Allan McGregor

GOAT

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Had Green told them to find new clubs and not transfer their contracts over as we cant afford them they would have had a VERY strong case for constructive dismissal.

And the vast majority of the support would have taken their side so none of it really adds up 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Out of all the players that 'left', i feel the least disdain for shagger.

Yes he left, though he was last to leave, you could see he wanted to stay and was torn about it.

Also heard a few times he grabbed either a player or someone from Duff and Phelphs by the throat when they were not 'playing ball' over the wage cut when he first entered Admin.

Plus his penalty saves against the taigs still fill me with joy, especially the one against gorgous George.

I’m with you , when the players decided to cut their wages to keep non football staff employed it had to be all in or it wouldn’t happen., AM was first to put his name forward and many followed except 3 which soon became two , both injured at the time so they thought they were losing more than the others due to not getting bonus or appearance money, AM aske D&P to split his bonus and give the two the rest just to get it sorted to keep non football staff. The two then came online but stage managed an interview with Sky from their cars on the way out to look the leaders on securing the deal. 

I would have welcomed and still would welcome AM back in a second maybe not as first choice keeper but he is a capible back up . I was told the story by someone involved in setting up the players helping normal working guys.

the proof is in the press conference. They never mentioned being forced out the door and there was no need for the new club pish from Naismith even if they had been. They all saw an opportunity to get out and they took it, with agents promising higher wages because no transfer fee would be involved. naismith basically came up with every reason under the sun to get out. "Being pushed" wasnt one of them.

Its black and white. 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

And the vast majority of the support would have taken their side so none of it really adds up 

Exactly. Could you imagine the uproar if McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith, Davis and Lafferty all came out and said Green was trying to force them out of the club - potentially costing us millions?

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I'll never, ever forget watching that presser and hearing a supposed Rangers supporter talk that way.

Yep, it already felt like the world was ending for us at that point without that adding to it 

I'm not saying it didn't take a bit of time to get over Miller playing for them but I can't remember ever feeling as angry about that as with Naismith 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Yep, it already felt like the world was ending for us at that point without that adding to it 

I'm not saying it didn't take a bit of time to get over Miller playing for them but I can't remember ever feeling as angry about that as with Naismith 

Miller always struck me as  a bit of an opportunist, so going to them didnt actually surprise me with him. 

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

Met up for a few drinks wae a boy I used to work wae yesterday that I've no seen in a few years.  Anyway, he's good mates with Robert snodgrass and was telling me a story about when he met McGregor down in Hull.  They all ended up in their hotel bar, and he asked him about how it ended at Rangers.  Now maybe this is a bare faced lie I don't know, but he said that Green was the one that told him to find a new club as they couldn't afford him because he'd just signed a new seven year contract.  Why would green tell him to leave when we could have got a million or two for him, the same with most of the players that left that summer.  He apparently told him he regrets leaving and that as far as he was concerned he was finishing his career at us.  Just makes me wonder, are these the rats I thought they were and why haven't we been told the truth.  We deserve that I imagine.  If green told these players to fuck off, then that's disgraceful and the cunt again cost us a few million quid in transfer fees. 

I heard similar about other players mate I have no I’ll will to shagger and many others .

the ones that sat in a press conference and claimed no loyalty to us though can die any time 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've offered a couple of them the opportunity to give their side - and even offered to not publish if they were unhappy with how it was portrayed - but they refused. I'm pretty sure every paper in the country will likely have also made an offer to them to get their side but as yet nobody other than Naismith & Whittaker has really gone into any specific detail.

Did they give a reason why they wouldn't give their side of the story? Did you ask them was there some sort of clause stopping them from speaking about it?   I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye. I find it strange that they have never spoken about it or have given very little detail about what happened.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've offered a couple of them the opportunity to give their side - and even offered to not publish if they were unhappy with how it was portrayed - but they refused. I'm pretty sure every paper in the country will likely have also made an offer to them to get their side but as yet nobody other than Naismith & Whittaker has really gone into any specific detail.

Maybe your reputation precedes you :p:

I call bullshit on this. Not that Goat is reporting what he heard in good faith. But that there's any truth in the story that McGregor - or any of the other walk-away cunts - were not primarily motivated by their own gain.

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Did they give a reason why they wouldn't give their side of the story? Did you ask them was there some sort of clause stopping them from speaking about it?   I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye. I find it strange that they have never spoken about it or have given very little detail about what happened.

Nope. There's no confidentiality clause relating to TUPE that would stop them from giving their side of the story. Any contract they had with the company was terminated when they refused to transfer under TUPE so they have no legal obligation to the newco to remain silent on their refusal to transfer their contract over.

3 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

If I’m correct I’m sure ally said the only player to get in touch and tell him that he was leaving was infact mcgregor.    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if green did say to them to find new clubs..  1st month of preseason and having to pay out a heck of a lot of dosh whilst planning for 3rd tier?  

Its the same as when John greig walked out when whyte took over. Never said anything,  why?  Why didn’t he and then our players tell us why they were leaving?  It really fucks me off as these players that left- strong Rangers fans they are/were and they never had the balls to tell the loyal fan base that supported them for years what was happening.

It's true that he was the only one who told McCoist and Sandy Jardine that we was leaving. 

I think the ones who left went about it the wrong way. Mind you, knowing what we know now, can you blame them for not trusting green? 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nope. There's no confidentiality clause relating to TUPE that would stop them from giving their side of the story. Any contract they had with the company was terminated when they refused to transfer under TUPE so they have no legal obligation to the newco to remain silent on their refusal to transfer their contract over.

Yeah, not an expert on these things but I never thought there could be confidentiality clauses to blame when they legally walked out on their contacts 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Strange, something stopped them giving their side of the story. Are you planning on asking for a future interview if so they may open up if they are all together on a conference call interview.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Strange, something stopped them giving their side of the story. Are you planning on asking for a future interview if so they may open up if they are all together on a conference call interview.

Perhaps what stopped them is that ultimately their actions were about self preservation and they can't really explain that away? 

What stopped them is the fact the only thing that forced them to leave Rangers was their own financial motivation. Were it not, they'd have been shouting it from the rooftops long before now.

10 minutes ago, MisterC said:

It's true that he was the only one who told McCoist and Sandy Jardine that we was leaving. 

I think the ones who left went about it the wrong way. Mind you, knowing what we know now, can you blame them for not trusting green? 

IMHO it was bugger all to do with trusting Green. All the high value/high earning players knew they'd most probably be moved on but it would have been on the club's terms and to get the best deal for the club.

Not agreeing to TUPE meant that they were free agents to get the best possible deal for themselves in signing bonus and wages.

Pure and utter greedy and self serving cunts every last one of them.

There is that but I seem to recall that they didn't have to TUPE over if they thought CG was involved with CW.

You are under no obligation to TUPE over for any reason you can come up with - or none at all.

Were there a legitimate reason for them leaving we'd have heard by now.