five stars

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Not picking a fight as you seem to have a few connections but can Rangers only sign certain players if Dave King is on the phone? Does this mean DK had final say on Pena, Cardoso, Morelos etc? Hold my hand up and say I don't know myself.

In this instance I am told that for once Robertson did everything right and was the one doing his job trying to make it happen but it needed King's approval in terms of funds. That's literally all I know, anything other than that would be made up/half truth's.

4 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30827483

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is ready to provide a loan of about £10m to Rangers but wants security of Ibrox Stadium and the club's Murray Park training ground, BBC Scotland has learned.

The so-called Three Bears consortium, led by the businessman Douglas Park, is believed to have offered a counter loan of about half that amount.

That group wants two seats on the club board and security over Murray Park.

However, it is thought the Rangers board feel the £5m loan is not enough.

In a statement to the Stock Exchange at lunchtime on Thursday, Rangers said: "The directors confirm that they are currently considering various proposals to secure the financial future of the club, however no decision has been made at this time."

The club needs a major injection of cash within the next few weeks just to continue as a going concern.

Rangers released a statement last year assuring fans that the club's stadium would never be used as security.

Bit different from Ashley selling the stadium is it not? I'd want something substantial as security too if I was handing over 10 million quid. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Bit different from Ashley selling the stadium is it not? I'd want something substantial as security too if I was handing over 10 million quid. 

We already owed Ashley £6,000,000 at the time so the total debt to him would have been £16,000,000.

When Rangers defaulted on the loans and that would have happened Ashley would have owned Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

It was a case of selling the ground by the backdoor to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

We already owed Ashley £6,000,000 at the time so the total debt to him would have been £16,000,000.

When Rangers defaulted on the loans and that would have happened Ashley would have owned Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

We'd have probably used the 10 million to buy a crocked Newcastle player.

6 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is ready to provide a loan of about £10m to Rangers but wants security of Ibrox Stadium and the club's Murray Park training ground, BBC Scotland has learned.

The so-called Three Bears consortium, led by the businessman Douglas Park, is believed to have offered a counter loan of about half that amount.

In a statement to the Stock Exchange at lunchtime on Thursday, Rangers said: "The directors confirm that they are currently considering various proposals to secure the financial future of the club, however no decision has been made at this time."

The club needs a major injection of cash within the next few weeks just to continue as a going concern.

Rangers released a statement last year assuring fans that the club's stadium would never be used as security.

Did the current board not offer to do  the same re. Ibrox ?  

I'm sure that this was stated by the Takeover panel , and that emails between DK and chris Graham were produced stating that they could ensure that there would be no fans backlash . 

4 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

There's a few chains before that though ..

If his 10-million loan got approved.
If Rangers defaulted.
If he took up full security on them he could have leased them back to the club forever .. you need to remember the training ground can't be built upon, that's common knowledge - it literally can't be used for housing and Ibrox stadium the facade is listed similar to Highbury but who's going to buy premium flats in Govan with the state of the place the way it is? there's no market for luxury developments - it's nowhere even near the Clyde to put a bit of a premium on top.

Ashley was bad news, make no mistake but some of the stuff get's re-wrote a little. 

Just a quick question, has Park or Letham or anyone else had any sort of security on any of the loans they gave at the start? 

15 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

We have to remember the conditions the then board were working under.

King and his gang had managed to persuade many fan not to buy season tickets, so only about 24,000 kept the lights on and they were also causing a shit storm on a daily basis. Ally was also our manager and that was not an appointment made by them.

I would love to know how this present board would manage to work under these conditions ? 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's a few chains before that though ..

If his 10-million loan got approved.
If Rangers defaulted.
If he took up full security on them he could have leased them back to the club forever .. you need to remember the training ground can't be built upon, that's common knowledge - it literally can't be used for housing and Ibrox stadium the facade is listed similar to Highbury but who's going to buy premium flats in Govan with the state of the place the way it is? there's no market for luxury developments - it's nowhere even near the Clyde to put a bit of a premium on top.

Ashley was bad news, make no mistake but some of the stuff get's re-wrote a little. 

Just a quick question, has Park or Letham or anyone else had any sort of security on any of the loans they gave at the start? 

Final post on this cause would rather chat about the footie.

But I think the odds of Rangers defaulting were huge at that time I can't see anyway the club was paying that kind of money back.

Also I was never of the opinion that Ashley was going to knock Ibrox down or anything but I suspect the plan was to rent it back to the club long term at maybe a million or year or so.

As for Park, Letham that's a question I can't really answer one way or another I've not seen anything but that's not to say they never.

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

Final post on this cause would rather chat about the footie.

But I think the odds of Rangers defaulting were huge at that time I can't see anyway the club was paying that kind of money back.

Also I was never of the opinion that Ashley was going to knock Ibrox down or anything but I suspect the plan was to rent it back to the club long term at maybe a million or year or so.

As for Park, Letham that's a question I can't really answer one way or another I've not seen anything but that's not to say they never.

The cheek of a businessman not getting 16-million back he's gave out and having to rent back the stadium at a million or so a year to get what he's owed back. Whatever is the world coming to ...

As said above, the likes of King caused it by organising boycotts to season tickets, merchandise and replica kits. 

King etc did what they think was right there, but you can't have it both ways praise King for driving them out, then moaning about the consequences of doing it. 

The Easedales lent a million quid interested and security free and took the money back when we sold Lewis McLeod and got fucking dogs abuse.

8 hours ago, five stars said:

There is a small very vocal minority on The Bears' Den that dislike the present board. In fact, it would be more accurate to say they despise them.

Now you could argue all day about decisions the board have and haven't made, but the level of hatred directed towards them seems to point to something beyond just their running of the club.

