Allan McGregor

GOAT

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

What has stopped McGregor from telling us the truth up till now? Unless the truth is that he is a rat bastard

Aye he will tell it to a tim but no one else....

Just sounds like more pish from those who ditched us. O5her players who were there say different so I'd rather trust the word of them than the ones who legged it to double their salary. 

18 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Why did none of them transfer over? They all agreed release clauses when we went into admin so they were all aware there was a possibility they could have left. Of course now it would have made no difference where the money went but at the time, getting in even reduced transfer fee's for the likes of Mcgregor, Naismith, Davis, Whittaker etc would have been better than us getting fuck all. I try not to think about it anymore the whole situation fucks me right off.

because they didnt need to and their agents told them this is a great time to get the fuck out of dodge onto much higher wages.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's five years since he left Rangers. If he wanted to put the record straight he's had ample opportunity.

Exactly !  I don't think that I've saw or read about any of those that left trying to justify or explain their side of the story ( the infamous duo apart )  

Lafferty when he was looking for a move back to Scotland reportedly regretted the way he left , but no real explanation or details were given . 

6 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Exactly !  I don't think that I've saw or read about any of those that left trying to justify or explain their side of the story ( the infamous duo apart )  

Lafferty when he was looking for a move back to Scotland reportedly regretted the way he left , but no real explanation or details were given . 

I've offered a couple of them the opportunity to give their side - and even offered to not publish if they were unhappy with how it was portrayed - but they refused. I'm pretty sure every paper in the country will likely have also made an offer to them to get their side but as yet nobody other than Naismith & Whittaker has really gone into any specific detail.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I've offered a couple of them the opportunity to give their side - and even offered to not publish if they were unhappy with how it was portrayed - but they refused. I'm pretty sure every paper in the country will likely have also made an offer to them to get their side but as yet nobody other than Naismith & Whittaker has really gone into any specific detail.

There's been noises about the 'full story will come out' for years now 

Non story, we know Green wanted those players out. Was never any guarantee of selling anyone and the salaries the likes of McGregor and Whittaker were on, we couldn't afford them. We know all this. Rangers would not have survived if the so called rats had hung around to force the club to honour their contracts. Assuming we could just sell them for this amount or that amount is ridiculous and a gamble Green and his spiv pals couldn't afford to take. Fuck we had to borrow money to pay the dross that couldn't find a new club and did hang around. 

7 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Non story, we know Green wanted those players out. Was never any guarantee of selling anyone and the salaries the likes of McGregor and Whittaker were on, we couldn't afford them. We know all this. Rangers would not have survived if the so called rats had hung around to force the club to honour their contracts. Assuming we could just sell them for this amount or that amount is ridiculous and a gamble Green and his spiv pals couldn't afford to take. Fuck we had to borrow money to pay the dross that couldn't find a new club and did hang around. 

They were players that had played a key part of three title wins in a row, a UEFA Cup final run, CL campaigns and were all internationalists 

The circumstances mean we likely wouldn't have got as high a price for them as we could have but of course we'd have been able to sell, they all got clubs after leaving quickly enough 

If that was the case then maybe he should have persued the club he was signing for to give Rangers a nominal payment like Davis did?

Or perhaps waived his signing on fee (which would have been in the millions) and got it sent to Rangers?

Don't fall for these cunts traps. They knew what they were doing, their agents knew what they were doing and we knew what they did.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Met up for a few drinks wae a boy I used to work wae yesterday that I've no seen in a few years.  Anyway, he's good mates with Robert snodgrass and was telling me a story about when he met McGregor down in Hull.  They all ended up in their hotel bar, and he asked him about how it ended at Rangers.  Now maybe this is a bare faced lie I don't know, but he said that Green was the one that told him to find a new club as they couldn't afford him because he'd just signed a new seven year contract.  Why would green tell him to leave when we could have got a million or two for him, the same with most of the players that left that summer.  He apparently told him he regrets leaving and that as far as he was concerned he was finishing his career at us.  Just makes me wonder, are these the rats I thought they were and why haven't we been told the truth.  We deserve that I imagine.  If green told these players to fuck off, then that's disgraceful and the cunt again cost us a few million quid in transfer fees. 

I have heard from several people that there is more to McGregor leaving than him just being a rat.

Hopefully the truth all comes out one day.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Met up for a few drinks wae a boy I used to work wae yesterday that I've no seen in a few years.  Anyway, he's good mates with Robert snodgrass and was telling me a story about when he met McGregor down in Hull.  They all ended up in their hotel bar, and he asked him about how it ended at Rangers.  Now maybe this is a bare faced lie I don't know, but he said that Green was the one that told him to find a new club as they couldn't afford him because he'd just signed a new seven year contract.  Why would green tell him to leave when we could have got a million or two for him, the same with most of the players that left that summer.  He apparently told him he regrets leaving and that as far as he was concerned he was finishing his career at us.  Just makes me wonder, are these the rats I thought they were and why haven't we been told the truth.  We deserve that I imagine.  If green told these players to fuck off, then that's disgraceful and the cunt again cost us a few million quid in transfer fees. 

Shut it 

So Green told them to find new clubs and say fuck all and be considered pariahs and traitors by the Rangers support?

And thats even before you consider that press conference, even in a fire sale thats potentially 10-15m worth of players and Green just said, fuck it, find new clubs?

fucking bullshit.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I've never heard that version of events, I think this tim is at the wind up. 

I know a boy who knows Mcgregor pretty well, Mcgregor definitely regrets leaving that is for sure, he was unsure of the implications of TUPE and what Green's intentions were and there was deep distrust towards him. 

Maybe Mcgregor has changed his story but I'd bet this tim is at it. 

Tbh I'd have taken Mcgregor back, not sure how he has been getting on recently but a few years ago when there was rumours flying around I would have liked to see him back between the sticks. I mean it's all well and good saying they are rats (some are) but what you also need to understand is that so was Green and I wouldn't have trusted him either. 

It's very possible Green told them to find new clubs but was intending to sell them, and this then backfired when the SPFA and the players agents told the players they could leave for nothing. Even if this was true it is still the players fault at the end of the day as they chose to deny us money by not transferring.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Worth noting as well that even if that scenario was correct Green couldn't just force them out, under TUPE they all had the right to transfer contracts whatever was said

Had Green told them to find new clubs and not transfer their contracts over as we cant afford them they would have had a VERY strong case for constructive dismissal.