Pedros Four Pillars comment

steven33jackie

46 minutes ago, ScotlandSt said:

Even that is lenient compared to what happened with us,and they were found guilty of match fixing! There is a serie c and a serie d in Italian football as well,so they actually got of very lightly. In Scotland we would have been hounded out of existence, which was kind of the plan but it never worked for the diddy clubs

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don’t think his views are without foundation, however ...............

teams in Scotland have played like that for time and memorial. A good football team will overcome what motherwell had to offer on Sunday. Let me put it another way - who will won this cup? 

Get better players and a manager in 

53 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Theres a difference between a battle and being a dirty bastard. like the foul on cardoso. I'd condemn any of our players that did that to an opponent. battle hard, go in for every tackle, dont shirk out of a challenge, but dont play to injure someone purposely. 

The lego muncher for them lot is what you describe, and he is a classless wanker for it. he'd be a bit more respectable if he was just fearless and battled for everything, but hes a dirty cunt and thats why we hate him.

Totally agree we need more steel in the middle though. We need players willing to go into crunching tackles, drive the team forward.

Brown is a cheap shot merchant. In Rugby guys like that get smashed. That's exactly what he needs.

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Don’t think his views are without foundation, however ...............

teams in Scotland have played like that for time and memorial. A good football team will overcome what motherwell had to offer on Sunday. Let me put it another way - who will won this cup? 

Get better players and a manager in 

You can bet your arse sellik will be allowed to play football, hence they will win

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Brown is a cheap shot merchant. In Rugby guys like that get smashed. That's exactly what he needs.

oh aye he is, but he doesnt tend to shy out of a tackle, and he can occasionally be strong and clean in a game. I'd hate him a little less if that was a lot more often though. I'd love to see him get smashed by one of our players and after hallidays performance in the semi that time, I'd hope it would have been him. shame it wasnt meant to be.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's not the way I interprited it. Well not entirely. I know he knows his role.

He said they're trying to do things differently and the way they believe it should be done and straight after said that he wasn't saying this to be different, he's saying it to protect the club that is paying him - Rangers.

I know you don't like Pedro mate, but I'm not sure how it could be interpreted any other way.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

Watching his press conference I found his comments from about 12 minutes onward very interesting in view point of a foreign coach working in Scottish Football. His questions to the media

1. Do Scotland have any top referees = No

2. Do we have any current players known world wide = No

3. How long has our UEFA coefficient been decreasing = 10 years

4. Has our international team qualified for any recent tournaments = No

Are we happy with this ?

The fact that he put the refs at the top of the list for me was important. Referees worldwide work from the same set of rules but of course some of it comes down to the interpretation of certain rules.

The game on Sunday, if you look at that game and probably most normal Scottish fixtures and put a ref in charge from say, Spain, Germany. Netherlands or any country where the emphasis is on technical ability over physicality, then there would probably of been about three red cards, considerable more bookings and about 20 minutes of genuine uninterrupted football out of the 90 minutes played.

It seems in Scotland that from the top down we have forgone technical ability and become blind to the over compensation of the physical aspect of our game. We then every season have this scrapping over the ashes of another failed European campaign by our teams competing in Europe and wonder where it went wrong.

If we had games officiated in a way that the borderline tackles were punished instead of let off and players were sent of for tackles which we deem reckless but would probably be seem as dangerous in any other country then perhaps the skilful more technical players could flourish and Scottish football in general could improve. 

This is a take on Scottish football in general, as I find it laughable that in one hand we have guys like Malky Mckay working for the SFA and trying to put a frame work for football be coached and played in the right manner. Then in the other hand we have media and pundits alike applauding the way the game was played on Sunday. 

You can sit on  Saturday or Sunday and watch football from morning till night and I can guarantee you not see a more physical game all day than the one from Scotland.

Scottish football needs massive overhaul but there's no money in it and football is a dying trade for youngsters to try and break into nowadays.

Pedro is not a manager who can inject a new style into our team simply because the hammer throwers up here will get away with violence against finesse everytime, as the weekend showed.

like it or not, the park the bus style Smith showed and the longball nightmare that was McCoists tactics are well suited up here - even the scum play the scottish game. We either play ball or accept less than first place for the remainder.

