**Official Football Manager 18 thread**

Perth_Campsie_Ger

On 05/05/2018 at 17:13, Goosetav said:

Stopped enjoying my Villa save when I got promoted, fuck knows why :lol: 

Started with Peterborough, one of the philosophies is to sign Irish players so will likely end up sacked for not doing it :lol: playing as Clint Hill to up the staunchness

One of the philosophies is to sign Irish players? Is there a reason why?  Sounds quite strange, I could understand English players. 

12 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

One of the philosophies is to sign Irish players? Is there a reason why?  Sounds quite strange, I could understand English players. 

The owner is Irish.

Never bothered with it anyway went Fulham instead, top after 17 games going well. It normally stops going well when I post an update in here...

The players demanded a meeting complaining about the atmosphere in the dressing room. I told them to start winning and the atmosphere would improve.

Next game was their first victory of the season away at Bournemouth.

Made the mistake of going for quantity over quality before when managing promoted teams before so not making many changes to the squad

Plan was to bring in 3 new signings, a CB, a CDM and a pacy striker whilst trying to retain Kalas, Targett and Mitrovic either on loan again or permanently. Got Kalas permanently and Targett on loan again for the season but couldn't get Mitrovic. Brought in Kenneth Zohore to replace him. Was able to get Keane and Schneiderlin from Everton as both were transfer listed and brought in James Wilson on loan as the quick striker. Still only the beginning of July but that's me done, will try get some out now. 

Got lots of really good youth prospects, can't recommend the boy Da Sila Lopes from Peterborough enough.

Started a Rangers game . Won league in first season at a canter , got in to second season got in champs league and got bored by November . Started a new game with Liverpool and doing well. Sitting 2nd in feb and still in champs league . Spent full 100m budget on Kane , he’s worth it 

Fixture list was fucked up, first 10 games or so were all against teams I'd have a good chance of picking up points against then had a run of (not in order) City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Leicester and Southampton. Southampton are 5th and Leicester 7th.

Went into the games in 4th so had points in the bag but lost to City, Arsenal and Liverpool and down to 10th. Lost to City 2-1 but Arsenal was 4-2 and Liverpool 6-3, got fucked 5-0 off Man Utd in the FA cup last season as well so really struggling to defend well against the big teams. Think I'm really going to struggle to avoid slipping down the table. 

Aim I gave myself at the start of the season was top 14. 3rd top scorers in the league without really having anyone prolific but got the 3rd worst defence.

Started this the other day just about to wrap up my first season still have a few games to go currently 5 points clear only been beating once in the league had 11 draws though ?? took a new contract but my transfer budget is shite for next season was hoping to get a decent bit to build the team how shite is Jamie Murphy in this was so disappointed with him 

29 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

My current Rangers save , not happy about losing to them , especially since its Steve Mclaren that manages them.

Still a quadruple treble isn't too shabby , lost the UCL final to PSG who pumped me 4-0.

15274106608961592766057.jpg

Lennon-3-1.thumb.jpg.46b3316213f1d3aed71177751ca7455b.jpg

tenor.gif.79c0d5a01c781500b41f637810406899.gif

Started a new game after my Fulham one crashing which I'm still not happy about, was the first one I'd really been into as far as a long term save

Started as Rangers but used the editor to give us our rumoured budget of £20m to fund our rebuild to keep things realistic...

Signed Leonardo Da Silva Lopes, Lee Gregory, Aden Flint, Josh Morris, Robert Leipertz, Stijin Wuytens and Ryan Fredricks. Managed to get rid of most of the deadwood but a few I haven't been able to shift

My game's went full on retard

2 games ago I won 3-1 at Pittodrie, was 3-0 up before the half hour. Last game Ross County at home, I had 30 shots to their 4, I lost 3-2 to a Michael Gardyne hat trick. Including a penalty shootout I've missed 7 of my last 8 penaltis. St Johnstone are top after 17 games.