five stars

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

But one of the trivial things you mentioned cost us a high profile transfer target at the last hurdle 

that’s not trivial 

then you said I got my information down the pub when in fact it’s came from the players agent who’s a blue nose himself (which you will now read and say bullshit) I’ve played this game before I know how it pans out with people who refuse to believe anything 

Genuinely don't know how to respond to this, so I'll just leave it.

5 hours ago, five stars said:

There is a small very vocal minority on The Bears' Den that dislike the present board. In fact, it would be more accurate to say they despise them.

Now you could argue all day about decisions the board have and haven't made, but the level of hatred directed towards them seems to point to something beyond just their running of the club.

So what is it, why the hate?

This place just hates mate - mind you it’s only a few but prolific posters but the skew the perception of this forum. They hate the board, players, ex players and wallow in negativity. 

4 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

???????????

Seriously mate???

Are you phishing???

Just look back at all the guff that prick king said and he's not fulfilled one single promise.

So fuck him and his board of yes men. We really couldn't have been worse off if Ashley had taken control.

Do you really think so? We could have been playing at The Sports Direct Stadium for the last few years. Getting all of our history and heritage flushed down the toilet so the fat one can get his free advertising. Fuck off!

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

You just wonder at times where the venom is for the real villains like Murray,Whyte and Green at times these 3 have done a 1000 times more damage to our club than someone like Paul Murray yet they get about 1% of the abuse.

The reason the 'venom' is being aimed at this lot is because they are current, the previous lot are yesterdays news.

Just now, bordersbear said:

Do you really think so? We could have been playing at The Sports Direct Stadium for the last few years. Getting all of our history and heritage flushed down the toilet so the fat one can get his free advertising. Fuck off!

You’ve just rewrote a hell of a lot of history there .. if you remember Ashley gave back the renaming rights so that kinda throws that horror story into the bin 

hope that doesn’t make me an Ashley cheerleader now or anything 

3 hours ago, FSM said:

Believe me, I'm not sticking up for the board, and I'd love to see them replaced with a board we deserve, but some of the stuff stated on here as fact is just hyperbolic nonsense.

But we have gone seven weeks without a manager, and there is no sign of one coming in anytime soon. That, for me anyway, indicates a problem. I know we were rejected last week, but that would have been six weeks; where is the leadership at this club right now? I was also thinking of something else the other day, in this calendar year how many weeks during our competitive seasons, this one and last season, have we gone without a manager? This whole situation is all wrong, and it is not the way this club has ever operated before. This need this sorted, they need a proper executive running the day to day of the club better, and they need to show real ambition to be first by having a definite plan and sticking with it.

Just now, K.A.I said:

You’ve just rewrote a hell of a lot of history there .. if you remember Ashley gave back the renaming rights so that kinda throws that horror story into the bin 

hope that doesn’t make me an Ashley cheerleader now or anything 

Ashley proposed mortgaging off Ibrox weeks before being forced out.

Yes I know that may have happened in the past under Murray but we were never going to default on any loans during that period had Ashley got his way Rangers would never have been able to pay back the £10m or so back.

You can slag this board off as much as you want but had they not showed up believe me things would be a thousand times worse than they are now.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

Yes I know that may have happened in the past under Murray but we were never going to default on any loans during that period had Ashley got his way Rangers would never have been able to pay back the £10m or so back.

You can slag this board off as much as you want but had they not showed up believe me things would be a thousand times worse than they are now.

Is the default position what previous boards have done; does that give this lot a free pass for incompetence? This manager situation is symptomatic of a great malaise at this club, and it needs sorted.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

I’m not saying Ashley was good or making a case for him proposing something is a far cry from just doing what he wants like taking the stadium etc - he handed back the naming rights as a goodwill gesture now I’m not neive there would have been something in it for him he’s a businessman 

I also agree these guys needed to oust him and they did but they’ve done nothing but lie and make the wrong decision since - the good will is long gone 

56 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh ffs, not that old chesnut?!

Like any worthy suitors would reveal themselve and hike up the price in a bidding war, or let our criminal think we are worth something?

They will strike when we are weakened enough in their eyes, when we can be picked off without any premium. That day is not so far off, unless this new hong kong fuey appointment is bringing in a billion behind him or more to the point, probably here to rape us.

You don't do business.

in case you never seen my reply in another thread, here you go:

your crusade is delightful on the internet, spouting forth in just about every post about our board - can I ask you what are you intending doing? did you attend the AGM or submit a question? have you arranged anything, spoke with anyone etc... just asking as nothing will get done spouting on the internet.

Can I also say - say we all unite?, a concentrated effort. Boycott tickets, walk outs -  walk ins, protests, media campaigning etc. The objective to remove the board. say that actually happens - what then? as far as I can see there's nobody in the wings! we'd be a tadge up the creek and open to shoddy bus company men again, no?

Different scenario, A COMPLETELY different scenario -  if we had a consortium/sugar daddy with the acumen (business and personality) and wealth to properly build an infrastructure on proper business principles to tap into this massive club - AND King and his merry men were refusing this investment/approach.....then we could go forth, in fact I might even boo like fuck at the front doors myself -  but there's nobody is there! nada, fuck all - the recession has gubbed this kind of investment, we are in the arse end of world football and it's just not attractive to invest in. 

I personally do not think King and his merry men are all happy with the current "soft loan" approach - who would be! and why on earth would they NOT be actively pursuing investment?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is the default position what previous boards have done; does that give this lot a free pass for incompetence? This manager situation is symptomatic of a great malaise at this club, and it needs sorted.

Not really a deflection as such just a reminder of where we would have been right now without them.

More than likely we would be renting Ibrox at this minute and fighting relegation.

2 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Wow this forum is full of petulant spoiled brats who want everything right now and if they can't have it right now then they are going to scream and scream until they are sick. Then we'll all be sorry, then we'll know.

Not full mate, about 10 or so, give or take....

2 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Wow this forum is full of petulant spoiled brats who want everything right now and if they can't have it right now then they are going to scream and scream until they are sick. Then we'll all be sorry, then we'll know.

Do you think they are doing a good job?

A board that complained about "having to get the right man in" as manager then appointed a nobody that no-one had heard  of, that's won nothing in the game.  Then when he does what his time as manager said he would do (that's fail btw) they sack him and then talk about needing to get the right man in again and after six weeks go for Derek fucking McInnes only to get knocked back.  They clearly had no plan B.  They are a fucking shambles. 

15 minutes ago, writingranger said:

It's been 6 years, how much longer do you want to fucking wait for better days you fucking mug 

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Do you think they are doing a good job?

Yes. They don't have lots of money to put in but they have still done so and it's not finished yet. we are so much further forward than we were when they took over - a 6-1 aggregate defeat to Motherwell. That was not a reflection of Mcall either. We are currently 2nd in the league, they have invested in the playing squad and stabilised us as well as investing behind the scenes. Yes there have been mistakes. Warburton wasn't one of them, he was a good coach that didn't fancy staying in the Old Firm goldfish bowl. Caixhina was a howler, and that statement sounded like it had been written by a member of the philibuster gang in this forum. The league is actually in our own gift now. I think that's progress and a sign the board is doing a good job. In reality it's better for us we don't have a sugar daddy type, it makes the climb back to the top all the sweeter.

19 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Not really a deflection as such just a reminder of where we would have been right now without them.

More than likely we would be renting Ibrox at this minute and fighting relegation.

it is a deflection, followed by a load of ifs buts and maybes. 7 pages in and the only defence of the board anyone can come up with is the default pish about the old board. This thread is damning to those backing the board since they clearly can't tell us what's so great about them