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

They will win either way. They HAVE better players and manager. That’s this Board’s challenge. 

If Motherwell are allowed to play like they did on Sunday I am not so sure, the sellik defence with crosses into the box defending is nearly worse than ours.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

He said they're trying to do things differently and the way they believe it should be done and straight after said that he wasn't saying this to be different, he's saying it to protect the club that is paying him - Rangers.

I know you don't like Pedro mate, but I'm not sure how it could be interpreted any other way.

Yeah the first line is one of the points I'm making - it's Scotland we play in (complete with the hammer throwers, rugby style teams, physical style etc) he's acknowledged this but doesn't do anything about it, instead he's trying to change it all and have us playing a total alien style that will never bring us success.

It's the perfect example of what I mean when I continually say that people such as Le Guen, Warburton and Pedro who come here and try to change things and revolutionise us and by extension the Scottish game fall flat on their faces. It's irresponsible, cost us success and them (ultimately) their jobs.

Rangers don't need protected by Pedro. They deserve someone who's not a mouth-piece with ideas that will never work.

Windass, Pena, Tav, Jack, Declan John, Cardoso aren't going to revoutionise Scottish football. 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We do know mate. I trust Longmuir and Ballantine who were at the heart of it and have said they were waiting to pull the trigger. It's a sad state of affairs but it was what it was. 

And they couldn't get rid of the sfl and Longmuir quick enough.

Don't know if he'd be interested but wish the club had gone for him in some capacity. 

Suit him better on trying to win some games on the trot, he's no here to tell us what we already know after another Cunt of a result just because him and his team are no coming up with the goodies, the board are about as fuckin useful as a chocolate watch, fuck me it's a long season already!

image.jpeg.340d32207406549d38dc56584c5aa0c5.jpeg

1 minute ago, NornIronBear said:

And they couldn't get rid of the sfl and Longmuir quick enough.

Don't know if he'd be interested but wish the club had gone for him in some capacity. 

Longmuir was a voice for us behind the scenes mate. It's a shame he's out of work and got hounded.

There was talk of him getting a job at Ibrox a few years ago. I'd have taken him over Robertson. Much more qualified and someone who actually has Rangers at heart.

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Suit him better on trying to win some games on the trot, he's no here to tell us what we already know after another Cunt of a result just because him and his team are no coming up with the goodies, the board are about as fuckin useful as a chocolate watch, fuck me it's a long season already!

image.jpeg.340d32207406549d38dc56584c5aa0c5.jpeg

He's really clever in that regard. After yet another shocker, he rolls out the stuff about Scottish football and a few passionate sound bytes and everyone's happy and the tide turns back in favour towards him.

There's only so many times we can go through this shit.

If you want a passionate speaker for a Rangers manager get Farage, Hitchens or even George Galloway if that's all that matters - because their results will be on a par with Pedro which is something too many fans forget after listening to Pedro's wee pressers the actual results. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah the first line is one of the points I'm making - it's Scotland we play in (complete with the hammer throwers, rugby style teams, physical style etc) he's acknowledged this but doesn't do anything about it, instead he's trying to change it all and have us playing a total alien style that will never bring us success.

It's the perfect example of what I mean when I continually say that people such as Le Guen, Warburton and Pedro who come here and try to change things and revolutionise us and by extension the Scottish game fall flat on their faces. It's irresponsible, cost us success and them (ultimately) their jobs.

Rangers don't need protected by Pedro. They deserve someone who's not a mouth-piece with ideas that will never work.

Windass, Pena, Tav, Jack, Declan John, Cardoso aren't going to revoutionise Scottish football. 

To be fair  mate, Pena looks like a bull, morelos is strong as fuck for his size and it's not as if Alves is a stranger to confrontation!

I know what you're saying, but it's not like Pedro has brought in a load of tippy tappy players with no real physical attributes.

However, his players don't seem very streetwise or have the guts to compete with the hammer throwers.

Would you be thinking that of Alves before he played a game for us? I think a lot of the comments were "I can't wait to Alves meets with the lego eater" etc

I think you're taking his comments to the extreme. He was clearly just saying things to protect his players in the hope that referees actually might start doing their jobs properly.

