five stars

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's the problem (as you rightly say) it's OK venting at them (IMO totally justified) but it's also a valid question in response about who's going to replace them?

Don't get me wrong, their conduct and poor decision-making (and that's me being kind) has made it a hundred times more difficult, but we still need to accept the reality and that is who is going to replace them? 

Sadly the same thing would need to happen i.e another interested part/parties, having the cash, buy the shares (maybe even put the club through the torture of another hostile takeover so they can afford the take over) and then try and get all these pricks in RST, Club1872, Sons of Struth etc onside aswell and divert the loyalty away from their masters currently in charge.

It makes for grim grim thought. Depressing.

So we're stuck with them in the meantime?  I don't think it's grim, but I don't think it's good enough and we do need better.  With respect to the fans groups, again it's a personal opinion, but I think they genuinely do think they're doing the best for the club, and they're entitled to that belief...but it's also my right to disagree.  I also think they're under a spell though, because I do agree that they need to distance themselves from the boards influence and try thinking for themselves. 

At the end of the day there's more that we have in common than not, and at some point a way has to be found, either from within, or with external forces somehow finding a way in.  Both come with risk though, and that's the dilemma with a lot of fans until you know "who's next" and what the intentions are.  Could be frying pan to the fire.  I'd love to see some activity though...might even galvanise the current lot into some positive action :rofl:

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

So we're stuck with them in the meantime?  I don't think it's grim, but I don't think it's good enough and we do need better.  With respect to the fans groups, again it's a personal opinion, but I think they genuinely do think they're doing the best for the club, and they're entitled to that belief...but it's also my right to disagree.  I also think they're under a spell though, because I do agree that they need to distance themselves from the boards influence and try thinking for themselves. 

At the end of the day there's more that we have in common than not, and at some point a way has to be found, either from within, or with external forces somehow finding a way in.  Both come with risk though, and that's the dilemma with a lot of fans until you know "who's next" and what the intentions are.  Could be frying pan to the fire.  I'd love to see some activity though...might even galvanise the current lot into some positive action 

Yeah we are stuck with them in the meantime IMO ... in fact not just the meantime, the long-term which is grim in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

Who'd want to invest in Rangers after reading this thread?

You'd be on a hiding to nothing. Blamed for just about everything bar the weather.

I used to think fan owership might be a good idea but after reading through this, I'm now convinced it would be utter bedlam.

Nobody has to read this thread.

Every cunt knows King.

6 hours ago, bordersbear said:

Do you really think so? We could have been playing at The Sports Direct Stadium for the last few years. Getting all of our history and heritage flushed down the toilet so the fat one can get his free advertising. Fuck off!

I don't give a fuck if the stadium gets renamed the Jimmy Krankie Memorial Stadium so long as we are winning and have someone who gives more of a fuck than king and murray. One's hardly ever here and the other's too busy building bridges.

At 52 I've seen the bad times and I've seen the good times, I've seen shysters come and go and I'm still waiting for a Mesiah to arrive at Ibrox in the meantime we have a very naughty boy.

17 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I always get intrigued by "Sack the board" type posts. Given that the board usually represent the majority of shareholders in any private (non plc) company - exactly who do you think is going to sack them?

They're going to sack themselves and be replaced by Santa Claus.

8 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

No need for a NOMAD? Ffs any business that wants to trade on the LSE and raise capital needs one otherwise we trade with ginger bottles on some kiddy on stock market. We need funds from investors.

We don't need a NOMAD or a listing on the LSE. 

You're not going to get anymore institutional investment in Rangers.

Why? There simply is no money to be made in Scottish football. Unless joining the EPL or a European league of some sort was on the cards, the only people who will invest are those with an emotional connection.

If your some high flying fund manager you'll be looking at India or somewhere like that with potential high growth not Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

We don't need a NOMAD or a listing on the LSE. 

You're not going to get anymore institutional investment in Rangers.

Why? There simply is no money to be made in Scottish football. Unless joining the EPL or a European league of some sort was on the cards, the only people who will invest are those with an emotional connection.

If your some high flying fund manager you'll be looking at India or somewhere like that with potential high growth not Scottish football.

Thought you weren’t here to defend the board.

Any chance of that list of good King & Co have done?

Thought not.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Thought you weren’t here to defend the board.

Any chance of that list of good King & Co have done?

Thought not.

I'm not on here to defend the board. As I've previous posted i think the board are mediocre.

The purpose of this topic was to understand why the board are hated some much by a vocal minority.

And after reading through the thread there's only one logical conclusion to arrive at ... they're absolutely fuckin nuts! ?.

Long live the King!

1 minute ago, five stars said:

I'm not on here to defend the board. As I've previous posted i think the board are mediocre.

The purpose of this topic was understand why the board are hated some much by a vocal minority.

And after reading through the thread there's only one logical conclusion to arrive at ... there absolutely fuckin nuts! ?.

Long live the King!

Yer stupid. You wonder why they’re hated, I’d have thought that was pretty obvious even for you.

Where’s the list? You can’t supply one cause there ain’t one.

Muppet!

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This place just hates mate - mind you it’s only a few but prolific posters but the skew the perception of this forum. They hate the board, players, ex players and wallow in negativity. 