So what is it, why the hate?

Are u for fkn real, or a pal of them

8 hours ago, five stars said:

There is a small very vocal minority on The Bears' Den that dislike the present board. In fact, it would be more accurate to say they despise them.

Now you could argue all day about decisions the board have and haven't made, but the level of hatred directed towards them seems to point to something beyond just their running of the club.

So what is it, why the hate?

Here is an example - Sponsorship revenue 1.5 us - the Sheep 1.8m

However the board congratulate themselves that revenue has increased basically as season ticket uptake and increase account for about 75% of the increase

They are not fit to run a football club and will have us dwelling in mediocrity for years as they pile on more debt as they have not got a scobbie

Who'd want to invest in Rangers after reading this thread?

You'd be on a hiding to nothing. Blamed for just about everything bar the weather.

I used to think fan owership might be a good idea but after reading through this, I'm now convinced it would be utter bedlam.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

You'd be on a hiding to nothing. Blamed for just about everything bar the weather.

I used to think fan owership might be a good idea but after reading through this, I'm now convinced it would be utter bedlam.

No-one would want to invest in Rangers reading this thread - because it's highlighted all the boards current failures making us an ugly proposition for investment. It's all their doing. The fans have done their bit, they buy season tickets in record numbers, support the team and would be happy to buy shit loads of kits if we were ever to get the stock issues sorted out.

You don't realise the damage they have done to our brand to the extent it needs a visionary to come in with a proper plan and the courage of his convictions and right all the wrongs of this mob, or some Asian/Russian billionaire who fancies a hobby.

I agree with fan ownership point. Fuck that. Think things are bad now? wait and see how the club is ran when the usual dicks from Club1872, Sons of Struth, Rangers Observer, RST etc take up their cosy wee positions in a fan ownership model.

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

I wouldn't ever want the likes of Ashley back, but don't see how people can be 100% behind this board when they could have done something from the start, and risked the club to get control of it. 

If they had gotten in before Green etc., I don't doubt we would ve in a better position financially than we are now, but they didn't and I would love to know why.

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

So he was going to sell it??

You do know King & Mini sat on a board that did just the exact same?? 

So please spare me the total hypocrisy of that lying cunt King. 

This place is mental.

Full of message-board-educated-business-experts who know how to run a multi million turnover business football club in an age of austerity when getting a line of credit for a start up business with no rating is nigh on impossible.

Takes me back to the good old days the tim-tax-experts who had the same self proclaimed expertise and insider knowledge...and, oh how they were ridiculed.

I've asked the same question multiple times because I don't particularly believe in this board either...and all you get back is "King lover" and such like...but who else is there?

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

This place is mental.

Full of message-board-educated-business-experts who know how to run a multi million turnover business football club in an age of austerity when getting a line of credit for a start up business with no rating is nigh on impossible.

Takes me back to the good old days the tim-tax-experts who had the same self proclaimed expertise and insider knowledge...and, oh how they were ridiculed.

I've asked the same question multiple times because I don't particularly believe in this board either...and all you get back is "King lover" and such like...but who else is there?

But you could apply that exact same logic back to the ones who think the board can do no wrong shouting about Ashley without giving a thought to the fact we needed money from him, the Easedales etc to keep the lights on too due to their self-promoted season ticket, retail and merchandise boycott's (in regards to your age of austerity and lack of credit lines)

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But you could apply that exact same logic back to the ones who think the board can do no wrong shouting about Ashley without giving a thought to the fact we needed money from him, the Easedales etc to keep the lights on too due to their self-promoted season ticket, retail and merchandise boycott's (in regards to your age of austerity and lack of credit lines)

Correct.  My point is none of us really know the detail or difficulty in running Rangers in the circumstances we've come through and still face.  We all have ideas and some people play dot-to-dot and draw a picture of what they think...usually prejudiced by pre-conception or titbits of information that we might not really understand...but think we do,  me included.  We all have an opinion, and mine is the current lot are in it for better reasons than the last lot (yes, I said it!), but I don't believe they have the resource or skills to take us to the next level.  I'm grateful for the fact they took us out of the hands of Green/Ashley/Lambias et al., because I really do believe that was a road to ruin, but no, they're not good enough for where we want to be.  Which means my second point remains, who is going to take us to the next level?

Whilst the loudest voices get disproportianately heard on a forum, my experience of the real world is that most bears have become very sceptical of this board. Wouldn't go as far as hate, but quickly becoming scunnered with the lack of professionalism, information and broken promises. 

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Correct.  My point is none of us really know the detail or difficulty in running Rangers in the circumstances we've come through and still face.  We all have ideas and some people play dot-to-dot and draw a picture of what they think...usually prejudiced by pre-conception or titbits of information that we might not really understand...but think we do,  me included.  We all have an opinion, and mine is the current lot are in it for better reasons than the last lot (yes, I said it!), but I don't believe they have the resource or skills to take us to the next level.  I'm grateful for the fact they took us out of the hands of Green/Ashley/Lambias et al., because I really do believe that was a road to ruin, but no, they're not good enough for where we want to be.  Which means my second point remains, who is going to take us to the next level?

That's the problem (as you rightly say) it's OK venting at them (IMO totally justified) but it's also a valid question in response about who's going to replace them?

Don't get me wrong, their conduct and poor decision-making (and that's me being kind) has made it a hundred times more difficult, but we still need to accept the reality and that is who is going to replace them? 

Sadly the same thing would need to happen i.e another interested part/parties, having the cash, buy the shares (maybe even put the club through the torture of another hostile takeover so they can afford the take over) and then try and get all these pricks in RST, Club1872, Sons of Struth etc onside aswell and divert the loyalty away from their masters currently in charge.

It makes for grim grim thought. Depressing.