His comments have been produced after one of his players has had his nose broken, and after a match which to most reasonable people whom have watched it was physically extreme. It's not as if he's just suddenly came out with it for no reason and showing all what his plans are.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

To be fair  mate, Pena looks like a bull, morelos is strong as fuck for his size and it's not as if Alves is a stranger to confrontation!

I know what you're saying, but it's not like Pedro has brought in a load of tippy tappy players with no real physical attributes.

However, his players don't seem very streetwise or have the guts to compete with the hammer throwers.

Would you be thinking that of Alves before he played a game for us? I think a lot of the comments were "I can't wait to Alves meets with the lego eater" etc

I think you're taking his comments to the extreme. He was clearly just saying things to protect his players in the hope that referees actually might start doing their jobs properly.

His comments have been produced after one of his players has had his nose broken, and after a match which to most reasonable people whom have watched it was physically extreme. It's not as if he's just suddenly came out with it for no reason and showing all what his plans are.

I am guilty of perhaps reading too much into his comments, but it's only in response to people thinking the comments are wonderful.

That triggers me and then everything get's over-analysed and his words stretched and pulled all over the place.

The bottom line is he speaks about Scotland and like he knows the environment fine well, but can't combat it and put a successful team on the park. Scottish football is not rocket science but some people such as Pedro attempt to make it so.

14 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

If Motherwell are allowed to play like they did on Sunday I am not so sure, the sellik defence with crosses into the box defending is nearly worse than ours.

Hibs scores 2 against them however they scored a lot more - that’s why they have that unbeaten run. Better players better manager - go back to 2000/01 season. They were nowhere 

o’neill replaced Dalglish/Barnes and proper money invested. It’s that simple but it needs proper investment 

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Theres a difference between a battle and being a dirty bastard. like the foul on cardoso. I'd condemn any of our players that did that to an opponent. battle hard, go in for every tackle, dont shirk out of a challenge, but dont play to injure someone purposely. 

The lego muncher for them lot is what you describe, and he is a classless wanker for it. he'd be a bit more respectable if he was just fearless and battled for everything, but hes a dirty cunt and thats why we hate him.

Totally agree we need more steel in the middle though. We need players willing to go into crunching tackles, drive the team forward.

Morelos got a booking for looking at an opponent v Well , Jack got a second yellow v Hamilton for a nothing foul on the half way line and Dorrans was booked v StJohnstone for fu*k all , only the wee diddy teams are allowed "crunching tackles " . If our players go into "crunching tackles" I'll guarantee you the referee will not be as charitably as he was to Motherwell  in the semi and we'll have to win games with ten men.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I am guilty of perhaps reading too much into his comments, but it's only in response to people thinking the comments are wonderful.

That triggers me and then everything get's over-analysed and his words stretched and pulled all over the place.

The bottom line is he speaks about Scotland and like he knows the environment fine well, but can't combat it and put a successful team on the park. Scottish football is not rocket science but some people such as Pedro attempt to make it so.

That's one of the reasons I respect your opinion mate, because you at least try to debate fairly, coherently and are at least willing to look at the possibility that you might be a bit biased against Pedro.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Hibs scores 2 against them however they scored a lot more - that’s why they have that unbeaten run. Better players better manager - go back to 2000/01 season. They were nowhere 

o’neill replaced Dalglish/Barnes and proper money invested. It’s that simple but it needs proper investment 

It doesn't stop teams winning one off games though. Honestly I have yet to hear about a bad challenge on sellik players this season (or last tbh) but every second game there is at least one on a Rangers player. Teams allow sellik to play, fear factor? Probably but no cunt puts the boot in.

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

It doesn't stop teams winning one off games though. Honestly I have yet to hear about a bad challenge on sellik players this season (or last tbh) but every second game there is at least one on a Rangers player. Teams allow sellik to play, fear factor? Probably but no cunt puts the boot in.

I remember when we beat Motherwell by six goals around 7 or 8 years ago, Motherwell just stood off of us for nearly the whole match and we pretty much played in whatever way we wanted and had a ridiculous amount of space all over the pitch.

Fact is, teams don't fear us any more, but they fear the scum - that needs to change.