Sorry but that's bullshit the board are a fucking joke and most of us can see that, it's called reality not negativity?

19 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Yer stupid. You wonder why they’re hated, I’d have thought that was pretty obvious even for you.

Where’s the list? You can’t supply one cause there ain’t one.

Muppet!

If you want to start a topic along the lines of "What have the board done for us?", go ahead.

Then, who knows, you might get the answers you say your looking for.

But your not really looking for answers, you've closed your mind like some religious zealot, unable to see both sides and as such producing hysterical ramblings like an upset teenage girl.

I quite like the Muppets. 

53 minutes ago, five stars said:

If you want to start a topic along the lines of "What have the board done for us?", go ahead.

Then, who knows, you might get the answers you say your looking for.

But your not really looking for answers, you've closed your mind like some religious zealot, unable to see both sides and as such producing hysterical ramblings like an upset teenage girl.

I quite like the Muppets. 

You know why they’re hated now there’s a list a mile long on here. What will it take for you to wake up to what’s going on? Religious Zealot, ha

Five stars, I see your man has opened a boozer in South Africa.

4B9D486C-4340-4E4B-86AE-992C5CE8F045.jpeg

4 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Five star he doesn't need to start a new thread, he asked you a perfectly reasonable question, that you can't answer.

This topic is about the hatred of the board by a vocal minority.

As i previous suggested if you want a list of things the Romans have done for us start your own topic!

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

This topic is about the hatred of the board by a vocal minority.

As i previous suggested if you want a list of things the Romans have done for us start your own topic!

You’ve had your answer, what you hanging around for? Let’s face it you’ve asked and been answered yet won’t answer others simple question. Is that not how it works?

19 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'll give you my own list ..

King is a criminal.
King is a liar.
Still no statement on the campaign by celtic and SPFL to reignite the title stripping campaign after the EBT tax ruling appeals.
King trying to get on the creditors list for his 20-million back when we were in administration then coming out publically and encouraging them to knock back the CVA we had in - that's unforgivable.
Paul Murray doesn't have a penny to his name.
They were all a concert party involved in a hostile takeover having their goons organise protests and boycotts to drive the share price down at the clubs expense.
Dave King failing to show up for the traditional tribute for the 66 dead in the disaster.
They hung the fans out to dry for the Scottish Cup final.
They've zero ambition.
They are bridge-building bastards.
King has said on record ideally he wants to share titles with celtic for the good of Scottish football.
They have secured little investment from the outside.
They don't have the finances to get us competing. 
Their decisions constantly baffle me such as the director of football but if that wasn't bad enough doing it arse over elbow and getting one in after appointing a manager.
Giving Warburton too long to the detriment of our team.
Appointing Pedro in the first place.
6-weeks and counting and we are still no closer to appointing Pedro's replacement.
Ibrox still hasn't had any substantial cleaning/repairs or upkeep done to it.
Joke statements put out on the official website that are embarrassing. 
Failing to persuade McInnes' a lifelong Rangers fan and ex-player to take the position of manager after initial talks.
Failing to defend the club.
Allowing Motherwell and Hibs and Hearts to bully us with reduced ticketing allocations.
Unwilling to even consider giving the fenians a reduced allocation or the very least look into and explore our options.
Still no NOMAD/stock exchange listing.
Promising transparency with fuck-all transparency forthcoming.
A manifesto pledge that no Rangers director will be involved in any business contracts with Rangers FC - couple of weeks later Park's have the coach contract.
Giving Chris Graham, John Brown and Craig Houston jobs in an official capacity to reward them for their help in the boycott's, protests and hostile takeover (albiet Graham fucked it for himself)
I've also heard from a few sources now that Dave King is impossible to get a hold off - sometimes the others can't get a hold of him for a week at a time while he's across in Africa. 

There's a lot, lot more. I'll edit and update as they cross my mind.

They are fucking scum. Parasites. Inbcompetents. Runts. 

While I wouldn't argue with most of what you say, I find it astonishing, you've omitted this most board's most glaring shortcoming in your extensive list: 

This board have clearly demonstrated their inability to handle the concomitant risks associated with a massive club like Rangers FC.

I'm sure you were aware of it, and will edit your post for it's inclusion :happy:

12 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

We already owed Ashley £6,000,000 at the time so the total debt to him would have been £16,000,000.

When Rangers defaulted on the loans and that would have happened Ashley would have owned Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

It was a case of selling the ground by the backdoor to be honest.

how much do we owe Dave King? 

you are a complete hypocrite over this issue. completely two faced

1 hour ago, five stars said:

The purpose of this topic was to understand why the board are hated some much by a vocal minority.

And after reading through the thread there's only one logical conclusion to arrive at ... they're absolutely fuckin nuts! ?.

Long live the King!

because you're kidding yourself on, you're the most pathetic poster I've seen here in a while 

you thot you'd get some defenders on here but you don't and now you've shat it. Shitebag

10 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Mixed - but don’t ‘hate’ them. How do you think their doing? 

Pretty poorly, I don’t hate them either, but I’m apathetic to them. 

They aren’t doing a good job (or even an acceptable one), and have failed significantly in delivering on a number of promises - particularly in terms of transparency.

I can see why some are very, very angry. Surely you can too?