highlighted it, but his job is that of Rangers manager.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

C'mon no 5-way agreement no licence and Rangers would have been killed stone dead. Longmuir and Ballantine in private have told us as much.

Green can be blamed for a lot but we needed that licence. We can't re-write history on this. We had all of Scottish football holding a gun to our head, we didn't need to give them an excuse to pull that trigger. 

We'll never know. Would the whole season not have been put on hold forcing every club to talk properly instead of the way it did work out?

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You don't disagree with him then KAI because that's pretty much what he said. He highlighted it, but his job is that of Rangers manager.

That's not the way I interprited it. Well not entirely. I know he knows his role.

1 minute ago, NornIronBear said:

We'll never know. Would the whole season not have been put on hold forcing every club to talk properly instead of the way it did work out?

We do know mate. I trust Longmuir and Ballantine who were at the heart of it and have said they were waiting to pull the trigger. It's a sad state of affairs but it was what it was.